Ruby Holley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean that’s some peoples monthly wages for one person.. how is that relatable in the slightest??

Reactions: 6
I mean that’s some peoples monthly wages for one person.. how is that relatable in the slightest??
That’s literally what I was typing before I saw yours. I really cannot believe her! Yes she’s rich but is there ANY need to be as showy as she is 🤢🤢 and I started this thread because I liked her. How the tables have turned 😂

Reactions: 8
Is she for real?! I’d consider £50 on a tree expensive 😩 she really has no clue does she. Oh how the other half live!
same thoughts here! £50 seems plenty for a tree and I’d expect it to be decent and last. The John Lewis one is expensive at 400 quid. As for a grand on a tree. It’s obscene. Like clearly she has the money but what other women in their late 20s would spend that kind of money of a tree? I don’t get who her audience is. Is like rich people in their 50s or something? I’m in my 30s and my friends are all professionals but none of us would care to spend that much on Xmas decs.

Shes trying to be relatable and a luxury account at the same time but it doesn’t work. Also she’s really boring. I have no idea what she does with her weeks to be honest. She’s like a stay at home mum with out kids.

Reactions: 9
same thoughts here! £50 seems plenty for a tree and I’d expect it to be decent and last. The John Lewis one is expensive at 400 quid. As for a grand on a tree. It’s obscene. Like clearly she has the money but what other women in their late 20s would spend that kind of money of a tree? I don’t get who her audience is. Is like rich people in their 50s or something? I’m in my 30s and my friends are all professionals but none of us would care to spend that much on Xmas decs.

Shes trying to be relatable and a luxury account at the same time but it doesn’t work. Also she’s really boring. I have no idea what she does with her weeks to be honest. She’s like a stay at home mum with out kids.
Absolutely! I agree she really needs to try to re think what her demographic is, if you’re going to be so bouji like that just own it and go for it but if you’re trying to be relatable then she really needs to tone it down because it just makes her looks silly and I’m sure some less secure people feel like tit.

Reactions: 2

that’s just the Christmas tree skirt 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1

I think part of the problem is she doesn’t even get who her audience are, or who she is herself, like you say trying to be relatable and luxury at the same time and it shows (badly) in her content cos the reality is she’s not the same as her followers no matter what she thinks. She’s not the same as other youtubers or instagrammers because some of them have had to work harder to get a platform - she hasn’t and she’s had the money to back her. Take a look at someone like Anastasia Kingsnorth, I find her annoying but she’s from a poor background and has worked hard to build a platform and actually still can be somewhat normal and relatable to her viewers even with being able to afford to buy designer bags etc. I’m a similar age to Ruby, i’m certainly not engaged to a footballer but I come from a decent enough background and I have always worked hard but I just don’t find her relatable anymore?? I absolutely loved her at the beginning, I think partly the pandemic has exposed her massively for who she is. She doesn’t even own her privilege.

Also don’t get me wrong, i’m sure it’s a lovely tree and trees could be an investment - we’ve got a nice one that we’ve had more than 10 years but I can assure you it didn’t cost any more than £100 😂😂 I’ve seen LOVELY christmas trees in Dunelm for £15, or the Range or B&M have ones that look similar to Ruby’s but for literally a fraction of the price.

Ruby needs to massively think about her content and her audience if she wants to continue and cared, otherwise she’ll continue to prove how out of touch she is

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think part of the problem is she doesn’t even get who her audience are, or who she is herself, like you say trying to be relatable and luxury at the same time and it shows (badly) in her content cos the reality is she’s not the same as her followers no matter what she thinks. She’s not the same as other youtubers or instagrammers because some of them have had to work harder to get a platform - she hasn’t and she’s had the money to back her. Take a look at someone like Anastasia Kingsnorth, I find her annoying but she’s from a poor background and has worked hard to build a platform and actually still can be somewhat normal and relatable to her viewers even with being able to afford to buy designer bags etc. I’m a similar age to Ruby, i’m certainly not engaged to a footballer but I come from a decent enough background and I have always worked hard but I just don’t find her relatable anymore?? I absolutely loved her at the beginning, I think partly the pandemic has exposed her massively for who she is. She doesn’t even own her privilege.

Also don’t get me wrong, i’m sure it’s a lovely tree and trees could be an investment - we’ve got a nice one that we’ve had more than 10 years but I can assure you it didn’t cost any more than £100 😂😂 I’ve seen LOVELY christmas trees in Dunelm for £15, or the Range or B&M have ones that look similar to Ruby’s but for literally a fraction of the price.

Ruby needs to massively think about her content and her audience if she wants to continue and cared, otherwise she’ll continue to prove how out of touch she is
You’ve basically summed up everything I’ve been trying to say but couldn’t explain or pop into words! Preach it sis!!!

I don’t think she is even 25 yet 🤣 Talk about boring. Her fiancé seems even more dull.

You are all on the money here. She doesn’t know who her audience is. Trying to be relatable and down to earth doesn’t work for her when she has a smug, spoilt princess attitude the rest of the time.

exactly this, its the desperate attempt to please everyone that annoys me. She pretends to be this really down to earth girl who’s just living her life, planning her wedding, walking her dog. Literally just own it that you’re rich, make the absolute most of it because you can, I would! But don’t spend a grand on a christmas tree and then preach to us about how we should be supporting small businesses this christmas. Sick of it.

I wouldn’t even pay £45 for a Christmas tree SKIRT is that an actual joke please stick it in a bucket and be done with it will ya 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Can’t use her platform to reference free school meals once or raise awareness but can get straight on to flog her hello fresh discount code so she earns credits. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Hardly as though she’s in desp need of discounted meals.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I was actually thinking about what a lazy cow she was earlier. Someone up thread said Sam seemed boring and I agree but like most footballers, he trains (when not injured) and seems to spend the rest of his time gaming.
Then you’ve got Marcus Rashford actually doing something valuable with his time/influence/platform about free school meals, including volunteering. Considering Ruby told us to vote for other people not just yourself, that she supports Labour where are her and Sam with some philanthropy causes?? They have the time on their hands and oodles of money. I mean just think if she’d got the John Lewis Xmas tree, she’d have had 600 quid free to donate to charity or buy Xmas gifts for poor kids.

The more you learn about her, the more you see that her morals, ethics and so called politics are hollow illusions. Might as well vote Tory next time Ruby hun.

Reactions: 12
The stories - she has no body confidence, would never go to things where she had to wear a bikini and that’s her biggest fear in life she’ll regret it (like really?? How shallow and shows how sheltered her life is)
Super quick skim through her insta and 6 posts from this summer alone in swimwear. Zero judgement but stop with the lies for sympathy.

• Sick
What’s with the secrecy over the wedding venue? If Olivia Atwood can show where she’s getting married I’m sure you can ruby, I don’t think you need to be worrying about ruining an OK magazine deal 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What’s with the secrecy over the wedding venue? If Olivia Atwood can show where she’s getting married I’m sure you can ruby, I don’t think you need to be worrying about ruining an OK magazine deal 😂
This! And she doesn’t like aaany wedding dresses she’s seen?! That just comes off as stuck up as well - obviously nothing is good enough for Princess Ruby

There’s a chat suggestion box.... do I don’t I 😂
hehe do it 😜 but you’ll prob get blocked! remember Princess Relatable Ruby thinks anyone saying mean things on the internet should have the police come round!

of course her wedding venue is top secret and she likes no dresses so is going to get a custom one 🙄🙄 just another day in the life of Princess Relatable Ruby! Can’t be wearing a wedding dress same as the proles might be able to buy!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.