Ruby Holley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thoughts? I like her overall. I am glad she didn’t choose to continue with Boohoo and co after the news of the modern slavery coming out and terminated her contract. Many other influencers have turned a blind eye to that and continue to promote Boohoo and Nastygal.

Reactions: 9
Thoughts? I like her overall. I am glad she didn’t choose to continue with Boohoo and co after the news of the modern slavery coming out and terminated her contract. Many other influencers have turned a blind eye to that and continue to promote Boohoo and Nastygal.
Yeah I really like her instagram, some of her content isn’t that relatable to me (she has expensive taste but fair dos if they have the money and I’m sure some of her followers can relate to thus) but I just find her a really responsible influencer in regards to what she posts about real world issues (boohoo issue, world politics, her experience of having a mum with cancer etc.)

Reactions: 5
Yeah I really like her instagram, some of her content isn’t that relatable to me (she has expensive taste but fair dos if they have the money and I’m sure some of her followers can relate to thus) but I just find her a really responsible influencer in regards to what she posts about real world issues (boohoo issue, world politics, her experience of having a mum with cancer etc.)
Me too, I find it sad sometimes when she posts anything to do with “real life” issues and gets hate for it and it makes her stop doing that. I wish she would continue talking about difficult topics because what she says can change the view or opinion of someone. But I understand that she gets anxious etc too.

I find her a breath of fresh air! Find her very sweet & I Love her content. Really respect that she dropped the likes of boohoo & nastygal.
And I just like how she labels everything as ad or aff properly. I find she is the only one that does!!

Reactions: 12
I generally like her and happy to keep following her. But I find she is very quick to jump on a defence wagon, so one time I recall her posting a story about not being able to sleep and so placing a £300 Charlotte Tilbury order...I think someone called her out on it and she went on a bit of a rampage, showing the PayPal receipt to prove it was from her own money and not sponsored or gifted...she’s also gotten very defensive when people have questioned her posts on high price tag items which can come off as a little blasé/unintentionally braggy. Point in case being when she ordered a few £100+ swimsuits for a holiday she might not even take.
She stands her ground but could easily turn into a Hannah Gale if she can’t handle the rough with the smooth.
She handles herself much better than the likes of Sophie Milner who punta Gucci/Chanel/high ticket items but not in a way that gives you any kind of desire to follow up the post and buy.

Reactions: 1
She had a rant about how she feels people attack influencers for not addressing every single injustice in the world but it doesn’t mean they don’t care. This is following Wiley’s tweets last night.

She always writes a huge rant then deletes it because of backlash, she’s said before it’s an anxiety thing but she should just ignore the DMs or not look at her message requests.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
I missed her rant but its true, she seems to take everything personally and has to be defensive about it. It is true that many influencers have not spoken out about Wiley even though they were vocal about BLM. Noticed shes on holiday in Ibiza now, she will probably get defensive about that given the new quarantine rules.

Reactions: 2
I challenged both Ruby and another blogger when they were posting about BLM and blaming the conservatives and just called out that there are racists in all pockets of society, being Tory didn’t automatically making you racist and being labour didn’t absolve you, especially when you factor in the proven Antisemitism in the party. Finger pointing and trying to pass the blame due to how you vote politically wouldn’t help anything. And was quite defensible told by both of them that we weren’t talking about Jewish people right now and I needed to educate myself.

Be interesting to see if either of these address this now.

She is definitely very intelligent and has more integrity than other influencers but as other posters have said she is extremely defensive and she seems quite stuck up if I’m honest.

One thing I do not understand is why she always moans that she can only go on holidays at certain times of the year because of her boyfriend’s job (I’ve seen other WAG say similar) Im not sure about the rest of you lot but as an employee I’m only allowed to take 4 weeks annual leave a year, 2 of which I don’t get to choose. Sorry Ruby you don’t have my sympathy 😜

Also, we’ve been advised against non essential travel and now she’s on holiday with the possibility of quarantine on return. As an influencer with a public platform she can certainly expect to get backlash for going away.

Reactions: 6
Some stuff was mentioned about Ruby on the covid and influencers thread from someone that knows her family and the words stuck up were used. She seems quite highly strung and probably can’t take a bit of banter.

her fella is a footballer on a £2m deal. I’m sick of her hearing her moan about how hard it is to do up a house when she clearly has access to an easy life and lots of money. As for moaning about taking holidays around Sam, well I’m sure the £2m a year makes the holiday thing worth it. She really does whine a lot.

the other thing is how political she keeps getting. Some might say it’s refreshing but the posts before the dec election were guilt tripping people into voting one way. And she only disclosed in her blog post that she interned for Jeremy Corbyn so clearly she is going to be biased for that reason. unfortunately she’s the author of her own problems in regards to this, if you use your platform to be political and speak on social justice people expectations will change. Where as Ruby wants to sound off when it so suits her then post a Zara haul without anyone challenging her

She had a rant about how she feels people attack influencers for not addressing every single injustice in the world but it doesn’t mean they don’t care. This is following Wiley’s tweets last night.

She always writes a huge rant then deletes it because of backlash, she’s said before it’s an anxiety thing but she should just ignore the DMs or not look at her message requests.
She can’t honestly post politically inclined posts on a public platform and not expect people to debate her point of view, I know she has a politics degree but doesn’t mean she is right and everyone else is wrong. One person challenges her and she deletes it and makes out she’s being victimised in her DMs over it.
I watched her vlog regarding her mum’s cancer and it did make me realise Ruby doesn’t quite have this gold plated life she portrays on screen. But then nobody’s life is perfect, lesson number one of Instagram I guess!

I’ve just seen she and Sam have just gotten engaged as well, this will be interesting...on a scale of 1-10 I wonder how much of a bridezilla she will be?

• Haha
I think she’ll be a nightmare. She will probably milk the wedding content though as that’s good for growing her insta. I‘m sure she will whinge a lot despite having a massive budget and able to hire a wedding planner and someone to dress the space etc. french chateau weddings are very in fashion for influencers at the moment so can see her doing something similar.

I’ve only recently started following Ruby and I really like her. I felt like she was relatable until I found out that she was a WAG... but I still find her more natural and down to earth than the majority of **WAGs turned influencers**

I can see where people think she’s stuck up but I personally think she is more normal than most influencers, has a classy taste when it comes to doing up her house and isn’t pumped full of fillers.

also my bf follows football and found this screenshot that seems to confirm Sam makes £2m

Attachments

I’ve just seen she and Sam have just gotten engaged as well, this will be interesting...on a scale of 1-10 I wonder how much of a bridezilla she will be?
Ooooh after seeing this comment I went to look. They’ve been together for years and seem genuinely in love together, I am happy for them! I know their wedding will be lavish (they can afford it, so by all means). I like watching lavish wedding prep as I am nowhere near that stage in my life 😂

I’ve only recently started following Ruby and I really like her. I felt like she was relatable until I found out that she was a WAG... but I still find her more natural and down to earth than the majority of **WAGs turned influencers**

I can see where people think she’s stuck up but I personally think she is more normal than most influencers, has a classy taste when it comes to doing up her house and isn’t pumped full of fillers.

also my bf follows football and found this screenshot that seems to confirm Sam makes £2m
Don’t get me wrong I like the fact she posts a lot of normal things like H&M dresses (which have ruined my bank account haha) and she does have good taste. But part of me especially with politics, has made me realise she is relying on the fact a large majority of her followers are brainless dunderheads when it comes to voting etc and so she’s using that power to try and influence them..and when one other clued up person plays devil’s advocate she can’t hack it! That would be my only gripe. That and her sometimes off hand approach to spending lots of dolla on something.
As I’ve said before nowhere near as bad as Sophie Milner who sits in her pants all day crying she’s broke and had to freeze her credit card in a block of ice because she spanked her money on Louis Vuitton passport holder and Chanel dad sandals. Bore off love!

its hard to get away from the fact she has a very high income earning partner. She can afford to be more selective with ads etc than a lot of influencers because she doesn’t need the money. So whilst a lot of influencers get criticised for too many ads, Ruby gets praised for being more relatable and only posting stuff she loves. Yeah well it’s pretty easy when the job is effectively a hobby and she’s got £2m coming in the door. Also easy to tell other people how to vote and to think of others when you’re sorted for life. The way she carried on over lockdown and complained she was providing free content to stop people being bored really pissed me off.
she barely put out any more content, and to be honest I don’t think she makes that much effort with her channels. Her house is like every other influencers. Blue kitchen, herringbone floor, moulded panelling, pampas grass in vases, neutral colours etc. hardly groundbreaking stuff.

She has a lovely house in altrincham which is one of the richest areas in greater manchester. To be honest I don’t think she likes living up here. She’d move back down south in heartbeat if she could. She doesn’t really make the most of living in Manchester and her recommendations are the most generic / higher end you could pick. I live about 20 mins from her so it makes me laugh when she recommends restaurants round here.

a bit like her recommendations for stay cations. In the lake District she said Low Wood Bay where rooms are about £600 a night. Soooo relatable to all the nurses, teachers, officer workers, receptionists that follow her!

There’s also stuff on this thread about ruby.

That other thread is really interesting. It doesn’t shock me she is a spoilt brat in real life, the sister seems just so ever slightly more down to earth but they’ve both got entitled running through them like a stick of rock. I said that on the other thread but it’s so true!

Her sister wasn’t down to earth but becoming a Mum has changed her. Jo is Ruby’s half sister and used to work for GLAMOUR magazine and then went to work for Vogue. She had a very glam wedding in South Africa as her husband works in Finance.

Ruby is certainly more classy than other influencers, I could never see her getting fillers etc, but she definitely believes she is something special.

She also needs to acknowledge just how much of a leg up she’s been given in life. Her entire family are not short of money, and the swanky job she got when she graduated writing risk assessments for journalists going in to war zones was at her Uncle’s company. Add to that the footballer boyfriend, the big house they own in Southampton and the big house they own in Altrincham too, she’s living on easy street.

She’s a clever girl, I just think it’s a waste she got sucked into influencer life as she actually had career goals.

Plus isn’t it interesting she always mentions her glam half sister but never her brother...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.