Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has some very interesting fashion choices... this Shrek-swamp green dress is certainly not appropriate for an event where people are wearing dress shirts and suits, and the girls in front of her seem to be wearing floor-length gowns. Also her hair, couldn't she have at least styled it? šŸ˜…
but sheā€™s the littlest genius child provide at the party!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
If she has watched Saltburn (fast-forwarding through the naughty bits, of course) and based her accessories on the film then I am feeling sooooo much second-hand embarrassment for her right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
If she has watched Saltburn (fast-forwarding through the naughty bits, of course) and based her accessories on the film then I am feeling sooooo much second-hand embarrassment for her right now.
Remi da me of the time she was eating a peach while reading a certain book....

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Confirmation of no Oxford PhD? ā€˜Leavingā€™ for summer? Cambridge PhD? šŸ¤”
IMG_6117.jpeg

• Haha
I donā€™t know if itā€™s like this at Oxford but doesnā€™t she live likeā€¦ 45 minutes away? Surely Oxford gives out Alumni passes (for a fee of course) to get access to the library right?

Reactions: 9
Confirmation of no Oxford PhD? ā€˜Leavingā€™ for summer? Cambridge PhD? šŸ¤”
View attachment 3012857
I would be really surprised if she returns to Oxford to study. She was not at all prepared for her Masters, she took a time period that she isn't even interested in and tried to squeeze a very random and vague subject about female children for her paper. Everything was just to get into Oxford and be able to tick it off her to do list. It was never the Dark Academia place she romanticized in her head. She couldn't hang around and pose for all the pictures she wanted to because everyone was watching her and wondering what the heck she was doing. Childish behaviour in a Masters at Oxford setting do not match up well. Then she was quickly reminded that she was there to actually study and get a degree and ended up exhausted and running home as often as she could. If you enjoyed your uni, you would not be running from it. You would make the most of it during the semester. Not rushing to squeeze books in at the end. I'm sure for every book she has briefly glanced at, she will add it to her 534 books she has supposedly read in 2024. Not the first time, won't be the last. I think, in reality, she wants to get out of there, but there lies the massive hole she has dug. What to do next? Living back at home like a child is so cringe and backward. Everyone knows where her cottage is, so can't live there safely. That is what happens when you overshare. No job lined up in her field of study makes her look like a fool for going as far as getting a master's degree that she will likely never use. My understanding is that Cambridge is even harder than Oxford, so I can't see that happening either. As Oxford originally rejected her for undergraduate studies I think she found the entire experience anti-climatic from the very beginning, even in the way she delayed in telling us that she was going to attend. I have a feeling she wasn't even sure if she wanted to for a while. I expect travelling, quoting poetry, twirling in fields, laying on the ground in a white nightgown, and "my life as an aspiring author" will be the only things she will run with until her parents wise up and kick her out. I can't imagine being 24 and not having a driver's license and car, needing someone to drive me everywhere like a little pathetic adult child, never having worked with customers or on a cash register. Has she ever even babysat an infant or changed a diaper? As someone recently posted, her younger sister Martha is a character, but she has long since surpassed her sister in maturity and experience.

Reactions: 11
what does her sister do exactly? other than collect bad tattoos
Who cares what Martha is does? She keeps herself to herself. What she's not doing is maliciously selling a lie to her young audience to stroke her own ego and line her own pockets. She's not cosplaying as child genius who sacrifices her entire life to studying and academic achievement, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and sometimes longer. She's not selling an unattainable image that not even she can ever hope to live up to. She' not preoccupied daydreaming about being an 11 year old girl in her childhood bedroom. She ain't stealing charity money to buy herself overpriced Miss Patina dresses.

Most likely Marfa is doing absoloutely nothing productive with her life. It seems like she is perfectly content to waste all her time on her crappy little creative projects, get drunk with her friends every other night, and spend her parents money whenever and wherever she can. If that's what makes her happy, good for her. The problem with Ruby is not that she's a waste of space. TBH, I wish I could be a waste of space and never work a day in my life, too. The problem with Ruby is the pathological lying, the snobbishness, and the judgemental self-righteousness.

And the biggest sin of all, Ruby's not even happy doing it.

Reactions: 21
Itā€™ll never fail to make me laugh that she constantly uses anything but her own company planners!

Also the new video, itā€™s so sad that sheā€™s spending her final few weeks in Oxford going home rather than enjoying her ā€œdreamā€ university. Agree with someone elseā€™s comment that itā€™s just such a boring video.

I can't believe she's attended a black tie ball in that awful green dress...

View attachment 3011181
I'm embarrassed by how much this irritates me. She can't shut her pumpkin hole about dark academia, old world charm, vintage and antiques and everything that screams old money. There is no way she can't learn what to wear to a white tie event. Let's say that she is tit skint, she hasn't two pennies to rub together and this is the one dress she can utilize for the evening - fine. Let's say she can't wear heels or a proper formal shoe due to medical reasons - fine. What she can do for a grand total of zero quid is to fix her bleeping hair. She can't even run a brush through that shapeless blanket, never mind style it or put it in an updo of some sort. It looks like someone's deranged relative has escaped her locked room and wandered into the garden party.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I think we are all missing the point of Ruby's year at Oxford which was she got to pretend she was Hermione Granger....and that's it

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm embarrassed by how much this irritates me. She can't shut her pumpkin hole about dark academia, old world charm, vintage and antiques and everything that screams old money. There is no way she can't learn what to wear to a white tie event. Let's say that she is tit skint, she hasn't two pennies to rub together and this is the one dress she can utilize for the evening - fine. Let's say she can't wear heels or a proper formal shoe due to medical reasons - fine. What she can do for a grand total of zero quid is to fix her bleeping hair. She can't even run a brush through that shapeless blanket, never mind style it or put it in an updo of some sort. It looks like someone's deranged relative has escaped her locked room and wandered into the garden party.
It's like she's completely blind to what she looks like and what is appropriate for the occasion or the weather at any given time

Reactions: 10
Who cares what Martha is does? She keeps herself to herself. What she's not doing is maliciously selling a lie to her young audience to stroke her own ego and line her own pockets. She's not cosplaying as child genius who sacrifices her entire life to studying and academic achievement, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and sometimes longer. She's not selling an unattainable image that not even she can ever hope to live up to. She' not preoccupied daydreaming about being an 11 year old girl in her childhood bedroom. She ain't stealing charity money to buy herself overpriced Miss Patina dresses.

Most likely Marfa is doing absoloutely nothing productive with her life. It seems like she is perfectly content to waste all her time on her crappy little creative projects, get drunk with her friends every other night, and spend her parents money whenever and wherever she can. If that's what makes her happy, good for her. The problem with Ruby is not that she's a waste of space. TBH, I wish I could be a waste of space and never work a day in my life, too. The problem with Ruby is the pathological lying, the snobbishness, and the judgemental self-righteousness.

And the biggest sin of all, Ruby's not even happy doing it.
ok. thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
New thread title suggestion: Ruby Granger #46 "An Oxford Elegy"

Excerpt from that work of the same title by Ralph Vaughan Williams:

Come, let me read the oft-read tale again:
The story of that Oxford scholar poor,
Who, one summer morn forsook his her friends,
And came, as most men deemā€™d, to little good,
But came to Oxford and his her friends no more.

Reactions: 6
Maybe she just wanted her quirky "I'm not like other girls" moment right out of a middle-grade fiction novel. Move over Erimentha!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ruby walking through the halls one last time

Though farewells weigh upon my soul,
Your essence in me makes me whole.
So here's to you, dear Oxford true,
Forever in my heart, adieu.

• Haha
Ruby walking through the halls one last time

Though farewells weigh upon my soul,
Your essence in me makes me whole.
So here's to you, dear Oxford true,
Forever in my heart, adieu.
No more to grace thy hallowed halls,
I now return to twirling ā€™lone,
To sing my woe to circling gulls
And flowers, ā€™til their bloom be gone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Can I suggest a title for a new thread too? Using her ever-favorite Harry Potter's first chapter title.

Ruby Granger #46 The Girl Who is Not Like Other Girls

or, Ruby Granger #46 The Girl Who is More Than Just Productive

• Haha
Reactions: 10
New thread title suggestion: Ruby Granger #46 "An Oxford Elegy"

Excerpt from that work of the same title by Ralph Vaughan Williams:

Come, let me read the oft-read tale again:
The story of that Oxford scholar poor,
Who, one summer morn forsook his her friends,
And came, as most men deemā€™d, to little good,
But came to Oxford and his her friends no more.
Counter suggestion: Ruby Granger #46 "An Oxford Tragedy"

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.