Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This made my morning lololol thank you for everything you doooo

Reactions: 6
Ruby's dissertation sounds like a disaster but I bet she will pass. I just don't think it will be publishable.
I'm thinking of her Exeter dissertation. Ruby's description made it sound terrible, but she managed to get a first overall, so it can't have been as vague and thrown together as it seemed. I do think she'll pass this one, but who knows what grade.

I'm convinced the reasoning for not sharing her topic (people said discouraging things about her undegrad diss) was a direct response to Tattle comments. I remember everyone saying it would be a disaster. And yes it definitely sounded that way from the vlogs she was uploading.

Things I liked about her latest video:

Nature montage with piano music
Martha's car tour. The fuzzy dice

What I didn't like:

Smearing pumpkin puree into the carpet. Anyone would think a baby lived there.

Reactions: 11
I’m struggling to see the link for marigolds. If she’s trying to link springtime and childhood then maybe a different flower, sine marigolds bloom in the summer … Herrick and roses maybe, but marigolds?

Reactions: 3
She's probably the only person whose imposter syndrome is actually justified...does she even know what she's yapping about??

Reactions: 18
I remember with a cringe the time I went to my English Literature dissertation supervisor to discuss my first draft, she straight-up told me it was rubbish and needed better links to research and such - mine was all sort of tenuous and wishy-washy. I got told to basically redo the whole draft.

I'd love to know what Ruby's discussion with hers went - do they know about the marigolds or has she added that in as a special last minute surprise?

I didn't do too well in mine in the end, my life was sort of falling apart due to anxiety at that time but I still came away with a second class mark, and I'm sure she'll pass, I just don't think she'll get high first class...unless...she's the ultimate troll and all these breadcrumbs in her vlogs are fake and she's actually top of her class

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
She's probably the only person whose imposter syndrome is actually justified...does she even know what she's yapping about??
She's the only person a bit of imposter syndrome would actually be good for and she doesn't have an ounce of it lmao

Reactions: 18
what does her sister do exactly? other than collect bad tattoos

Reactions: 10
what does her sister do exactly? other than collect bad tattoos
I think she edits (some of?) Ruby’s videos as well as running the pumpkin productivity Instagram, both of which I assume Ruby pays her for. Maybe she does some other freelance editing/creative stuff. Also wouldn’t surprise if me she had a real part time job like retail or hospitality or something but no idea.

God, I hope she doesn’t use Ruby’s videos as examples of her editing work

Reactions: 3
God, I hope she doesn’t use Ruby’s videos as examples of her editing work
No joke, I think she does.

I wonder what made her move back home after living in Brighton? You'd think there'd be a lot more going on in Brighton, but maybe it was cheaper and more comfortable to live with the parents again.

Oh 'letters' - that makes more sense. I thought she was banging on about Lewis Carroll's 'lattice'. But it being Ruby I sort of went with it. Makes as much sense as studying marigolds for a dissertation about childhood.

Reactions: 13
I can't believe she's attended a black tie ball in that awful green dress...

View attachment 3011181
I honestly do not understand her at all. She has plenty of money. She obviously isn't nearly as classy as she would like to make herself out to be. Anyone easily knows how to dress properly for a formal black tie event. Yet she dressed up in some bizarre puke green dress that doesn't even look proper for a garden party, let alone an evening black tie ball. omg How dense can you get? I dress nicer than this for church! And still, the long, unstyled hair, just flapping around aimlessly. She looks like a slob.

Wait. Is she freaking wearing an antler headband? omg Time to resort back to our dress-up playdates. So much for maturity.

Reactions: 15
the editing of the new video is so bad. The blue tint is so yuck, the sound quality with that loudass music and keyboard typing, the constant frowning, like girl if you don't wanna do this anymore than we get it oml.

How can she get to her mid-twenties and still be that ignorant she doesn’t know what to wear to a black tie event? What does she wear to weddings? A tracksuit?
Probably this green dress...again ahahaha

Even that black maxi dress she sometimes wears would have been better.

Reactions: 7
Looks like she was trying to go for the theme of the ball (no idea what it is, probably fairies or something like that). If she had a nice dress for it, then the antler headband could be a nice touch (depending on theme). But also, it's not a black tie event. I think that's the Pembroke College ball, which is a commemoration ball... Which is white tie. So, uh, even more egregious.

Looking through the Ball insta I am jealous actually. They had a Ceilidh, and like, shit to do. I went to the Univ Ball just gone and it was shite. Smaller colleges have thrown better events.

Reactions: 9
I can't believe she's attended a black tie ball in that awful green dress...

View attachment 3011181
She has some very interesting fashion choices... this Shrek-swamp green dress is certainly not appropriate for an event where people are wearing dress shirts and suits, and the girls in front of her seem to be wearing floor-length gowns. Also her hair, couldn't she have at least styled it?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.