Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2914087View attachment 2914088
View attachment 2914089
0 brain cells 🤣🤣

Anyone seen this TikTok where she claims she’s never liked talking about the weather (🤣) but discovered yesterday that people use it as small talk?

View attachment 2914090

Also, another comment points out that this week’s Oxford magazine has an article on this very thing. This girl has never had an original thought it her life.
So when she talks about the weather she's being profound and poetic but when others talk about the weather it's boring and shallow small talk?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
So when she talks about the weather she's being profound and poetic but when others talk about the weather it's boring and shallow small talk?
Kind of like other people are vegans and don’t wear leather or wool 😂

She’s used to having special exceptions made for her.

Reactions: 11
View attachment 2914087View attachment 2914088
View attachment 2914089
0 brain cells 🤣🤣

Anyone seen this TikTok where she claims she’s never liked talking about the weather (🤣) but discovered yesterday that people use it as small talk?

View attachment 2914090

Also, another comment points out that this week’s Oxford magazine has an article on this very thing. This girl has never had an original thought it her life.
Unbelievable… her post TODAY! 🤣 her entire personality is the weather but apparently she only started talking about it yesterday…
IMG_5765.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Unbelievable… her post TODAY! 🤣 her entire personality is the weather but apparently she only started talking about it yesterday…
View attachment 2915113
Too busy with her diss to post regular content - not too busy to draw on fake freckles. Let’s have a little closeup of her Wallace&Gromit face, why don’t we ☠

IMG_2864.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
what are your predictions she is gonna do in the future, after she graduates from Oxford?

Reactions: 5
what are your predictions she is gonna do in the future, after she graduates from Oxford?
Home, for at least another 'gap year', filming content such as:

- Why I didn't share my Masters grades
- We need to normalise not doing a PhD
- Masters reset routine
- My morning routine as an unpublished author
- My evening routine as an unpublished author

I can't see Ruby ever getting a 'normal' job, in the sense of a 9-5 office job (or even working from home). I don't think she could cope with being given tasks without someone marvelling at how clever and talented she is. I can see her either a) doing another degree at Exeter b) doing more placements at her former school and/or c) forever 'working' on a novel that never gets published whilst living on income from her cottage and YouTube.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I have no words for how much I hate that rain hat- it absolutely horrifies me- honestly thinking of buying one as a joke and filling my families reactions

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I could actually picture her working in a bookshop, archive or library but I think you might need extra qualifications to be an archivist. I could also picture her working in a museum maybe. Not saying she’d be good at any of these or that she’d last long but I think those are the kind of jobs she probably pictures herself going into so if she pursued any kind of actual job I reckon it would be that. But yeah definitely not a traditional 9-5 office job.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Only catching up now and the post it thing is sending me over the edge. She doesn’t have a creative bone in her body. Whyyy did she pick the tiniest post its 😂 it just makes the whole thing feel even more boring.

Reactions: 3
Only catching up now and the post it thing is sending me over the edge. She doesn’t have a creative bone in her body. Whyyy did she pick the tiniest post its 😂 it just makes the whole thing feel even more boring.
I feel like she got the smallest post its so she could save money 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I could actually picture her working in a bookshop, archive or library but I think you might need extra qualifications to be an archivist. I could also picture her working in a museum maybe. Not saying she’d be good at any of these or that she’d last long but I think those are the kind of jobs she probably pictures herself going into so if she pursued any kind of actual job I reckon it would be that. But yeah definitely not a traditional 9-5 office job.
I work in an archives and Ruby would love processing - most things come in dusty and haven’t been touched/cared for in ages (kind of like her windowsill, or her house in general!) 😂

But I agree, I don’t think she’d stay long, we don’t get much validation (aside from my boss) as the people who’s files we handle are often no longer alive, and we never really see the people who make use of the materials, and it feels like Ruby only does things for the validation.

Reactions: 14
I work in an archives and Ruby would love processing - most things come in dusty and haven’t been touched/cared for in ages (kind of like her windowsill, or her house in general!) 😂

But I agree, I don’t think she’d stay long, we don’t get much validation (aside from my boss) as the people who’s files we handle are often no longer alive, and we never really see the people who make use of the materials, and it feels like Ruby only does things for the validation.
I used to work in archiving and I think she’d love the idea of the job but she’d hate the reality/pressure to get things done. You can’t sit and wonder at items you have to just get on with the job and meet deadlines. Obviously different for each workplace but we had to have a certain amount of documents/items filed on the system each day and you’d be quizzed about why you’re not moving fast enough even if you’re trying to preserve something that’s falling apart. Archiving (at least in my experience) is also a small, bitchy and ‘fend for yourself’ type of industry. Very small amount of jobs that a lot of people want and others do not want to see you do well sometimes. I don’t think she would manage that well.

Reactions: 12
Home, for at least another 'gap year', filming content such as:

- Why I didn't share my Masters grades
- We need to normalise not doing a PhD
- Masters reset routine
- My morning routine as an unpublished author
- My evening routine as an unpublished author

I can't see Ruby ever getting a 'normal' job, in the sense of a 9-5 office job (or even working from home). I don't think she could cope with being given tasks without someone marvelling at how clever and talented she is. I can see her either a) doing another degree at Exeter b) doing more placements at her former school and/or c) forever 'working' on a novel that never gets published whilst living on income from her cottage and YouTube.
frankly she’d be a shoe-in for Civil Service fast stream

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I wish she was who she portrayed herself to be because it would be awesome to have a bookish youtuber become a librarian (an actual librarian not a Jack Edwards) and use some of their knowledge and influence to maybe save indie book stores and promote indie authorship. We need more youtubers like emmie (though I don't think emmie plans to be a librarian).

As for my realistic answer, I think she's going to try for another year or so to get published. The thing that frustrates me about her writing is that fanfiction does have a place in publishing as do retellings, but instead of just calling her projects a retelling or a fanfiction, she just rips off other novels and pretends like she came up with an original idea. No story is completely original, but from what she has shown, all of her writing projects have been extremely derivative of classic authors.

Reactions: 18
I think she might pull a holly gabrielle and get some youtube work to supplement her random novel writing. They’re all gonna end up working for each other in their network eventually 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
frankly she’d be a shoe-in for Civil Service fast stream
I think that would suit her actually, especially options to WFH.
---
No story is completely original, but from what she has shown, all of her writing projects have been extremely derivative of classic authors.
This comes across in her poetry too. She'll have a thought like 'flowers in spring' or 'countryside rain', but it's clear she doesn't know how to develop that fragment into a full narrative. It's more acceptable with poetry because a poem can be a basic description of thing x, but when it comes to stories you need more of a plot. I think this is why Ruby always falls back on nature descriptions in her writing. Once she finishes describing the fields, she needs to think about themes, character and plot. This is where life experience helps as well.

I'm not saying she can't do it, just that it's harder for her than describing rain for the zillionth time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8