Ruby Granger #45 "Um" -- Ruby Granger, 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has been gifted more tickets to the Opera and is trying to sound like she knows everything about Opera now.

Ruby only attends Opera when she has been gifted things.

They really need to stop the whole influencer culture.

Reactions: 24
She has been gifted more tickets to the Opera and is trying to sound like she knows everything about Opera now.

Ruby only attends Opera when she has been gifted things.

They really need to stop the whole influencer culture.
"OIY YEAST TYEU HATE THE OPERA. AND THAN THEY STARTED PAYING ME. NOW OIY LOFF IT!"

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I can only imagine how ridiculous those two looked filming Ruby going up and down stairs, walking to her seat etc. I would have loved a ROH person to tell them loudly to grow the duck up or go home.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hot take but the stalls are some of the worse seating in the ROH.

Acoustics are way off there (or at least they were for Madame Butterfly). You're best off in the lower or middle circle (though we were up in the nosebleed seats for swan lake and the acoustics were great up there, bring a small pair of binoculars though).

It's a shame she says she doesn't like comic opera, because I know for a fact the Oxford Gilbert and Sullivan society puts on some smashing productions. Their Pirates of Penzance was great this year.

For all she talks about loving that sort of music (opera, classical, whatever "highbrow" thing you like), we never see her taking advantage of that in Oxford. There's always something on, and the St John the Evangelist Church down on Iffley Road is always busy with it. It's very hard to take her "love" of Opera seriously when she doesn't engage in it outside of sponsored trips, but then sure I don't need to tell you lot that.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It's a shame she says she doesn't like comic opera, because I know for a fact the Oxford Gilbert and Sullivan society puts on some smashing productions. Their Pirates of Penzance was great this year.
Just wanted to second this. 100% as good as professional productions imo!

Reactions: 6
Just wanted to second this. 100% as good as professional productions imo!
In terms of the vocal talent, absolutely (big up the lead Soprano in Pirates of Penzance most recently, whom I believe is finally taking everyone's advice and pursuing a place at a conservatory). In my humble opinion, G&S is best done by amateurs (love the ENO, but amateur G&S will always have my heart) because it really suits being slightly naff.
---
Ruby's gifted seat was worth between £183 and £210, depending on where exactly in the stalls she sat...
While technically yes, she is also able to get such a seat on the young ROH programme, which would price the tickets for £30. That's the only reason I've ever sat in the stalls. Though, interestingly enough, the ROH isn't using her to advertise that scheme.

Reactions: 6
Hot take but the stalls are some of the worse seating in the ROH.

Acoustics are way off there (or at least they were for Madame Butterfly). You're best off in the lower or middle circle (though we were up in the nosebleed seats for swan lake and the acoustics were great up there, bring a small pair of binoculars though).

For all she talks about loving that sort of music (opera, classical, whatever "highbrow" thing you like), we never see her taking advantage of that in Oxford. There's always something on, and the St John the Evangelist Church down on Iffley Road is always busy with it. It's very hard to take her "love" of Opera seriously when she doesn't engage in it outside of sponsored trips, but then sure I don't need to tell you lot that.
Her every interest is a performance so she has no time left to appreciate an actual performance. She doesn't like the opera or the ballet, she loves the idea of being someone who likes the opera and ballet. If I had her disposable income/family money, my butt print would be carved into the ROH seats. Pisses me off that these opportunities are handed out to spoiled brats like her when there are so many young people who would die for the opportunity. I don't even know if she has advertising value, her audience is very young. How many of them will see her at the opera and pressure their parents to go?

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I was playing Stardew Valley and the mayor, Lewis, needed Ruby. :ROFLMAO: You can't even play a simple game without Ruby in it!

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 20.59.22.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Her every interest is a performance so she has no time left to appreciate an actual performance. She doesn't like the opera or the ballet, she loves the idea of being someone who likes the opera and ballet. If I had her disposable income/family money, my butt print would be carved into the ROH seats. Pisses me off that these opportunities are handed out to spoiled brats like her when there are so many young people who would die for the opportunity. I don't even know if she has advertising value, her audience is very young. How many of them will see her at the opera and pressure their parents to go?
I also wasn’t sure why the ROH had decided to comp her seats (Row V of the stalls is £162 for the same opera next week) I suppose if they’re trying to get younger people interested she has a lot of followers. It’s a shame she just parroted a load of bollocks having googled ‘pretentious things to say about the opera’ rather than giving helpful information, such as how to get cheaper tickets for young people or cheap tickets available for everyone (standing, restricted view tickets start at £8), or even how welcoming they are there - there’s no dress code and staff are incredibly friendly and helpful etc - or the fact that for all non-English operas there are surtitles so you don’t have to be able to speak the language (something I was worried about on my first visit) which can be seen from almost all the seats - they‘ll tell you before you book if they can’t be seen. She could have given such a wealth of information that might have actually encouraged younger people to visit. Instead we get prancing up stairs and pretentious sh!te that you can barely hear because she filmed it in one of the noisiest parts of the opera house with no microphone.

Reactions: 7
I also wasn’t sure why the ROH had decided to comp her seats (Row V of the stalls is £162 for the same opera next week) I suppose if they’re trying to get younger people interested she has a lot of followers. It’s a shame she just parroted a load of bollocks having googled ‘pretentious things to say about the opera’ rather than giving helpful information, such as how to get cheaper tickets for young people or cheap tickets available for everyone (standing, restricted view tickets start at £8), or even how welcoming they are there - there’s no dress code and staff are incredibly friendly and helpful etc - or the fact that for all non-English operas there are surtitles so you don’t have to be able to speak the language (something I was worried about on my first visit) which can be seen from almost all the seats - they‘ll tell you before you book if they can’t be seen. She could have given such a wealth of information that might have actually encouraged younger people to visit. Instead we get prancing up stairs and pretentious sh!te that you can barely hear because she filmed it in one of the noisiest parts of the opera house with no microphone.
So true. It is a gorgeous venue but she could have shared much more than constant motion sickness triggering shots and The Claw, reciting stuff from the booklet. It was probably the bare minimum of what she needed to tell and she just spiced with a bunch of word salad adjectives. As long as she loves TRAJJUDHEY over comic operas, it's okay.

It must be exhausting to be her, imagine constantly memorising lines just to exist in the role you wrote for yourself.

Reactions: 3
It is bizarre, but Ruby's been caught doing it before many times.

At Exeter she went on quite a few trips that she claimed were "solo" and did everything she could to hide mummy off-screen. Sometime she succeeded, sometime she didn't, sometimes she gave up half-way through and came up with hilariously flimsy excuses why her mummy needed to be there.

There was her "solo" trip to visit archives in Woking, when mummy drove her there and back, seemingly waited outside the building all day for her and they had lunch together. Mummy just happened to have VARRY IMPWORETANT BUSINESS in the area on the exact day of Ruby's appointment. How ludicrously fortuitous!

There was her "solo" holiday to Devon to visit her "friend", where she neglected to mention that the "frand" was her parents' friends' daughter who also attended Exeter, that they were getting the train together and that Ruby's entire family were waiting in Devon. At no point was she "solo". She apparently forgot to tell mummy to keep up the lie, because while Ruby was bragging in Insta stories about her solo trip, her mum was posting family group photos of the same trip with Ruby included.

There was the "solo" camping trip with Blakeney, where it quickly became clear that her parents were parked in eyeshot in their camper van. I seem to recall she did this again, but tried her best to hide that this other camping trip with Blakeney took place in Ruby's back yard.

I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting. She noticed and became incredibly defensive that people were asking why she was spending so much time away from uni with her parents. Rather than either start committing to staying at uni and cutting the umbilical cord, or just own the fact that she doesn't want to not be near mummy, she got on her soap box to lecture everyone about normalising spending 99% of your time with mummy, while lying about being near mummy 99% of the time.

She's a compulsive liar and it doesn't seem to matter how ridiculous or pointless her lies are, she'll still lie endlessly, especially if she thinks there's a chance it might make her seem more impressive or mitigate criticism.

I'm in camp 'Ruby went to Paris alone' but Ruby's cried wolf so many times about solo trips that I totally get people assuming she went with mummy, since doing that and lying about it has always been her default. Her 'back to uni' vlog is packed with so many hilarious lies and embellishments to try to make herself seem smart and her life seem busy-yet-organised (while offering zero details or updates about her degree) that her having lied about going to Paris alone to try to appear independent and adventurous would be the least shocking revelation ever.
I also noticed that quite a few clips in the Paris video were re-used, or badly edited - clearly to hide that, if she *is* alone (which she seems to have been, this time), she was hesitant to leave the hotel and essentially spent all of her time there reading in her room. Being able to physically travel alone doesn't mean she's mentally comfortable with it... and ngl I kinda pity her. Most people her age would be overjoyed to have so much time and money to spend travelling, but Ruby is unable to enjoy any of it. Worse still, she can't even admit to herself that she's not doing well. Her social media is just an effort to keep up appearances, more for her own benefit than her fans.

Reactions: 1
IMG_5757.jpeg
IMG_5758.jpeg

IMG_5759.jpeg

0 brain cells 🤣🤣

Anyone seen this TikTok where she claims she’s never liked talking about the weather (🤣) but discovered yesterday that people use it as small talk?

IMG_5761.jpeg

Also, another comment points out that this week’s Oxford magazine has an article on this very thing. This girl has never had an original thought it her life.

• Haha
Reactions: 1