Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cringed watching her "Preparing for AXEFUD" video.
So much busywork that is utterly useless. She should be properly reading her TAXTS now.

Also, she'll have studied that course syllabus more than the lecturer at this point. They prepare close to the start of term.

Her dream career will surely being a librarian at the Bodleian in AXEFUD.
---
A fan club at AXEFUD developing?

1693059349240.png

1693059366642.png

Reactions: 13
So I know MA programs are different in the UK than the US but is she going to only be doing this for a year? Does she even know what she is going to be doing after?
Yeah just a year (actually less, I think it is 9 rather intense months) I presume she's hoping to apply for a PhD afterwards? Those are 4 years (on average) in the UK. I get the impression she's pretty set on just staying in 'Acadamia' (as she pronounces it 😅) as long as she can.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I'm really curious if she manages to busywork and fake her way through Oxford. I suspect she will because the world isn't a fair place lmao

Reactions: 15
I like how she says ”I wrote a summary of X” when she really means ”I copy/pasted a summary of X from SparkNotes onto my Nyotion.”

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I have never once written a summary of a text I've read for my degree. For my reading for this year, I've got a Google doc with initial thoughts, motifs I notice, the main themes but those are just things to look back on to jog my memory.

I'm currently reading Bleak House in preparation for October and to nobody's surprise, someone carries "a broken candle in a broken candlestick", not a broken candlestick in a broken candlestick holder.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I was just curious as I'm currently do a history Mlitt as I focus on the early modern period like what Ruby will be doing for the course , so I've done some archive work for assignments but not as much as Ruby is making out that she will be doing.

She does speak about the archives as if she will be there all the time and it will fit into the dark academia aesthetic. I can see her thinking that she is going to discover something brand-new in the archives that's not been found before ect.

I do remember going to the archives for the dissertation last year even though all of her sources were already published and she spent more time looking at suffragette letters and going on about how she was amazed a letter was written in a hurry ECG.

I feel as if she might be a bit disappointed as archive work can be very dry and not to mention the paleography (handwriting) can be difficult to transcribe, and sometimes it can take ages and the document isn't even that useful! That is a soul destroying moment!

She might also be disappointed where she is given a digital copy of the document than the real one for the means of conversation. Plus for some reason with how scruffy Ruby is, I would want to keep her away from 16th century documents for their protection !
All of this.

First thing our supervisor said to us was: “Don’t expect to discover any new material in the archive but do expect to piece together new theories about what you’ll find in the archive.”

‘Ol Rubes is in for an awakening.

Reactions: 19
She had another deadline for her agent. How many more is she going to have before the agent finally drops her? It’s been a year and a half with no success, and god only knows how many drafts of how many books the poor long-suffering soul has ploughed through, buoyed up on nothing but Roobee’s follower count and a fuckload of wishful thinking.

Reactions: 24
She seems more invested in spending time writing rather than studying for Oxford. Her timing is bad. She is going to need to give it her all and then some, but she kept giving up study time to writing her stupid book that will certainly get turned down again. She briefly mentioned her appointment with her therapist, but not sure why it would still be remote. There is no need for that. Most therapists would prefer to see you in person. Of course, Ruby can never do anything common, right? At least she is seeing someone, but I wonder how many issues she is dealing with. They will certainly become exasperated once she moves out of home again, has to deal with the public, going to classes/lectures/meeting with professors, eating with others and possibly living with someone else, and on top of that all the studying and seeing her peers know a lot more than she does. She is going to get slapped hard with reality in October.

Reactions: 15
She briefly mentioned her appointment with her therapist, but not sure why it would still be remote. There is no need for that. Most therapists would prefer to see you in person.
During/after covid, therapists realised they can utilise zoom for accessibility for patients with high anxiety or other disabilities that can make it harder/not possible for them to visit in person. It also can be used for people who live further away but want or need to see a specific therapist. I see my therapist via zoom (before covid I was seeing her in person) but since Ruby regularly traverses the globe with no issue I don’t see there being any reason for zoom sessions other than laziness or not wanting travel and waiting time to eat into her pretend productivity time

Reactions: 17
During/after covid, therapists realised they can utilise zoom for accessibility for patients with high anxiety or other disabilities that can make it harder/not possible for them to visit in person. It also can be used for people who live further away but want or need to see a specific therapist. I see my therapist via zoom (before covid I was seeing her in person) but since Ruby regularly traverses the globe with no issue I don’t see there being any reason for zoom sessions other than laziness or not wanting travel and waiting time to eat into her pretend productivity time
Let’s be real, she’s just found someone who will enable her and tell her she’s not the one who needs to work on herself. It’s like her fanbase only she pays them, so it must be legit.

Reactions: 11
She probably sees a therapist remotely because there aren’t many local to where her parents live, and because she was hoping to move to Oxford next year. Tbh I don’t find this too weird in itself; maybe because I know quite a few people who see their therapists remotely! It’s super common in the wake of Covid. It fits in well with travel, busy lives, etc. (Not that Rubert is busy, but she is currently rural.)

Reactions: 13
Yeah just a year (actually less, I think it is 9 rather intense months) I presume she's hoping to apply for a PhD afterwards? Those are 4 years (on average) in the UK. I get the impression she's pretty set on just staying in 'Acadamia' (as she pronounces it 😅) as long as she can.
Oh that's going to be a shitshow bearing in mind funding deadlines for PhD applications tend to fall around end of nov/beginning of dec she needs to get her act tgt to find a supervisor and write a research proposal. Its unlikely she'll apply (successfully) this year.

Reactions: 5
I shouldn't be surprised by her stupidity at this point, but I'm honestly shocked that she's dumb enough to just tell people once again that she's copying and reading summaries/essay extracts when she hasn't even read the book yet.

She couldn't make it more obvious that she has no interest in engaging with the learning process and will be applying her AXATAR cheating repertoire again:

1. Avoid reading the main texts.
  2. Read a SparkNotes summary instead.
  3. Read some short critical essays to find a central argument you'd like to steal from someone else.
  4. Quickly skim-read the text to find quotes that support "your" argument.
  5. Arrange study interrogations before and after every lecture and seminar with Blakeney to pester her for thoughts, ideas and talking points. Ask ChatGPT for thoughts, ideas and talking points.
  6. Send tutor an essay-length email full of leading questions to get them to furnish you with even more ideas.
  7. Slap together a Frankensteined essay from all your stolen materials.
  8. Profit.

She outed herself with this at undergrad, so it's nothing new, but her openly announcing again that she's bleeping around with summaries and essays before even attempting the core reading is mind-boggling, especially with her proudly talking about her newfound reliance on ChatGPT lately. You're not supposed to tell people that you're cheating, Ruby!

Even if you believe her lies and believe she JANUINELY reads the book after, for someone who claims to have such a high intelligence and a huge passion for reading and learning, it's not a good look for her to say that she constantly needs study guides, essays and character breakdowns in place ahead of time for a "foundational grounding" before she can understand and come up with thoughts on a basic text.

Reactions: 29
I shouldn't be surprised by her stupidity at this point, but I'm honestly shocked that she's dumb enough to just tell people once again that she's copying and reading summaries/essay extracts when she hasn't even read the book yet.

She couldn't make it more obvious that she has no interest in engaging with the learning process and will be applying her AXATAR cheating repertoire again:
It was clear in the video that she really was not interested in doing any studying as she looked bored throughout and you could tell that she did not want to read and make notes on the Faerie Queene. I also think that she has come to the realization that she has applied for the wrong masters as she knows that she doesn't have any interest in this time period and instead would have been better off doing the 1830-1914 or the 1900-Present course instead.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.