Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I sometimes think I'd like to be the kind of person who gets coffee while I'm out - but that's not me, it's not who or what I am and what would be the point? To spend money unnecessarily on something I don't want to drink and for what? For an aesthetic? Which, in my case, no one except me would see? Ruby, just be you, if you even know who you are.

Reactions: 12
I donā€™t really understand the whole being a person who goes out for tea and coffee thing. No judgement, but Ruby seems to do that an awful lot already and when she was at AX-tar, she seemed to be studying in coffee shops practically all the time. I donā€™t understand why this is an aspiration of hers or what kind of person she believes doing that would make her? Itā€™s all very confusing.

Reactions: 13
I do exercises like these every now and then to keep myself on track, but Rubyā€™s answers here made me so sadā€¦ she clearly has no direction in life or real passion. A regular personā€™s answers would have direction and intention behind them. You want to choose big things that would seriously improve the trajectory of your life, career, relationships, wellbeing etc and move you toward your big goals.

Buying tea and coffee out has to be the saddest aspiration I have ever heard šŸ˜­
Also, there must be something very wrong with her if going out to get tea or coffee by herself is something she feels the need to work towards. Agoraphobia? A fear of being alone in general? I don't know what it is but it's serious.

Reactions: 15
Also, there must be something very wrong with her if going out to get tea or coffee by herself is something she feels the need to work towards. Agoraphobia? A fear of being alone in general? I don't know what it is but it's serious.
Or social anxiety

Reactions: 7
I donā€™t really understand the whole being a person who goes out for tea and coffee thing. No judgement, but Ruby seems to do that an awful lot already and when she was at AX-tar, she seemed to be studying in coffee shops practically all the time. I donā€™t understand why this is an aspiration of hers or what kind of person she believes doing that would make her? Itā€™s all very confusing.
Maybe her actual goal is to finally become a paying customer at coffeeshops instead of occupying tables for hours on end without buying a single drink or snack, under the guise of 'studying'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
It definitely sounds more like social anxiety to me. If she had agoraphobia she would not have been able to make all the trips she did, whether family went with her, or not, and attending uni would have been far more challenging than it already was for her. This would explain a lot of her choices and behaviour. She is afraid of being judged, scrutinized, looked at, commented on. This can even lead to paranoia. So they avoid the situations. Being in public places, socializing with peers, taking on a job (she went to only a familiar setting, part time, hardly any hours and was exhausted afterwards), being with family who might ask questions that she would take in the wrong way (her holiday with family that gave her a panic attack) Instead we see her always isolating herself or only being with people she is very familiar with; immediate family, Blakeney. That really is it. Someone with Social Anxiety is afraid of how they look, what they might say, how they might feel, how they think others are thinking of them, how they perform in the situation, etc.. If someone looks at you and then talks to the person they are next to, they most likely are just talking about something. But someone with Social Anxiety would see it as they were talking about them, judging them, making fun of them, and in the future, completely avoid the situation.

I remember her saying, years ago, she didn't wear makeup because she wasn't cool and didn't think she had the right to. That is a very twisted mindset. No one told her she wasn't worthy. Only herself. I mean, it is just freaking makeup. I feel like this is an extension of that. She sees people in videos, vlogs, other social media and in person, just ordering a coffee, grabbing a table, sitting down and enjoying themselves, without the need to be performative and film themselves doing it. She doesn't know how to do this. She got caught in her own trap.

Reactions: 27
I think the coffee and tea thing is more about making the most of being in a city and enjoying a nice place. For me it's like allowing yourself to have a treat. I wouldn't do it everyday but I understand her wanting to spend time doing this because it hits different to having a coffee at home.

I found her affirmation "I am a writer" really awkward though. Sure I'm a writer too if you count a couple of posts on tattle, some insta captions, some thoughts in a notes file, and my journal. It doesn't mean that I will cling to that as a job or at least not have some sort of back-up plan. A lot of writers only publish later on in life or have a different job. Bet Ruby is fuming that Jenny Mustard got published before her with probably a 2nd book deal planned. As Ruby gets older she is getting further and further from her goal of being a child prodigy, will she eventually try something else after her masters (teaching and writing could be ok for her) ?

Reactions: 12
What really got me in the planner video was when one of her goals or something (sorry I didnā€™t take a screenshot just remembered when I was scrolling through here) she wrote ā€˜spend more time with family and Blakeneyā€™ which was weird to me! Why not write ā€˜spend more time with family and friendsā€™? Is it because she doesnā€™t have any other friends aside from blakeney? Or is it because sheā€™s infatuated by blakeney? If I was dating someone or obsessed with them I would probably write it like that too.

Reactions: 17
Blakeney must be slightly freaked out by Rubyā€™s obsession with her. To be constantly mentioned in these videos even when sheā€™s not even seen Ruby. I would be.

From a social anxiety standpoint, ordering in coffee shops is a bit of a nightmare for sufferers (I say from experience šŸ„²) because a lot of the time itā€™s so hard to hear the person serving you if the place is busy, especially over the machines, and if youā€™re already a bit nervous about it (which I know is daft and irrational), itā€™s easy to get even more flustered and struggle to place your order properly. I can order anywhere else - like at fast food places or bars - but coffee shops are uniquely stressful in that aspect, itā€™s very odd.

Although Iā€™m horrified to have found one thing I can relate to Ruby with now.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
God, this defensive, lie-filled planner-shilling video is beyond embarrassing.

Starting off a video acting huffy and with a chip on her shoulder is definitely a great look for someone trying to convince people to fork over Ā£18.50+P&P for a pile of tit.

"OIY DYOO YEEESE THIS PLANNAHHH..." Ruby says, passive-aggressively.
(Ruby attempts to prove this by angrily flipping through a whopping two whole pages, then abruptly cuts away to a weird split-second image of some businesspeople standing in a field for some reason:

View attachment 2373406

Then cuts to a different angle of her showing the same pages again.)

She claims she uses her planner daily for 4 years, yet still struggles to find any that have been used consistently outside of advertisements and the same planner pages always crop up again and again.

She's clearly aware that people know she doesn't use it and yet can't be bothered to either fess up or make the lies convincing and thought that committing to filling out a few fake pages in a row ahead of filming this video would sell her bullshit.

I don't know why anyone would buy what she's selling, figuratively or literally. Just endless lies to try to sell naĆÆve children some overpriced trash that Ruby doesn't use herself.

View attachment 2373558

The planner's literally only just launched and already she's telling customers that they'll be late.

And in a truly impressive feat of lazy incompetence, the listing page has the description for last year's planner by mistake, claiming the new one to have a woodland theme and illustrations from someone who's not Ruby.

"The forth annual Academic Planner is here." Perfectionist. Genius. Born for Oxford University.

They've had a whole year to plan for this and she couldn't be bothered to double-check the listing before it went live. Just staggering how she fucks up so much, so often.
She also got the name of the illustrator wrong. Her insta is @annagraytalks not @annatalks !

love proper credit to small artists xoxo

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I really think the "be someone who buys coffee/tea" thing is just something she saw other influencers do and now wants to emulate. Literally everything she does is emulate someone else, mostly fictional children. It's really kinda sad.
I get why a lot of these "yearly goal" pages are set up as "I want to be someone who does xy". Its just this mindset thing to think of yourself as a person who does exercise instead of just writing down "duuh I should exercise more" and I think it can be really helpful. But in Rubys case it's just another incentive to pick fake identities from other people.

Yeah, looks like she removed the description she lazily left in from last year, but the whole thing is still full of errors.

View attachment 2377063

Grade: D-

Must try harder, Rubert.
If I may correct your corrections:
"We are not sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."

oh and:
"However, our usual 3 working day delivery schedule may be affected, taking up to 6." 6 what? days, months, years, centuries? please specify. I know she means days, because earlier in the sentence it says "3 working day", but nonetheless.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yeah, looks like she removed the description she lazily left in from last year, but the whole thing is still full of errors.

View attachment 2377063

Grade: D-

Must try harder, Rubert.
Every sane person would run a text that should be published somewhere at least through a basic built-in spell check just to make sure there are no obvious mistakesšŸ™ˆ

If I may correct your corrections:
"We are not sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."

oh and:
"However, our usual 3 working day delivery schedule may be affected, taking up to 6." 6 what? days, months, years, centuries? please specify. I know she means days, because earlier in the sentence it says "3 working day", but nonetheless.
Good point! It gets even worse!

Although I wouldn't be shocked if Ruby pointed to this accidental loophole when people start complaining that nothing has arrived after 5 weeks.

"ACKSCUSE ME, bot it VARRY CLEARLYS SAZ "OP TYOO 6" and as we awl know, six is a VARRY significant nomba in the Graggorian calendar, and as you may knyow, Profassor Hyoobart Abbenfoffle tals us that whan wee say "six", in ACADAYYMIA, we are jannerally refarrding tyoo the monnths of the yahhr. Bot thankyou fwore your parchase. :) x"

Every sane person would run a text that should be published somewhere at least through a basic built-in spell check just to make sure there are no obvious mistakesšŸ™ˆ
And this is after she's already edited it once to remove a major mistake. BOT SHE STROGGLES WITH PARFACTIONISM!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Iā€™m late with this but did this grown adult woman really print off a load of random ā€œquotesā€ off Tumblr and make a pointless little scrap book with them šŸ’€

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.