Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A bit off topic, but not exactly. Does anyone ever watch Diary of Andrea? She is the Norwegian "friend" that Ruby mentions and has met once irl. Andrea just celebrated her 20th birthday and these were my takeaways from it, in comparison to Ruby.

Andrea is 3 years younger than Ruby, and sometimes that age shows, but overall, she is a lot more mature. She often lives away from home for long periods of time due to schooling and never whines about it. She drives, she paints nicely, has a clean kitchen and home, very neat and tidy, she had a party with about 8 other girls who all looked their age and no one was playing dress up or twirling in fields. She has real friends with a real life. They were dancing to music and acting like normal late teens/early adults, not playing out a scene from Matilda! I also could not help but notice the few sweet gifts she received. Some water paints, which she was thrilled with, being an artist, 2 matching mugs, a pretty plate, and then....a book of A Little Princess. I am pretty sure we know who sent that one. She looked less than thrilled about receiving it, to say the least, and while she showed it, she didn't say anything about it. Especially after her speech about no longer hiding behind being a teenager and time to act like an adult. Sorry, Rubes....not everyone wants to cling to their 8 year old self! I think Andrea wants to embrace her future, not linger in the past, something Ruby could certainly learn a wise lesson from.
Andrea is what Ruby should try to be.

Reactions: 1
View attachment 2327534

Whoops, Ruby wasn't paying attention when Googling "quotes about siblings" and accidentally reveals she didn't actually read the thing she claims she read, for the 42,948,567th time.

I'm also dying at Ruby's weirdly clinical and ambiguous birthday message to her sister; note that Ruby doesn't actually says anything positive about her sister or their relationship anywhere in this post.
Im bleeping cringing.

Reactions: 2
View attachment 2327534

Whoops, Ruby wasn't paying attention when Googling "quotes about siblings" and accidentally reveals she didn't actually read the thing she claims she read, for the 42,948,567th time.

I'm also dying at Ruby's weirdly clinical and ambiguous birthday message to her sister; note that Ruby doesn't actually says anything positive about her sister or their relationship anywhere in this post.
It's kinda messed up because if you look at Martha's page, Martha made a thoughtful post for Ruby's bday. There's also many posts of the two of them together. It's possible that Martha doesn't want to be featured on Ruby's page, but idk I'm getting the impression Ruby doesn't care much for Martha

• Sad
Reactions: 20
IMG_6329.png

Don’t look here, Roomba! Do your work!

IMG_6330.png

Isn’t summer in UK? (I’ve no idea 🤷‍♀️)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
uo5676875797675 - Copy.png

She's quietly edited the post without replying to the person who corrected her. Nothing to see here, she JANUINELY read it, HONNASTLEEE!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
View attachment 2329027

She's quietly edited the post without replying to the person who corrected her. Nothing to see here, she JANUINELY read it, HONNASTLEEE!
Oh no 🤦‍♀️ that is more cringe than if she had just said she was clumsily referring to the playwright rather than the character. Or explained it was a typo and thanks for pointing it out (a lie we all know but anyway). In fact anything but that.

What point in the video does she show A Little Princess as I have watched the video and didn't see it.
It was near the beginning, when she was sitting down, taking some quiet time to reflect on her birthday, she was outside, opening a card and a package from the mail. Obviously from Rubster. Not when she opened her other gifts. This was much earlier in the video.

Reactions: 4
View attachment 2329027

She can't even honour her sister without making it about herself. Then, goes ahead and gets the quote she mostly likely googled, wrong. Can she just express appreciation without showing what a literary superstar she believes herself to be? Marfa has made her some quite lovely gifts and seems to make Roob's special days about Roob. It would be nice if Rumbadoo could reciprocate. And now she's turned the cringe post into an even cringier post by editing it. Aaaaa. So much cringe on what should be just a lovely appreciation of one's sibling.

Reactions: 26
Her birthday message literally doesn't say anything explicitly nice about Martha. Like yes y'all are sisters we knew that already. How about telling us how smart or talented or pretty she is or how lucky you are to have her in your life? No? I guess we don't want Martha to think she is the main character even for a minute right?

Also, idk if you guys remember but for Blakeney's birthday not only did she make a post gushing about how great she is but she also had her followers do it with her "Blakeney appreciation post".

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Ruby Granger #41: Anti-ASMR Ruby
or
I made Lola cosplay a woodpecker cuz I never saw one

Reactions: 2
Ohh what’s the 1984 incident? I seem to have missed it
Ruby posted a quote from 1984 as though it were a cheerful ode to the joys of reading. She missed the point entirely and didn't seem to grasp that 1984 is a satire or that the quote wasn't intended as a positive until many people pointed it out to her. Most people quickly realised she hadn't read the book at all.

004239A8-5BD8-405D-BF64-94653A6904A6.jpeg

She got roasted for it and then made it worse with a moronic follow-up post where she confirmed that she hadn't even read 1984, had just grabbed a random quote from Goodreads, and her getting the very clear meaning of Orwell's writing completely wrong was okay ACKSHUALLY, because the quote could be interpreted many ways.

But she hasn't learned from that experience and keeps doing it time and time again. She'll blatantly just Google "literary quotes about [blank]" and slap them on an Instagram post to appear like her mind is an endless stockpile of memorised passages from books she's read, and every time she screws something up and gives away that she never reads any of what she claims.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
I was on YouTube during my lunch break and this video popped up -- remember when ruby pretended it was October in July :')
Her voice is so high pitched it literally sounds like a child is speaking. Oh and the best quote is 'I was sad thinking there were no gorgeous autumn colours.. even if I know it is AUGUST' .... I cannot

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I was on YouTube during my lunch break and this video popped up -- remember when ruby pretended it was October in July :')
Her voice is so high pitched it literally sounds like a child is speaking. Oh and the best quote is 'I was sad thinking there were no gorgeous autumn colours.. even if I know it is AUGUST' .... I cannot
This video is just peak pretentiousness all over 😂 My fave bit is when she makes a total of less than a full tablespoon of pumpkin almond butter to go with her porridge. Much gourmet, so delicious!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So aesthetic ✨

IMG_2295.jpeg

”But it’s outside,” you say, ”of course things are bound to get a little beat up outdoors!” Nope. Rootabaga Manor is the same indoors.

IMG_2296.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.