Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2330105

She just "painted" over and completely ruined this book...
What did she even tried to achieve here... I can understand being bad at drawing or painting but this thing doesn't make any sense. Just take a piece of paper and make bookmarks instead, at least it won't ruin anything more than the paper!

Reactions: 23
Oh my god her new video.. I cant even see the potential of me being bored enough to find any of these ideas appealing, ever. Just shows how little she does and how absolutly bored she must be just sitting around her parents house for a year.

Of course she begins by claiming how boderline bullied she is because she's an introvert and most ideas of things to do are *shudder* social.
No Ruby, this is strictly not true, I would even bet the first thing people tell you to do when you say youre bored are introvert things like "read a book" or some other crazy stuff. But of course we need you to tell us poor introverts how we can spend our time.
Also nobody ever said introverts dont apprechiate their friends, they just say that about you Ruby.

Special mention to "take a poetry book out in the rain to get it completly soaked and ruined and learn the poem by heart". Wtf.
"When you learn a poem it gives it a new meaning almost because you know it so well that you can really just focus on the meaning of the poem".
a) what kinda sentence is that?
b) shouldnt you have learned, during your degree, to find the meaning of a poem by just you know... Reading and analyzing it?
Also I dont even can imagine how many creatures have made a permanent home in that outdoor-chair-thing.
The whole segment would be borderline concerning anyway, but the fact that she insists to do it in the pouring rain... It adds a whole new other meaning to the meaning of the video.

Also 800 ways of copying texts onto pieces of paper to a) hang them up you wall or b) make a little crappy booklet out of them. Somebody in primary school praised her for her copying skills and she never looked back, right?

The bookcover she painted kills me though, especially since that paint is gonna peel right off once its dried. Also how the hell did she think that would improve the book in any way???

Also love the reference to "in summer" because we cant to anything without mentioning seasons. Exactly none of the boring activities had any connection to summer, but okay. Probably shes mentally still stuck in that school attitude of summer being the season with the most free time, unlike any other working adult whose free-time doesnt depend on the seasons.
Now I'm bored thinking about the video.

Reactions: 26
Surely if bookworms are bored and have free time they read as that's when they would actually get chance to aside from work/life/responsibilities.

Reactions: 29
Ruby posted a quote from 1984 as though it were a cheerful ode to the joys of reading. She missed the point entirely and didn't seem to grasp that 1984 is a satire or that the quote wasn't intended as a positive until many people pointed it out to her. Most people quickly realised she hadn't read the book at all.

View attachment 2329086

She got roasted for it and then made it worse with a moronic follow-up post where she confirmed that she hadn't even read 1984, had just grabbed a random quote from Goodreads, and her getting the very clear meaning of Orwell's writing completely wrong was okay ACKSHUALLY, because the quote could be interpreted many ways.

But she hasn't learned from that experience and keeps doing it time and time again. She'll blatantly just Google "literary quotes about [blank]" and slap them on an Instagram post to appear like her mind is an endless stockpile of memorised passages from books she's read, and every time she screws something up and gives away that she never reads any of what she claims.
Thank you for the recap of the 1984 incident!
That’s just so so embarrassing, especially as a self proclaimed “book YouTuber”.

Reactions: 17
"Bookish Things To Do When You're Bored."

If you're having the weirdest feeling of deja vu, it's probably because Ruby's reached new lows of laziness and has just remade a video she released mere months ago, complete with recycled footage and near-identical shots:

uo567687579779675 - Copy.jpg

uo567687798579779675 - Copy.jpg

This video: "Awl of theseee thingsss are with INTROVARRTS in moind. Beecoz...whan we think of...relaxation--whan we think offff free-toiyme activiteeeeas, they dyo tand tyoo beee social things? And it's josst not as acksaptable tyoooo....desoide tyo dyoo sommthing boiy yoresalf. For lazzsha."

The other video: "Oiy feel loike society - we think of syocial activities as being a koind of ACKSAPTABULL fworm of lashzhah activity whaahr it dossn't matter if yore being prodocktive? Whaahrass as syoon as yore spanding toiyme boiy yoresalf it tarns intyo you being "lyazy"--"misshoozing yore toiyme". Oiy think that's quoyte an intrassting distinctshon. Hosstle colchah koind of convinces oss that it'syokay to spand toiyme doing SYOSHAL things for lashzhah BOHT NOT YOHKYAY tyo dyo things boiy yoresalf."

Ruby gets on her soapbox about things that aren't real and opines yet again that "WE" tend to do things that only Ruby blathers about from her naïve, narrow-minded viewpoint. When Ruby suggests once again that THYOSE BOLLYING SOCIAL PEOPLE GAT AWLL THE BREAKS IN SOCIETEEEA, she again neglects to point out that she - a self-proclaimed introvert - got rich just rotting in her room and has been handed endless money and privilege despite never properly interacting with society or leaving her sheltered bubble.

Like that other video, this is just a pointless, performative list of bizarre nonsense from someone desperately wanting to convince everyone that she's VARRY ENLOIGHTENED, VARRY INTELLACKTUAL, VARRY BOCKISH AND SOCH AN INTROVARRRT. All this video does, though, is give the impression once again that Ruby is incredibly fake and anything but an introvert who thrives in her own company and is comfortable in her own skin.

These aren't introvert activities, these are activities Ruby thinks introverts would do, having no understanding of people or introverts herself. Almost the entire list is comprised of bizarre activities for her to try to impress other people, not entertain herself. I don't believe for a second that Ruby's doing any of this tit for real in her free time. But every time she tosses together a bafflingly stupid list of weird crap to do, she comes across so desperate to not be alone with her own thoughts and with so few things she genuinely enjoys rattling around in her fake personality of cobbled-together interests that she'll do absolutely anything to fill her time with something, no matter how fake and pointless.

Introverts generally know exactly how they want to spend their limited free time already, they're not waiting around for Ruby's latest list of performative rich Tory NEET bullshit.

uo56768779857977956755464675 - Copy.jpg

1. Look up all of your "favourite quotes" (if you're Ruby, this means quotes you just randomly found on Goodreads from books you've never read) from books and print them out to stick on your wall.

2. Dress up like Keira Knightly in "PROIDE AND PRADJUDICE" and walk around your garden pretending you're reading.

3."LAAARNH A NEW POEM." You can't just read and enjoy a poem for yourself, you have to turn it into a VARRY PRODOCKTIVE STODDY SASSHON and memorise it to recite later to convince people you're literate.

uo5676877985797795464675 - Copy.jpg

4. Contract tetanus. Having lockjaw will help you become more of an INTROVARRT, because it'll remove to ability to talk to other human beings, so you can focus on pretending to know how to read.

uo5676877985797795675548064675 - Copy.jpg

5. Reorganise your collection of gifted RAMADEE KYOMBYOOOCHA cans BOCKSHALVES and don't declare the advertised product under any circumstances.

uo567687798579779567554857567064675 - Copy.jpg

6. Compensate for your own lack of writing talent by destroying someone else's book.

7. Watch your YouTube stats steadily decline as all your viewers die of boredom.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I don't know if it's because of summer and that equals more revealing clothing but Ruby does look a lot more sicker than usual. I don't know how she's going to do it at Oxford

Reactions: 7
I just realized there is literal birdshit on the chair where she puts her head. This is a new low, even for her.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
I don't know if it's because of summer and that equals more revealing clothing but Ruby does look a lot more sicker than usual. I don't know how she's going to do it at Oxford
She's had a year of reading poetry and painting book covers and twirling in the garden in her night gown. She's going to struggle to cope will the quick turnaround of course reading and essays, isn't she? If I were her now I'd think, gap year over, now structure my day and do the readings and get used to doing work again.

Reactions: 15
The only 'summery' activity on her list is reading outside (which she also did in the middle of the night and during other seasons).

Reactions: 12
This is how you know she has too much time on her hands. Ruby, read your set texts for your upcoming Masters! Get ahead of the reading while you can!!
As soon as I finished my undergraduate degree I was immediately reading my set texts for my masters degree in Psychology as I had to learn things that I had never studied before: for example I had to learn about Quantitative and Qualitative Research and what the differences were between them, I had to learn how to use a programme called SPSS, I had to learn about typical and atypical development, I had to read up about Thematic Analysis as I had to use this in both my dissertation and one of my modules that I took, I had to learn how to develop research questions and hypotheses and I had to study many theories and models that I had not learned about in my undergraduate degree. In the end it definitely helped that I got ahead in my reading as it gave me a wider breadth of knowledge and it helped me gain more insight as to how the different theories and models worked in practice and in real-life situations.

Reactions: 15
How does she not see that activities like writing out quotes and learning a poem by heart are deeply entrenched coping mechanisms FOR HER SPECIFICALLY because she struggles with the adult world?

Privileged people are so annoying, being introverted isn't a plight and if that's your main societal obstacle then maybe try having empathy for people who are actually persecuted for their identities.

Reactions: 25
This is how you know she has too much time on her hands. Ruby, read your set texts for your upcoming Masters! Get ahead of the reading while you can!!
She’s copy/pasted the Wikipedia entry for The Anatomy of Melancholy into her Nyotion and watched a youtube video on Samuel Pepys’s shorthand, surely this is the pinnacle of scholastic achievement - what more do you want her to do?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Looking at her videos from the past year and it suddenly becomes clear why she's chosen to recycle this video in particular.

Her videos generally get 40-100k views. Over the past 9 months, there's 3 videos that did significantly better:

Her Oxford acceptance announcement. (381k views)
Her work routine. (298k views)
Her 'things to do by yourself as an introvert' video. (217k views)

She can't do the Oxford announcement again and she can't do another work routine since she doesn't work anymore, so she just lazily rehashed the next most popular video.

The concept of 'diminishing returns' is completely lost on her, and she doesn't seem to understand that her most popular videos attracted more viewers because they either:

a. Appeared (at a glance, at least) to offer something new for her or some major life update.
b. Got pushed out to more people by the YouTube algorithm for reasons unknown, so there's no way to replicate the success.

Instead of learn from that and put effort into creating original content, she always just tries to recycle the same videos and expects the same results.

Reactions: 21
As soon as I finished my undergraduate degree I was immediately reading my set texts for my masters degree in Psychology as I had to learn things that I had never studied before: for example I had to learn about Quantitative and Qualitative Research and what the differences were between them, I had to learn how to use a programme called SPSS, I had to learn about typical and atypical development, I had to read up about Thematic Analysis as I had to use this in both my dissertation and one of my modules that I took, I had to learn how to develop research questions and hypotheses and I had to study many theories and models that I had not learned about in my undergraduate degree. In the end it definitely helped that I got ahead in my reading as it gave me a wider breadth of knowledge and it helped me gain more insight as to how the different theories and models worked in practice and in real-life situations.
I think she's in for a rude awakening. I'm doing a distance MA while working (the same subject as my work, which helps a bit) and it is hard. There's just so much to read and I'm constantly aware of how little I know. I don't know how she is going to do it all in a year and the subject matter will be new to her, and possibly not that interesting to her really, given how she seems very drawn to Victorian Literature.

Reactions: 12
Just second into the new video. Who is this "we" she keeps talking about? "when we think of relaxation, when we think of free time activities, they do tend to be social things, and it's just not as acceptable tyo decide to do something by yourself for pleasure..." Again, just twenty seconds into the video, and she talks so much bullshit omg. Rumbster found herself a new shield called "an introvert" and will use it to defend herself against everything. This is, much like so many other things she used until now, part of her "not like other girls" issue.

She really can't let go of it, can she?

Now I'm off to watch the rest of the video, and will come back to read your glorious reviews

:m

Reactions: 16
I think she's in for a rude awakening. I'm doing a distance MA while working (the same subject as my work, which helps a bit) and it is hard. There's just so much to read and I'm constantly aware of how little I know. I don't know how she is going to do it all in a year and the subject matter will be new to her, and possibly not that interesting to her really, given how she seems very drawn to Victorian Literature.
My masters was online as it was during COVID and it was really hard as the lecturers gave you little guidance which meant that you were left to fend for yourself on many occasions. As it was so stressful I nearly quit the course on 2 occasions but I stuck with it and ended up with a pass which I was delighted with.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
you guys were saying marfa might have a drug problem but I kinda think this video shows Roo riding a high? that or she is in a manic episode or something. her usual inaptness explains the crappy bookmarks etc. but that diy-ed book cover is shockingly bad, just beyond imagination. why would any sane person share it? it is the do-you-think-a-depressed-person-can-make-this meme reincarnated and when it first came up, it literally made me gasp and I had to physically cover my gaping mouth. but then I laughed. a lot.

anyways the latest video is incredible. instant classic. 10/10.

Reactions: 8
I feel like she keeps saying "over the summer" because she still associates summer with student holidays. Anyone working outside of education wouldn't necessarily always have leave during the summer for long periods (especially at the beginning of one's career). She obviously has too much time on her hands and doesn't know what to do with herself.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.