Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't understand why Ruby is showing footage of her old planner as Monday the 30th August was in 2021.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
"Pay attention to when you work most productively" Aye, right. So how do I do that when I work 5 days a week and have to schedule in study time around my shifts at work? Urgh.

Reactions: 22
I don't think my boss will give a tit about me not being at my most productive past 1 pm but still, that's a super idea. I'll go and let them know that I'd rather work a 10-1 and still get paid the same salary ✌

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Ruby’s pumpkin bedding is from Asda. That’s why she isn’t too keen to tell people the source.

Courtesy of my own meanderings around the internet looking for interesting bedding - wasn’t expecting to find that, but glad I did.

Reactions: 2
I don't think my boss will give a tit about me not being at my most productive past 1 pm but still, that's a super idea. I'll go and let them know that I'd rather work a 10-1 and still get paid the same salary ✌
Brilliant idea! I'll make sure to ask my boss next time I speak to her. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
"Pay attention to when you work most productively" Aye, right. So how do I do that when I work 5 days a week and have to schedule in study time around my shifts at work? Urgh.
"We awl have days whahhr wahhrk gats in the way of waahrk, bot it's impwortant tyooo remambah tyooo awhlwheys wahhrk while you're waahrking at waahrk, than whan yoo finish waahrk, you can dyoo mwoar waaarking on yore waahkr after waaarhk bafwore waaahrk."

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’ve got a feeling Ruby won’t end up going to Oxford. Maybe pull out at the last minute and give some strange excuse.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I’ve got a feeling Ruby won’t end up going to Oxford. Maybe pull out at the last minute and give some strange excuse.
I can absolutely see her pulling another Theology to English style stunt.

Reactions: 15
I think she will definitely go. When you start at Oxford, you “matriculate” - this means becoming a member of the university. Once you’re a member, you stay a member even after you finish the degree. I don’t think she would pass that up for anything.

ETA - you also have to wear academic dress for matriculation.

Reactions: 21
She'll definitively go, but I'm fully expecting her to drop out when she gets her first couple of rounds of grades back and it becomes apparent that she's woefully out of her depth.

At undergrad she was completely fixated on getting Firsts and was visibly upset when she either didn't get one or even just got a low First, despite barely doing any of her own work for it. She only just scraped low Firsts for most modules/essays, and that's with Exeter's extremely lax grade inflation and Blakeney propping her up. Held to a higher standard in terms of quality of work and independent thought at Masters level and less forgivable grading policies and there's no real chance of her getting the Distinction she wants and thinks she's entitled to.

Her ego's too big to be happy with just a passing grade (if she even manages that), so I think she'll drop out before she fails to spin it as a power move to save face, rather than have to share regular updates of her barely treading water or failing entirely. She doesn't have the natural intelligence to excel, nor does she have any genuine interest in the subject to push her to improve. She'll try her usual shortcuts and they won't work. So we'll get a video with her pulling a VARRY SERIOSS face in the thumbnail in which she says she's decided that academia is too harmful and stifling and we need to learn on our own terms.

She'll remind everyone that she was accepted to her dream university and is therefore good enough for the best school ever, but her love of LAAAARNING is just too vast to be contained by their restrictive curriculum. It's not her, it's them. Then she'll rot in her room parroting the same ignorant, incorrect nonsense she has for the past decade.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
I think Ruby knows she's out of her depth, hence the u-turn videos on grading/the purpose of learning. She's cunningly paved the way to avoid sharing her marks if she's sullied with anything other than a distinction. "Januinaly, I'm here to larn, hence why I'm not sharring my grades!"

Reactions: 23
Watched the new video and… for someone who’s headed to Oxford, and who thinks she is the brightest witch twalve yarr old young woman of her time, and constantly talks about how well-read she is, that is some spectacular example of how not to use the word “tentative” in a sentence. Does she have any idea what words mean?

• Haha
There is no way she doesn't go to Oxford. This is something she says she's dreamt about since she was 12 and she's waited her whole undergraduate degree for the opportunity to try again. She's not going to want to give up on it and I think even if she finds it really challenging mentally and academically, I don't think she'll want to portray herself as someone who couldn't hack it. It would go against the whole image she's built of herself and she would regard it as demeaning if people thought she incapable of handling Oxford.

So all in all, I'd be very, very surprised if she dropped out. Do I think she'll get a distinction? I'd be surprised, but even so, it's a chance for her to bring out another "grades are stopping us from learning" style video. She can talk about how grades don't define her as a person and are a negative thing and doesn't determine her intelligence levels. It's quite a clever way out.

Reactions: 33
I could see her sticking with Oxford, especially as her identity has been focused on it. She is focused on the aesthetic and being honest, it is going to be a source of content for her. She is going to have university vlogs, and lots of back-to-school videos as she is doing now etc., but she might use her master's at Oxford to be a source of authority.

She has not been coy with Oxford, unlike her job etc. If she leaves Oxford, it would be rather humiliating for her, especially as she has branded herself on the perfect student image.

I think that will struggle with Oxford as a masters is very different from than undergraduate degree, especially with the workload and the quality of work that is to be produced. This is from my own experience and I was only getting low firsts at most at undergraduate, compared to Ruby who did get high firsts but she did get help from Blakeney and her other methods.

Besides her disadvantage with the subject, Ruby just seems so much more focused on her writing than her coursework. She really likes the aesthetics of Oxford and the study aesthetics, and the busy work.

I'm not sure how it would work, but I think that she would get a master's regardless of the grades unless it was a fail. However, if she dropped out, she would be making videos about how she enjoys learning for fun and that formal education is restricting akin to what she had done once her dissertation was submitted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Besides her disadvantage with the subject, Ruby just seems so much more focused on her writing than her coursework.
I think she's been desperate for a book deal to magically land in her lap as an escape so she won't have to face failing at postgrad or dealing with the real world.

It'd be the perfect 'Get Out of Oxford Free' card for her, but she clearly has no concept of reality if she's expecting it to happen for her at all, let alone in the hilarious timescales she keeps expecting every time she puts it on her "SOMMAR BOCKAT LIST".

Reactions: 6
I think she's been desperate for a book deal to magically land in her lap as an escape so she won't have to face failing at postgrad or dealing with the real world.

It'd be the perfect 'Get Out of Oxford Free' card for her, but she clearly has no concept of reality if she's expecting it to happen for her at all, let alone in the hilarious timescales she keeps expecting every time she puts it on her "SOMMAR BOCKAT LIST".
I have been wondering if that has been her plan, to be honest, and so she can become a 'writer.' This is has been apparent to me as there has been so much focus on writing and that the identity she wishes to obtain is a 'writer,' rather than an Oxford student etc. Plus it would give her the excuse to stay at home and continue writing away and taking her constant holidays that she needs for 'inspiration.'

If she stays in Oxford, it will allow her to be inspired by enough for a dark academia book as she has the imagination of a bowl of porridge, and is unable to write something unless it is something that has happened to her, plagiarised, or she happens to be somewhere e.g. she has to be in the cold to write about winter in a sense of wonder or that she was inspired to change a part of her book as she is was in Florence than anywhere else.

How many books is she writing now? She seems to be in a constant stage of planning and writing outlines for things but she has to send drafts for her agent apparently.

Reactions: 8
Who is even entertained/ motivated by her videos at this point?? I swear people watch her like she's a distressed tiger in a zoo doing laps in its enclosure where you're watching like "this is tragic you shouldn't be living this way" it's so depressing. I feel like if you want actually motivating content you go to Eve Bennett, and Eve Cornwell (even tho she seems to have given up YouTube and can be a bit cringe) bc at least they did something with their studying and grades

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.