Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God, I have never seen such redundant busy work before in my life.

What is the point of copying the list of readings off the course booklet, running it through chatgpt to slightly alter the format, then pasting it onto norton? It didn't need to take an hour and a half, it literally could have taken 10 seconds by just clinking the 'save as' button on the pdf

This is just her, again, plaguerising somebody else's work and pretending she did it all herself to make her look so clever and smart. The very definition of a waste of time. She copied the entire coursebooklet, right down to the printing and referencing page.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
God, I have never seen such redundant busy work before in my life.

What is the point of copying the list of readings off the course booklet, running it through chatgpt to slightly alter the format, then pasting it onto norton? It didn't need to take an hour and a half, it literally could have taken 10 seconds by just clinking the 'save as' button on the pdf

This is just her, again, plaguerising somebody else's work and pretending she did it all herself to make her look so clever and smart. The very definition of a waste of time. She copied the entire coursebooklet, right down to the printing and referencing page.
The kind of thing you would do if you had unlimited free time during the day and nothing else to be getting on with. Killing time.

Reactions: 13
She is doing all the prep for Oxford except the actual prep she needs to do aka academic reading.. she is like me when I know I have to draft a boring report so I decided to deep clean my whole house and reorganise the closet instead lol
also why did she buy an official Apple Pencil? there's non apple ones on amazon that work fine for £25

Reactions: 24
Also, why would you want to write a grocery shopping list 5-6 weeks before you move in? That would be sooo far down my priority list if I had to get ready to start uni again!
Looks like rich, privileged people glamorizing everyday chores to me and Remindes me of the video were Kris and Kyle Kardashian went shopping like normal people and made a whole event out of it.

Reactions: 14
If i had any conviction her "preparation" were anything else but a playact to create lame video content I would say she's shitting her pants about going to Oxford and desperatly trying to control SOMETHING like stocking up her pantry with couscous.

Reactions: 10
I’ve looked at her course specifications and her Nyotion list for pre-reading is not even half of all the ”essential reading” listed. Then there’s also ”recommended” and ”further” reading, but duck all that I guess. In her tiny little mind, you read one book per week max, and maybe a couple of academic articles, and then you just bluff your way through a seminar with a little help from SparkNotes.

Also she’s saying she plans to do all her pre-reading in September, but she’s also bleeping off to Scotland again next week, so who knows if she’ll ever get around to any of it.

Reactions: 20
someone please stop her at the border, i can’t handle being bombarded with tiktoks of her prancing around edinburgh acting like we’re stuck in the 1800s and mispronouncing everything again

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I’ve looked at her course specifications and her Nyotion list for pre-reading is not even half of all the ”essential reading” listed. Then there’s also ”recommended” and ”further” reading, but f*ck all that I guess. In her tiny little mind, you read one book per week max, and maybe a couple of academic articles, and then you just bluff your way through a seminar with a little help from SparkNotes.
This just makes it more obvious that she does not have an interest in this course because if she did she would have done all of her pre-reading by now. If she thinks that SparkNotes is going to help her with the course then she is in for a rough ride IMO.

Reactions: 11
someone please stop her at the border, i can’t handle being bombarded with tiktoks of her prancing around edinburgh acting like we’re stuck in the 1800s and mispronouncing everything again
Scotland is such a meaningful place for her though, after all it was after Blakeney visited Scotland that Roobee was first introduced to the novel concept of seasoning her porridge with *gasp* salt!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I see in the video comments somebody received the planner but it arrived in a damaged state and I have also noticed that when the planners have been shown on videos a number of them look damaged and don't look new at all. Here is the comment that was posted on Ruby's latest video.
Hi Ruby ! I have received the planner (i had to pay more money than i thought to get it to France but that is another story and obviously no fault of yours or the company you work with) and unfortunately it arrived really damaged because the last page was built in as the first but folded to sit as the end page anyway - so of course it is now in a really bad state. It also led to damage to the spine of the planner (which now looks very fragile to me, I do not think I will be able to carry it around). I went to all the shops that help with these kinds of things in my area and none of them have the equipment to fix it. I hope this review can be seen so that hopefully this does not happen to someone else ! I hope they can check for that sort of mistakes.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
God I’d love a documentary of her wandering around the rough parts of Glasgow. She’d faint if she came here. Not least because she’d get called out on her bullshit if she started it in public.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
God I’d love a documentary of her wandering around the rough parts of Glasgow. She’d faint if she came here. Not least because she’d get called out on her bullshit if she started it in public.
Patiently awaiting a Maryhill big Tesco vlog 💀

• Haha
What her to-do list should look like:

- Learn hygiene
- Learn the basic mechanics of the English language
- Study and catch up like mad for the Master's degree

What her to-do list actually looks like:

- Go on sPonTanEouS trips with her one and only "friend"
- Rip off recipes from the ChatGPT
- Pack the schoolbag 5 times, double check just to make sure each time
---
I wonder if we are going to see a return of the 14 hour study days because she seems to think she can get through this by sheer will of force alone lol.

Reactions: 21
I’ve looked at her course specifications and her Nyotion list for pre-reading is not even half of all the ”essential reading” listed. Then there’s also ”recommended” and ”further” reading, but duck all that I guess. In her tiny little mind, you read one book per week max, and maybe a couple of academic articles, and then you just bluff your way through a seminar with a little help from SparkNotes.

Also she’s saying she plans to do all her pre-reading in September, but she’s also bleeping off to Scotland again next week, so who knows if she’ll ever get around to any of it.
It's more AHSTATICK do to some pretend reading in Scotland though!
Looking forward to all the shots of her "reading" something on her IPad in the most random and uncomfortable places and her And-then-I-diding her way halfway through the reading list in one week.

Reactions: 6
I see in the video comments somebody received the planner but it arrived in a damaged state and I have also noticed that when the planners have been shown on videos a number of them look damaged and don't look new at all. Here is the comment that was posted on Ruby's latest video.
Hi Ruby ! I have received the planner (i had to pay more money than i thought to get it to France but that is another story and obviously no fault of yours or the company you work with) and unfortunately it arrived really damaged because the last page was built in as the first but folded to sit as the end page anyway - so of course it is now in a really bad state. It also led to damage to the spine of the planner (which now looks very fragile to me, I do not think I will be able to carry it around). I went to all the shops that help with these kinds of things in my area and none of them have the equipment to fix it. I hope this review can be seen so that hopefully this does not happen to someone else ! I hope they can check for that sort of mistakes.
Countdown to the "That's very unusual! Email me at [email protected] and I will JANUINELY look into this. :) x" reply that she sends every time the exact same issues happen every year starts now...

• Haha
Reactions: 16
How far into her degree do you think she will realize the extra e at the end of Faerie Queene? She has made that mistake more than twice so far which surely means it's not a typo. And dying at her writing "did girls read this?" as one of the key questions of the text lmao. So académique, much smart.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Oh yeah I love Emmie!! I've been watching her for two years now. Do you have any other recommendations?.
Unfortunately, I do not. It's hard to find genuine booktubers lately. I suspect because a lot of YouTubers (including Ruby) realized you can make a lot of money through sponsored content, so a lot of their videos are sponsored, and then the ones that aren't are still somewhat treated like sponsored videos because you have to put on a persona for sponsors to want to continue to work with you. I miss the days before you could get rich on YouTube. The content used to be genuine.
---

Remember, at Exeter she had the revelation that you don't actually have to do all your course readings and the suggested readings to pass the class. Of course, now she won't have Blakeney's notes to rely on, so I'm just gonna wait until she posts another video bashing the grader for not giving her a high enough score on her essay. Maybe then she'll realize in an English degree you have to actually study English texts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.