Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who is even entertained/ motivated by her videos at this point?? I swear people watch her like she's a distressed tiger in a zoo doing laps in its enclosure where you're watching like "this is tragic you shouldn't be living this way" it's so depressing. I feel like if you want actually motivating content you go to Eve Bennett, and Eve Cornwell (even tho she seems to have given up YouTube and can be a bit cringe) bc at least they did something with their studying and grades
Not at all. In fact I believe she will be the last of the "studytuders" and the whole idea will just be a passing fad that is already close to dying out. The whole work all the time, study all the time, be productive, make a thousand lists, check things off, be a perfectionist, get high grades, read a certain amount of books in a limited time mindset is incredibly toxic and anyone who even remotely emulates her is ruining their own lives. She is not a role model. She is not perfect, nor is she beautiful, nor is she "aesthetic". Those labels do not belong to her and this fake persona is something she is now stuck in. No wonder she doesn't grow or have any idea who she is. She never takes the time, real downtime, to spend with herself. No tech devices, no posting, no pictures, no videos, no connections, no scrolling. Just a solid few months of being yourself and doing your own thing without trying to turn it into a show. You can't run properly when you are holding up a camera showing yourself running. You are not taking a day for reading or appreciating your natural surroundings when you are pacing back and forth, in front of the camera you set up, then stop to take it down, check it, do it again. omg Even all these trips she has taken this past year. It is ridiculous. She is doing it for content only. She has run out of ideas. You don't retain anything from a vacation to a foreign country or special place when you replace it with another country 3 weeks later. She never has the time to reflect on it, process was she has seen or done, or grow from any of these trips. It will always be a whirlwind in her head, and she seems to have a lot of those. Honestly, I don't get any of what she has done over the past few years, but especially this year. Nothing at all worthy to prepare her for Oxford or some kind of career beyond her education. She is a train wreck.

Reactions: 13
Who is even entertained/ motivated by her videos at this point?? I swear people watch her like she's a distressed tiger in a zoo doing laps in its enclosure where you're watching like "this is tragic you shouldn't be living this way" it's so depressing. I feel like if you want actually motivating content you go to Eve Bennett, and Eve Cornwell (even tho she seems to have given up YouTube and can be a bit cringe) bc at least they did something with their studying and grades
Eve Bennett officially announced that she's moving on from YouTube. Eve Cornwell said she was taking a summer break, but I think she no longer has interesting content to film because she mainly hosts meetings and check-ins for work because she doesn't know anything about tech.

Reactions: 5
image (11).jpg

Hell has frozen over. Ruby wore a complete outfit that I like, that looks like something an adult might wear and that actually suits her.

Of course, it's still Ruby, so naturally she had to buy tartan clothes just to wear in Scotland.

And this TikTok offers the assurance that this second round of Scotland content will be just like the last: You won't be able to hear a single word because she couldn't be bothered to invest in proper equipment and the wind drowns everything out.

Reactions: 27
Ruby’s pumpkin bedding is from Asda. That’s why she isn’t too keen to tell people the source.

Courtesy of my own meanderings around the internet looking for interesting bedding - wasn’t expecting to find that, but glad I did.
Asda have some lovely autumn stuff in 🍂 🍁

Reactions: 2
I got The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society DVD from my local library the other day andfinally had the time to watch it tonight. OMG I LOVED it! Such a great film. Have any of you seen it/ read the book? It was just what I needed after a day at work, lots of uni stuff and being stuck on a train for an hour and a half, two stops awy from home, because of a technical problem. I'm also really sore because I did yoga again after a 4-year break. I can feel every muscle in my body, even muscles I didn't know I had. :ROFLMAO: So nice to just chill out on the sofa with a good film for a change! So that's my film recommendation for the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I got The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society DVD from my local library the other day andfinally had the time to watch it tonight. OMG I LOVED it! Such a great film. Have any of you seen it/ read the book? It was just what I needed after a day at work, lots of uni stuff and being stuck on a train for an hour and a half, two stops awy from home, because of a technical problem. I'm also really sore because I did yoga again after a 4-year break. I can feel every muscle in my body, even muscles I didn't know I had. :ROFLMAO: So nice to just chill out on the sofa with a good film for a change! So that's my film recommendation for the day.
I haven't seen nor read it but thank you for the recommendation! I'll definitely add it to my list :)

Reactions: 1
can’t wait for Ruby to go to Oxford and realise how normal everyone is there and how Oxford students don’t spend all day writing to do lists and doing busy work for the dark macadamia aesthetic but instead study tactically, meet people and actually get involved in university life

Reactions: 25
can’t wait for Ruby to go to Oxford and realise how normal everyone is there and how Oxford students don’t spend all day writing to do lists and doing busy work for the dark macadamia aesthetic but instead study tactically, meet people and actually get involved in university life
If she didn't learn that in Exeter I don't think Oxford will be any different, but one can hope for a miracle...

Reactions: 27
And this TikTok offers the assurance that this second round of Scotland content will be just like the last: You won't be able to hear a single word because she couldn't be bothered to invest in proper equipment and the wind drowns everything out.
and just like the last round of content she can’t be arsed to do a simple google search for the pronunciation of extremely well known scottish words. LOCH shiel, not “lock.” she’s such a moron.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
and just like the last round of content she can’t be arsed to do a simple google search for the pronunciation of extremely well known scottish words. LOCH shiel, not “lock.” she’s such a moron.
"Ackshually, oiy was tawlking about lock shields because thahhr whaar manny locks on doors shielding the houses from intryooders in this BEYOOOOTIFUL place, syo thahhrfwore oiy am varry moch corrackt."

• Haha
Reactions: 18
New thread:

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.