Ruby Granger #23 Her workload‘s pure spuddle, let’s all twirl in a puddle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think her parents are reminding her of this very thing as we speak during her weekly getaway to her mouldy childhood bedroom.
And as if on cue, she posts pics of her desk at AXE-tah in her insta stories 😂 I wonder if she takes a few during the week to strategically post on the weekends to make everyone think she’s not at home being babied by Mother Granger and Daddy Bones? (I’m sorry, I need to sneak in every opportunity I can to use their full names 😅)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
And as if on cue, she posts pics of her desk at AXE-tah in her insta stories 😂 I wonder if she takes a few during the week to strategically post on the weekends to make everyone think she’s not at home being babied by Mother Granger and Daddy Bones? (I’m sorry, I need to sneak in every opportunity I can to use their full names 😅)
😂

I mean, there's no way she's spent a whole two weeks away from home, especially with all the criticism bullying she's endured this week.

Considering how often she fakes the dates in her vlogs, I wouldn't put it past her to have scribbled a couple of future dates on spare schedule pads and snapped a couple of pictures while at uni to upload them from home to "prove" she's still in Exeter.

Reactions: 10
Blakeney isn't going to hold her hand through 10,000 words of Victorian letter-writing etiquette bullshit. She's on her own, and she rarely does well when relying on her own brain for thoughts and ideas. It'll be a disaster, so it's no surprise she's been floundering so much with her dissertation.
You can tell that her dissertation planning isn't going well, as she's not bragging about it in videos like she does with her essays. She is probably struggling to tie down a specific title, and what won't be helping is her misplaced focus on social history. I'd be fascinated to know who her supervisor is, but we can guarantee that they won't be as enthusiastic about the historical angle as Ruby is, which will again hurt her ability to actually do her own work.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I wonder if she takes a few during the week to strategically post on the weekends to make everyone think she’s not at home being babied by Mother Granger and Daddy Bones? (I’m sorry, I need to sneak in every opportunity I can to use their full names 😅)
'Daddy Bones' will always make my mind go straight to this:

1643544029722.png

• Haha
It does make me wonder how she would have coped at Oxford, where 1-2 essays per week is standard practice. Not saying that this is particularly sustainable for anyone, but apart from your thesis and special options paper there's basically no time to spend ages redrafting etc. Also you have to defend your essay ideas in weekly tutorials.

Reactions: 23
She's previously posted IG stories with the time sticker on them, which makes it glaringly obvious that she's saving up photos to post at later times. One story of Exeter's campus was posted at around 3pm but the time sticker said 8:36am. Why delay the post so much if you're legitimately in that location?

Watch her now never post a story with the time sticker ever again. 😅

Reactions: 9
You can tell that her dissertation planning isn't going well, as she's not bragging about it in videos like she does with her essays. She is probably struggling to tie down a specific title, and what won't be helping is her misplaced focus on social history. I'd be fascinated to know who her supervisor is, but we can guarantee that they won't be as enthusiastic about the historical angle as Ruby is, which will again hurt her ability to actually do her own work.
There's a lecturer at Exeter who has published some work on epistolary writing:

This lecturer doesn't appear to tutor any of Ruby’s modules so I can't see this being her supervisor, but Ruby has been reading up on their work before:

Screenshot_20220130-121108_YouTube.jpg

(The notes on the right are from the lecturer's own publication, "The Sense of a Letter: Brilliana Harley's Advice Manuscript".)

And, funnily enough, Ruby’s shown off that she's researching Cicero in "today's" Insta story, who that lecturer appears to have written their own dissertation on...

Ruby’s gonna rip off as much as she can from this Dr. Harris and harrass the tit out of them with probing emails fishing for dissertation ideas.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
It does make me wonder how she would have coped at Oxford, where 1-2 essays per week is standard practice. Not saying that this is particularly sustainable for anyone, but apart from your thesis and special options paper there's basically no time to spend ages redrafting etc. Also you have to defend your essay ideas in weekly tutorials.
Plus you do not have your tutor endlessly feeding you his/her ideas pre-tutorial

There's a lecturer at Exeter who has published some work on epistolary writing:

Ruby’s gonna rip off as much as she can from this Dr. Harris and harrass the tit out of them with probing emails fishing for dissertation ideas.

Excellent detective work. Added to which Dr Harris, I see, is interested in literature being used for "intergenerational" exchanges. Which is perfect. Dr Harris is an adult and Rooby (claims she) is not.

It would be an absolute disaster for any older person, if Rooby decides to curry favour with her professor by going into a care home to read to them.

Ruby: "Hello old person, it's Rooby! You make me feel even younger than I really I am. And that's saying something! Today I'm going to read to
you my ASSAY "Erimentha Parker goes to the regatta and then writes some letters to thank all her friends at CCHQ. "

resident: What's she saying? My hearing aid must've gone again, I can't make out a word...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Yeah if it was going well and she was making progress I bet she'd never shut up about it. Instead we haven't heard anything in months

Reactions: 9
Hi long time lurker here and abit off topic.
I was thinking, perhaps I have misunderstood Ruby all along and Ruby is a genius like Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd, who was himself inspired by children's books. For example, Wind in the Willows and Alice in Wonderland?

Reactions: 1
Has someone seen her latest insta post? It's a photo dump from this week and it says "I had a tea date with my friend Vicky" and then shows a pic of Blakeney. Idk if it's either autocorrect or if she's trying to pass Blakeney as several different people, but if my friend of mine wrote a completely different name to mine I would be very confused.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Has someone seen her latest insta post? It's a photo dump from this week and it says "I had a tea date with my friend Vicky" and then shows a pic of Blakeney. Idk if it's either autocorrect or if she's trying to pass Blakeney as several different people, but if my friend of mine wrote a completely different name to mine I would be very confused.
Literally dead at this

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I think she hasn't shown Vicky, and Blakeney was one of the two brunches she went out for?

Either way, my main concern is that tailcoat and the people in the comments telling her to buy it. 😩

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I think she hasn't shown Vicky, and Blakeney was one of the two brunches she went out for?

Either way, my main concern is that tailcoat and the people in the comments telling her to buy it. 😩
She looks like Pavarotti

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Maybe she intended to photoshop a beard or something on Blakeney and claim it was another friend, but forgot.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Well glad she had so much time for (tea) dates with Blakeney, multiple brunches, multiple visits to Waterstones, and tailcoat-shopping during the week of Holocaust Memorial Day. Clearly she did not let her Very Hard Work on her Very Good Holocaust Remembrance Notion Page deter her from having a blast. (Curious how Holocaust Memorial Day is not even mentioned in that post even though she claimed earlier to be extremely invested in it!)

Also if anyone here is from Iraq, Ruby wants you to recommend Iraqi tea blends to her. According to her Insta story, she wants to drink teas from Iraq and Thailand. I guess this is part of her trying to be less Eurocentric??

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Well glad she had so much time for (tea) dates with Blakeney, multiple brunches, multiple visits to Waterstones, and tailcoat-shopping during the week of Holocaust Memorial Day. Clearly she did not let her Very Hard Work on her Very Good Holocaust Remembrance Notion Page deter her from having a blast. (Curious how Holocaust Memorial Day is not even mentioned in that post even though she claimed earlier to be extremely invested in it!)

Also if anyone here is from Iraq, Ruby wants you to recommend Iraqi tea blends to her. According to her Insta story, she wants to drink teas from Iraq and Thailand. I guess this is part of her trying to be less Eurocentric??
I find it ironic that she's British and asking for tea recs. It's also such a cheap, easy way to raise engagement and try to create positive comments after the Holocaust charity thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
rhubarb and custard is in her decolonisation era 😍watch out for Said’s Orientalism to rock up on her good reads (probs with only one star cos there aren’t any adventures in a Victorian workshop)

Also not to be cynical but can she not just google teas from other countries it’s really not that deep

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I was catching up on everything that happened past few days (a two-week-long break from the internet was way too long, and I missed a lot), and what can I say. What a wild ride this month was! 😂😂
Good lord. Just wow.
From the unaddressed planner fiasco, lawsuit-waiting-to-happen Google form, to being straight up insensitive, tasteless and offensive while role-playing an expert on the history and impacts of the Holocaust. If you paid me to f*ck things up professionally, I would not manage to f*ck up as much as she did this month. And it's only January. I'm DREADING to see what the rest of the year holds for us.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.