Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CatCafe234

VIP Member
participation score?? what a joke! my uni gave us marks solely based on essays--the one true marker of academic performance (for english at least). no wonder ruby picked exeter, their grading system seems to suit her perfectly. she wouldn't have gotten any extra points for contribution at oxford!! i kind of wish that she had gotten in so that we could have watched her go there and be faced with her own academic mediocrity
The whole participation score thing seems hideous, and weighted towards extroverts and people who like the sound of their own voice. I can just imagine a seminar full of people making random comments, as loudly as possible, just so other people can’t get a word in. In the real world you don’t tend to get praise for just turning up, it’s your outputs that matter and it seems bizarre that a uni is grading adults on whether they join in or not.

Edited to add: it really does seem juvenile to me. Does it go along with a score for ‘sharing nicely‘, one for ‘cutting out’ and another for ‘colouring in the lines’?

• Heart
Reactions: 28

ariawyn

There’s a girl in her comments telling her how inspiring she is and asking her for weight loss advice...I don’t even have the words.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 28

qwikti

Chatty Member
I wonder if introducing her to a new aesthetic that encourages getting plenty of nutritional food could help her. She's so into living her life by 'aesthetics', sub-cultures and imitating fictional girls that it could genuinely work.

I'm going to need all of you to start posting under my new hash-tags - Say-No-To Anemia, the healthy spin to dark academia, and HotPot-tage Core, cottage core's nutritional Eastern cousin, where regular consumption of fuel is romanticised!

No, but seriously. I hope she can find new sources of inspiration that actually push her to take care of herself. Of course 'recovery' is so much more than that, but it can still help, especially since, as I said, pursuing 'ideals' she finds in fiction or online is a common trait of the Rubster.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Nah that’s damage control, she’s unfollowed Ruby on insta and all. I think they’ve fallen out but she doesnt want the smoke so is downplaying it.
Yeah, seems like Molly's realised that dealing with Ruby's weaponised fans isn't worth the stress.

Molly's clearly very conscious of people posting triggering things online and will know ED-baiting tactics when she sees them. There's zero chance she hasn't noticed what Ruby's doing.

And it'd also be the world's biggest coincidence that Ruby got unfollowed on Insta just as Molly made a post encouraging people to unfollow people online and in real life if they were posting triggering things.

That and Molly changed the video title to that specifically. Booktubers don't talk about "productivity," and (unless I'm mistaken, as I don't watch many "productivity" vloggers) studytubers don't do the Ruby thing of making reading a target-based productivity exercise. Only Ruby's out there framing reading (or pretending to read) lots of books as "productive." It's obvious who that was aimed at.

I can understand Molly not wanting the drama. Ruby's fans seem unbearable. But that comment is incredibly disappointing as Molly is now openly endorsing Ruby's content and lifestyle, which is the opposite of the ideals she's usually encouraging.

View attachment 656824
Whoever commented pikelets, I see you!!!

View attachment 656949
Also congrats Ruby, what a positive influence you’re having…
"don't hate the playa hate the grange" 😂 Genius! There's too many great thread titles kicking around now.

Last edited:

myra1409

Chatty Member
There’s a girl in her comments telling her how inspiring she is and asking her for weight loss advice...I don’t even have the words.
I saw a comment in which someone told her she's matured and really grown into a woman in recent months... No words.

• Sick
  • Sad

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Long time reader of ruby threads but this is my first post sorry if I screw up formatting! Noticed this comment and reply from molly RE the title of her most recent video. Seems like maybe molly is trying to discreetly cut ties or perhaps hasn’t been transparent with blakeney about unfollowing Ruby and is trying to salvage that original friendship? pity how Ruby’s stories today are also just more blatant body checks sharing more bloody miss patina clothing 🙄
Nah that’s damage control, she’s unfollowed Ruby on insta and all. I think they’ve fallen out but she doesnt want the smoke so is downplaying it.

• Heart

Ottilie

VIP Member
Apart of me cant help but think that Ruby knows exactly what she is doing in regards to all of the triggering content she is putting out. So many people have called her out on it and at no point has she attempted to actually confront the situation on her YouTube channel. She has just been writing silly little messages on Instagram.

Perhaps she loves the attention, maybe that is why she keeps doing it. She probably loves the fact that we are all talking about her.

It is very strange behaviour. I know denial is a big aspect of Eating disorders but most people are secretive about it and they go out of their way to hide it which makes me think she is doing this just to get attention.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Ok firstly I think Ruby and I have used very different tents lmao

View attachment 646276
It feels like doing Duke of Edinburgh would have been really valuable to her. Actually dead that she thinks this is ‘camping’ 💀
Ruby Granger's Guide to Productive Victorian Cottagecore Camping:

Step 1: Unpack your chandelier*.
Step 2: Ensure you have as many open flames inside the flammable tent as possible.
Step 3: 💀 RIP, campers.

*Or "chan-delly-ay" to Ruby, probably.

• Haha

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Yikes...her face looks tired and she just looks incredibly ill.

Her month ranking system, whatever you wanna call it is so annoying. She does something like that every year. Whenever a new month or season comes around she always has to tell everyone that "ITs hEr VeRy FavOurITE SeAsON/MoNth". It's so annoying.
We know she's still stuck in the mindset of being at primary school, so I wouldn't be shocked if she hates July because it's been engrained in her as the month schools break up for six week's holiday.

"Oh such torment that fate has brought me! The blinding sun only reminds me of the summer prison I have been cast into - like a scorching desert, barren of education and bereft of house points. Lucky I have my teachers' phone numbers memorised! They may have me permanently diverted to voicemail, but the sound of their voice messages will be like an oasis in these academically arid summer weeks." She probably had a countdown calendar to the first day of school like it were Christmas.

Regular adults usually just gauge the months by when birthdays, Halloween and Christmas falls. January sucks because it's dark, cold, and there's the post-Christmas blues, paying off Christmas bills and going back to work (if you were lucky enough to get time off) - Ruby will obviously have no concept of things like bills and work. And otherwise all the seasonal months blend together.

She's an utter clown.

• Haha
  • Heart

tuneyloon

This has probably been mentioned before but it drives me nuts, Ruby uses "in lieu of" as if it means "because of". Like... "in lieu of it being anti-bullying week, I thought I'd share etc etc". Probably meaning to say "in view of"? Anyway, I'm gonna sign her up for a french class.

Lesson 1: How to pronounce Poirot

• Haha
  • Heart

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Untitledr1.jpg

And back to the tiny portions. Why include a picture of a tiny slice of toast with almost nothing spread on it in a post about how much you liked a children's book (shocker)? Even with the recent backlash, she's completely incapable of just not posting about food for even a day.

• Sick

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
That's exactly the thing!

She claims she's wanted to go to Oxford since the age of ten. Before the age where you would really know exactly what university entails and what it's for.

She heard somewhere that it's the most prestigious, and that all the smartest people go there. And that's it. I highly doubt she looked at their course syllabus and decided that would be the right course for her.

She just made up this fantasy in her head for the day when she would be able to tell all her old teachers (and rub it in to her classmates' faces). The day she would stand by watching her mum call all her aunties and uncles and grandparents saying "guess what? She got in!!!"

I think that right there is the moment she dreamed of, not the actual going to lectures and learning stuff.

Maybe she had a romantisised montage in her head of herself as Hermione Granger working extra extra hard with a feather quill in a dusty library, and being validated for how smart she is how much harder than anyone else she works and being the best in her class.

She put her hopes on a daydream that she'd feel good and validated some day, but then when she got rejected, it shattered that fantasy so hard.
It is a bit pathetic that she can't let go of the fantasy she had when she was 10 when she dreamed about going to Oxford. Or rather that she can't seem to translate her childhood dream into a realistic objective or a project to pursue in her adulthood, take off her rose-tinted glasses and embrace the mundane or non-aesthetic parts of it. Like there are people who dream of becoming doctors or astronauts when they're children and then they grow up and do just that. But usually it's because over the years the dream has grown with them, they have realised they are actually very good at what it entails, they're passionate about it, they make realistic plans on how to achieve it, et cetera. They don't just stick to the expectations they had as children and believe that it's all going to be just like that.

View attachment 649520

Look at this Wendy Darling bedroom bullshit right here.

You're a 21-year-old woman, for god's sake.
Imagine inviting a partner or a date to stay the night (as many 21 year old university students do) and opening your bedroom door to reveal this lmao

• Haha

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Bit in bold: I once got a 90 on an essay. Utter fluke, though very welcome, and I obviously never managed anything close to it again, but you know, I didn't aim to.

It's probably a good thing Ruby hasn't hit those 80+ marks for an essay, because that would be her new personal benchmark going forward. Not saying you shouldn't strive to do well, but if you're doing excellent work (and her grades are excellent), there's really no need to push yourself to be exceptional instead.

The whole video was actually pretty depressing. She can't handle constructive criticism at all.
If she's getting consistent 75s even though she's borderline illiterate and her study techniques are insanely inefficient, I imagine she'd be getting the same marks or higher with a fraction of the effort if she just listened to feedback and worked efficiently.

I don't think she's ever come close to realising that busywork does not equal productivity. She fills her day with lots of activity that provides her with the illusion of being productive, but it's mostly redundant lists, notes, checklists and reminders that serve no value other than to fill time.

Naturally, it's not her fault if she gets a lower grade for misusing her time or ignoring instruction. It's the tutor's fault for not translating her sloppy work into the work of genius it was in her deluded mind.

I did English at Exeter and if I recall correctly the participation score was only a thing for second year modules (might have changed now)

Everyone hated it and it made the smugly clever and talkative seminar group members even more insufferable lol. My friends and I only ever got 60s/70s max when attending regularly and contributing - I dread to think what kind of participation would elicit an 85.
She'll just follow tutors home and loudly read textbooks aloud through their letterbox until they agree to give her the full mark to get her to leave.

So a 100% is solely reserved for God?
Of course. Why do you think Ruby expected a 100?

• Haha

howaboutnot

Well she knows better than the professors duhh. She certainly won't like their feedback and I can't wait for that. She's wasting so much time doing it over the summer without consulting it more thoroughly with her supervisor first.
Who's to say she's not found out where her supervisor lives and isn't already bombarding them with wax-sealed letters, emails, and links to her Notion boards?

• Haha

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I love this book but yeah I'm not surprised she isn't enjoying it, though not very graphic it isn't suited to her Victorian sensibilities but she did enjoy call me by your name which is way more graphic (need I mention the peach scene). I would pay money to see how she pronounces some of the names, I had to google some and I love greek mythology
I doubt very much she actually read CMBYN though. She skimmed it, at most.

I mean, this is her classic review of it:

"Aciman's writing is rich and quiscent. Past, present and future intercept in Call Me By Your Name, and I love that this book is etched with memories which are immediate and distant at the same time. Just like Elio and Oliver's relationship which is both carnal and abstract.

One of the best final few pages of any novel I've read."

It's not only word vomit nonsense, it could apply to almost any book. She read the back cover and spouted vague nonsense to jump in on the popularity train of people who enjoyed it at the time.

• Haha