Ruby Granger #12 The Continuing Adventures of Pie-rott and Muriel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apart of me cant help but think that Ruby knows exactly what she is doing in regards to all of the triggering content she is putting out. So many people have called her out on it and at no point has she attempted to actually confront the situation on her YouTube channel. She has just been writing silly little messages on Instagram.

Perhaps she loves the attention, maybe that is why she keeps doing it. She probably loves the fact that we are all talking about her.

It is very strange behaviour. I know denial is a big aspect of Eating disorders but most people are secretive about it and they go out of their way to hide it which makes me think she is doing this just to get attention.
She without a doubt knows what she's doing, but she likes the gratification of most of her fans fawning over her as she wastes away to nothing and knows they'll dogpile on anyone who dare speak critically of her.

I hope she gets help, but at this point she should be well aware that help is available to her and she's actively choosing to ignore it. If she wants to do that, that's unfortunate, but entirely her choice. But to then openly put that dangerous lifestyle on display for impressionable kids and people dealing with EDs is inexcusable.

All sympathy I have for her went out the window when she got called out for her toxic behaviour by viewers and people she knows personally who've suffered from eating disorders and her response has been to say "Sorry you're offended. Now please stop being negative in my comments" and then just continue posting more intentionally triggering content than ever.

Molly ditching her should have been a wake-up call, but she clearly doesn’t give a crap about anyone that's not Ruby.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Molly ditching her should have been a wake-up call, but she clearly doesn’t give a crap about anyone that's not Ruby.
I think she may wake up when her most favourite human aka Blakeney ditches her - and it's high time she did cause Ruby is insufferable to be around.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
STOP. POSTING. TRIGGERING. FOOD. PICS.
The irony is, that's her food Instgram which she set up exclusively to talk about food, yet she shows food more often on all her other channels and accounts than she does there.

Nobody should be following her meal examples, those are ridiculously small and unhealthy portions (and look disgusting.) You know how in prison movies there's always a scene when the new inmate gets their food from the cafeteria and it's super depressing, just like, one slice of bread and a small carton of milk? That's what those pictures remind me of.

But why the hell is her main Insta and her YouTube also 65% food content when she has a dedicated platform for that? There's zero reason or excuse for it.

Even her Pumpkin Productivity Insta has food all over it, often featured more prominently than the product she's trying to sell.

Her entire brand is productivity, what the hell does food have to do with that? She's basically drawing a connecting line between small portions and productivity and saying to kids "If you want to be productive like me, you'll eat these tiny meals." She needs to remove herself from the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
What can we honestly do though? So many people have been writing to her concerned and she has done nothing to change her behaviour. Yes, we can support and encourage her. However we can't give her the professional help she needs. That is what her family and doctors are for. I don't know how her parents haven't noticed what we are seeing.
Nothing we can do it’s not up to us, as you say, it’s up to the family and health professionals to support her. Hence why it’s so inappropriate that she’s doing this cry for help through her social media :/

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The irony is, that's her food Instgram which she set up exclusively to talk about food, yet she shows food more often on all her other channels and accounts than she does there.

Nobody should be following her meal examples, those are ridiculously small and unhealthy portions (and look disgusting.) You know how in prison movies there's always a scene when the new inmate gets their food from the cafeteria and it's super depressing, just like, one slice of bread and a small carton of milk? That's what those pictures remind me of.

But why the hell is her main Insta and her YouTube also 65% food content when she has a dedicated platform for that? There's zero reason or excuse for it.

Even her Pumpkin Productivity Insta has food all over it, often featured more prominently than the product she's trying to sell.

Her entire brand is productivity, what the hell does food have to do with that? She's basically drawing a connecting line between small portions and productivity and saying to kids "If you want to be productive like me, you'll eat these tiny meals." She needs to remove herself from the internet.
Jesus Christ she's obsessed about it. It's literally so weird. Like a normal person would not plaster pictures of food all over social media, especially if they have an account dedicated to that, and especially if their account is about something else like the Pumpkin Productivity account. I know people take pictures of food all the time but a) it's usually for their stories and not for their permanent feed, and b) they usually do that when they eat out or they make something particularly aesthetically pleasing, not the random pieces of toast they had for breakfast or the boring lunch they had because their fridge was practically empty.

Reactions: 17
Apart of me cant help but think that Ruby knows exactly what she is doing in regards to all of the triggering content she is putting out. So many people have called her out on it and at no point has she attempted to actually confront the situation on her YouTube channel. She has just been writing silly little messages on Instagram.

Perhaps she loves the attention, maybe that is why she keeps doing it. She probably loves the fact that we are all talking about her.

It is very strange behaviour. I know denial is a big aspect of Eating disorders but most people are secretive about it and they go out of their way to hide it which makes me think she is doing this just to get attention.
I wonder if social media has changed the nature of EDs slightly - it’s entirely possible to be very secretive about your ED with your family and irl, but to have a very public ED presence online where it’s not at all secretive and it’s almost celebrated. I do think there’s an attention element of it with with Ruby, where she is getting something from the concern expressed online and also something from the people defending her, but I’m not entirely sure she’s really in control of what she’s doing anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ruby Granger #13: obsessed with a dark macademia aesthetic, but this delusional bunny is just pathetic

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I wonder if social media has changed the nature of EDs slightly - it’s entirely possible to be very secretive about your ED with your family and irl, but to have a very public ED presence online where it’s not at all secretive and it’s almost celebrated. I do think there’s an attention element of it with with Ruby, where she is getting something from the concern expressed online and also something from the people defending her, but I’m not entirely sure she’s really in control of what she’s doing anymore.
TW: EDs/mention of pro-ana etc
When I was first struggling with my ED I did this- I had multiple tumblr accounts all dedicated to my eating disorder, which would have posts like “you deserve to eat! Everyone deserves to eat!” Followed immediately by “I’m such a fat pig, I’m going to fast for a month, I’m worthless.” While obviously that was a dedicated/mainly pro ana area of tumblr, it was very similar to Ruby’s Instagram (minus her full on posting meanspo to herself). My family and friends had no idea at all, despite me often looking at it in front of them/in the same room, and even now my mum often suggests I didn’t have a “real” eating disorder. The internet makes/made me feel much less alone when I was struggling but was also so toxic and became an echo chamber, I’m pretty sure Ruby has got into a similar one now, but instead of just full on searching “weight loss motivation” and discovering thinspo, she’s found it through some toxic mix of dark academia, obsessive productivity, and other aesthetics. What really scares me is I know how much all those things appeal to me and have been part of my life for a long time 😅 I love reading and watching dark academia books/films because I love how they critique academia, but every time I do I go in knowing it will undoubtedly trigger me and obsessive productivity and perfectionism is something I still can’t stop falling prey to, but all still often trigger my ED, thanks to the focus on food/lack of food a lot of people have in those communities.
(sorry for such a long post!!!!)

i have always thought that the dark academia ~aesthetic~ as it has been misunderstood by teens on the internet almost promotes disordered eating. impressionable young people read books like the secret history, fail to read beyond the surface or think critically, and decide to model their own behaviour on the characters'. as a result, they romanticise things like substance abuse--so many dark academia themed posts revolve around drinking unhealthy quantities of black coffee, smoking, drinking etc. i think dark academia reiterates the "starving artist" trope in the way that it portrays lone geniuses who become so wrapped up in their studies that they neglect to eat, and rely on stimulants. devoting yourself to an aesthetic--which is nothing more than a nebulous, unattainable image--is immature and stupid, and hopefully ruby will realise quickly that life is so, so much better when you have friends, and allow yourself to go out and have fun

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Hopefully ruby will realise quickly that life is so, so much better when you have friends, and allow yourself to go out and have fun
I always got the impression that she views spending time with friends as a waste of time when she could be doing something "productive" instead. I can imagine if she went for a night out she would feel like she had "wasted" the entire evening.

You could show her a secret door to a magical adventure and she would close it and say "nah I have things to tick off my to-do list, maybe another time, you guys go ahead without me".

Reactions: 19
Will she ever get bored of posting window shots 😭 or videos of her extinguishing a candle 🙄

Ruby isn't stupid. She knows exactly what she's doing. Her reaction video has loads of comments asking if she's okay and she's ignored all them.

I think she's a humongous attention seeker. If she didn't like the speculation, she would have addressed it in a more mature fashion.

The fact she's happy to loose a friend over it tells you everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Ruby isn't stupid. She knows exactly what she's doing. Her reaction video has loads of comments asking if she's okay and she's ignored all them.

I think she's a humongous attention seeker. If she didn't like the speculation, she would have addressed it in a more mature fashion.

The fact she's happy to loose a friend over it tells you everything.
This. I mean I kind of hate to call her an attention seeker when it’s likely she does have an eating issue and probably couldn’t stop without outside help now even if she wanted to, but she’s also milking it at every opportunity. She wants everyone to worry about her, and I cringe every time someone here points out how she looks, because she’s eating it up. Every comment about the way she looks is validation, be it positive or negative.

I’ve just about tipped over to hoping she really hits rock bottom and bears the full consequences. Maybe that’ll finally stop the damaging bodychecking and ”food” posts. At this point, I don’t think there’s another way to get through her thick skull.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
She won't do anything because it's earning her money. I'm sorry if that sounds awful but if you cared so much about your audience, this is not the way you'd behave.

I feel like ruby's true colours are showing and the perfect image she's clinging on to is falling.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She won't do anything because it's earning her money. I'm sorry if that sounds awful but if you cared so much about your audience, this is not the way you'd behave.

I feel like ruby's true colours are showing and the perfect image she's clinging on to is falling.
Yep she’s only doing all this because it brings in £££

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.