Ruby Granger #10 house is an eyesore, dresses like torycore, 30+ routines, how many more?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An alamac? Does she mean almanac? Her sentences don't even make any sense! Yes, her writing is very flowery. Number 1 rule is to drop the excessive use of adjectives and get to the point. "His descriptions of paintings are like paintings in themselves." Say what, Girl? I feel like she didn't really understand the majority of themes in this novel! lmao

Reactions: 15
Hmm, looks like she’s cut her stay short. She posted on May 30th that she was back in Exeter ”for the next month”. Two weeks isn’t a month by any stretch of the imagination. What gives?
Part of me hopes that her parents have told her to come home because they’re worried, but I suspect more that Ruby herself is worried about the Delta variant and has gone back home. Or perhaps Blakeney is going home/away for a while and Ruby doesn’t want to be there alone. I’d like to think she’s getting some help, but I doubt it.

Reactions: 7
I can’t. I looked up Huysmans’ Against Nature, and I’ll be taking your wagers on whether the protagonist is actually named ”Des Essentiales” as Roobee claims

Reactions: 13
Or maybe she’s just decided to go home so she can carry on the childish rubbish! Or that their tenancy runs out in June?

Reactions: 11
I can’t. I looked up Huysmans’ Against Nature, and I’ll be taking your wagers on whether the protagonist is actually named ”Des Essentiales” as Roobee claims
Jesus fucking Christ.
Ruby, I beg you. Use Grammarly or turn on Google's spell check or just check the spelling on Google because you really need it. You get a lot of words wrong and it's embarrassing.
How do you get a character's name so wrong after reading a book about them? Did she actually read it or did she just skim it?

And please learn of the existance of other languages beside English. I promise they're not gonna hurt you

Reactions: 17
LMAO, I've read that novel for my literature class a few years ago and idk what is up with this review but it seems that she utterly misunderstood the book cause it seems rather surface-level. It's a difficult book to read, with loads of neologisms and learned/rare vocabulary, so I guess that's why she was drawn to it... At this point it feels like she just misspells words on purpose... Did she even read the book if she can't even get the main character's name right? It's Des Esseintes Ruby, not Des Essentiales, which you'd know if you'd actually read the novel

Reactions: 10
Sure he is. Des, sort for Desmond, and then Essentiales, pronounced Essen-shuls. Can’t see a problem here.

Reactions: 12
Sure he is. Des, sort for Desmond, and then Essentiales, pronounced Essen-shuls. Can’t see a problem here.
I think I've seen Des Essentials at his stall down the local market. He's got some great deals on all the necessities as long as you don't mind stuff that's fallen off the back of a truck and has no warranty.

Reactions: 26
I’d be willing to accept that Des Essentiales was autocorrect if it weren’t for the fact that that’s not how Esseintes would correct (at least not on my phone). Does she never proofread anything? I know this is just my anxiety talking, but I proofread literally everything I write about 5 times before it goes anywhere. She must have a lot of followers on Goodreads, does she not care how she must come across? It’s honestly beyond belief for me that she can have that many stupid mistakes in two paragraphs.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.