Rosie Chappel

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like Rosie - her style, and her content... but I’m often left wondering...How does she afford her life?

She’s training to be a midwife so no income there. I doubt she makes much from social media.. and yet she lives in a beautiful, large home in the countryside in the South based on her accent and the places she goes. She is always buying new clothes from Zara (at £50 a pop for a dress)... is she from a wealthy family? Was her ex husband loaded? I don’t get it!
I remember she spoke about getting benefits on twitter, so I don't think she has much in the way of cashflow. Hopefully she is rinsing her dopey ex for every penny. No idea how the rent gets paid.

Reactions: 1
I like Rosie - her style, and her content... but I’m often left wondering...How does she afford her life?

She’s training to be a midwife so no income there. I doubt she makes much from social media.. and yet she lives in a beautiful, large home in the countryside in the South based on her accent and the places she goes. She is always buying new clothes from Zara (at £50 a pop for a dress)... is she from a wealthy family? Was her ex husband loaded? I don’t get it!
I believe she gets student loans - I think she mentioned it once on her insta.

Love Rosie. I did message her once to say not to get rid of CWR blog as I loved her recipes and countryside hotel recommendation.

I believe she gets student loans - I think she mentioned it once on her insta.

Love Rosie. I did message her once to say not to get rid of CWR blog as I loved her recipes and countryside hotel recommendation.
I've messaged her quite a number of times over the years in response to instasrories she has posted and never had a response 🙄

I've messaged her quite a number of times over the years in response to instasrories she has posted and never had a response 🙄
Same and never got a response. Maybe CWR just gives her bad memories now, but I still love her recipes and countryside recommendation.

I still look at her recipes for inspiration, although there seems to be some weird virus on CwR now? I actually think she is an excellent writer and would very nosily like to hear more of her thoughts about her divorce. I got from the heartbreak post on her new blog that it wasn't a mutual split.

Reactions: 3
I really like Rosie but how does she maintain a rotating door of new dresses on a student midwife salary.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
does anyone know why her and her husband broke up?
She hasnt given details but did talk about being heartbroken / not wanting to leave it behind. If I had to guess her ex didn't like her having her own career outside of the home - she was basically a house wife their entire relationship - this combined with his bankruptcy - standard midlife crisis rubbish from a crappy man. Wouldn't surprise me if he has shacked up with a younger woman with less commitments who can pander to him. But I could be projecting as a child of divorce :p

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Her financial situation confuses me. Surely even if she has student midwife bursaries etc, it wouldn’t fund her lifestyle? That house is a lovely period cottage in the countryside, in the south of England. She is always buying new clothes like @AfroCircus mentioned. Her family must have money, it’s the only explanation. Sorry I’ll stop banging on about this now. I’m totally jealous of her financial freedom - I’d love to retrain but financially not an option for me. And I can never afford new dresses either 😂

Her financial situation confuses me. Surely even if she has student midwife bursaries etc, it wouldn’t fund her lifestyle? That house is a lovely period cottage in the countryside, in the south of England. She is always buying new clothes like @AfroCircus mentioned. Her family must have money, it’s the only explanation. Sorry I’ll stop banging on about this now. I’m totally jealous of her financial freedom - I’d love to retrain but financially not an option for me. And I can never afford new dresses either 😂
She has just got 2 kittens too! I absolutely LOVE Rosie and she has totally re-engined my passion to pursue my life long dream of midwifery but I think she is painting a very unrealistic picture of what my life would be like if I was in a similar position in terms of finances 🤣

She has just got 2 kittens too! I absolutely LOVE Rosie and she has totally re-engined my passion to pursue my life long dream of midwifery but I think she is painting a very unrealistic picture of what my life would be like if I was in a similar position in terms of finances 🤣
omg those kittens :love:

I don't think she has a wealthy family. Did anyone notice she said on Father's Day that she 'doesn't have a Dad'?

I don't think she has a wealthy family. Did anyone notice she said on Father's Day that she 'doesn't have a Dad'?
I don’t know whether she’s ever said much about her dad - she has a step dad she’s quite close to though, doesn’t she?

She definitely seems to have a circle of wealthy friends so I am guessing there is family money from somewhere, she interacts often with taniajoyfjane who seems to have a fair bit of spare cash and then they're both friends with freya dowdson (not an instagrammer as such but a photographer with a big following) again she seems to live quite a financially carefree lifestyle. Either way I commend rosie for chasing her dream with two young children. But agree with other posters it does represent an unrealistic view of what most people would experience retraining on bursaries and loans with 2 small children.

Reactions: 3
She definitely seems to have a circle of wealthy friends so I am guessing there is family money from somewhere, she interacts often with taniajoyfjane who seems to have a fair bit of spare cash and then they're both friends with freya dowdson (not an instagrammer as such but a photographer with a big following) again she seems to live quite a financially carefree lifestyle. Either way I commend rosie for chasing her dream with two young children. But agree with other posters it does represent an unrealistic view of what most people would experience retraining on bursaries and loans with 2 small children.
Eurgh I can't stand tania. The epitome of white privilege.

I'm still not convinced there is family money. I think she's just very selective about what she shows, plus I got the impression her landlord took pity on them. I remember she was geared up to move and then suddenly didn't and said it was thanks to owner who she will be forever grateful too. Which I can understand given her ex walked out on them, two little kids.

Reactions: 5
Eurgh I can't stand tania. The epitome of white privilege.

I'm still not convinced there is family money. I think she's just very selective about what she shows, plus I got the impression her landlord took pity on them. I remember she was geared up to move and then suddenly didn't and said it was thanks to owner who she will be forever grateful too. Which I can understand given her ex walked out on them, two little kids.
agree about Tania, I find her so smug and irritating, does she have a thread here? I remember once ages ago watching a "whats in my fridge" type video, for someone who goes on and on about the environment it was just FULL of plastic. Does she have a thread here?

Tania is the epitome of white privilege, its possible she is just very selective about her friends. I just find it an odd grouping and wonder how they met because they seem to be a threesome who have been friends for quite a long time and I question how rosie if she wasn't hanging out in those circles met them as freya couldn't really be an instagram friend as such as she is a photographer and her account is her photographs with some personal stuff on stories

Tania is the epitome of white privilege, its possible she is just very selective about her friends. I just find it an odd grouping and wonder how they met because they seem to be a threesome who have been friends for quite a long time and I question how rosie if she wasn't hanging out in those circles met them as freya couldn't really be an instagram friend as such as she is a photographer and her account is her photographs with some personal stuff on stories
did they maybe go to uni together? Tania is another one of the myriad influencers who (somehow) has made a career from social media yet seems to often criticize it, takes time offline etc. it really annoys me, especially as her smug posts are exactly the kind of thing that are damaging for other people about social media

They met through blogging, I'm pretty sure. Tania doesn't talk about it but her start was working as an assistant to the decidedly unvegan Rosie Londoner.

Tania only recently became a 'health coach' aka paid for a qualification online.

They met through blogging, I'm pretty sure. Tania doesn't talk about it but her start was working as an assistant to the decidedly unvegan Rosie Londoner.

Tania only recently became a 'health coach' aka paid for a qualification online.
oh yeah I had totally forgotten that! I wonder how well her "health coaching" business is going , I cannot imagine anyone except her fans would be paying for any services like that