Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rosie878

VIP Member
She just posted that amongst many things she contacted a Domestic Abuse charity when she became a single parent........
I was really surprised by that. She’s never really hinted at anything like that before. If her ex was made bankrupt perhaps it’s to do with that - coercive control or keeping things from her.

she also mentioned a few days ago that her younger sister is recovering from cancer. Sounds like the whole family have had a shocking time of it,

• Sad
Reactions: 7

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
She definitely seems to have a circle of wealthy friends so I am guessing there is family money from somewhere, she interacts often with taniajoyfjane who seems to have a fair bit of spare cash and then they're both friends with freya dowdson (not an instagrammer as such but a photographer with a big following) again she seems to live quite a financially carefree lifestyle. Either way I commend rosie for chasing her dream with two young children. But agree with other posters it does represent an unrealistic view of what most people would experience retraining on bursaries and loans with 2 small children.
Eurgh I can't stand tania. The epitome of white privilege.

I'm still not convinced there is family money. I think she's just very selective about what she shows, plus I got the impression her landlord took pity on them. I remember she was geared up to move and then suddenly didn't and said it was thanks to owner who she will be forever grateful too. Which I can understand given her ex walked out on them, two little kids.

Reactions: 5

HashtagRealTalk

Can someone start a thread for her mate Tania. If I have to see one more story of a super privileged woman sitting in a period house in Bristol which she lives in for free whilst selling her London apartment, talking about how her baby can do manifestation I'm going to scream.
Lurker joining in the party here! Decided I quite like Rosie Chappel and even more so after her latest postings, as whilst she clearly is middle class and isn’t financially compromised she does seem an approachable individual and her content is pretty varied (and not just an endless spew about what her kids are up to...) BUT I cannot stand her mate Tania Gault or whatever her name is....her wierd accent, her wafting around in vegan-ness, her my-baby-is-more-wholesome-than-any-baby-ever endless drivel and her obvious wallowing around in wealth. Get her on a thread!

Reactions: 5

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
Just found out her ex was on a list of deliberate tax defaulters. He must have been hiding it from her. What a knob.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
I still look at her recipes for inspiration, although there seems to be some weird virus on CwR now? I actually think she is an excellent writer and would very nosily like to hear more of her thoughts about her divorce. I got from the heartbreak post on her new blog that it wasn't a mutual split.

Reactions: 3

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
Can someone start a thread for her mate Tania. If I have to see one more story of a super privileged woman sitting in a period house in Bristol which she lives in for free whilst selling her London apartment, talking about how her baby can do manifestation I'm going to scream.

• Haha

kenbarlow

VIP Member
She just posted that amongst many things she contacted a Domestic Abuse charity when she became a single parent........

• Sad

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
They met through blogging, I'm pretty sure. Tania doesn't talk about it but her start was working as an assistant to the decidedly unvegan Rosie Londoner.

Tania only recently became a 'health coach' aka paid for a qualification online.
Given that her family live in Uppark House, a national trust property, I doubt she actually needs the money. She has led a life of continuing privilege but puts her health down to living ~holistically~. Can't stand her.

• Wow

Outtheforest

She definitely seems to have a circle of wealthy friends so I am guessing there is family money from somewhere, she interacts often with taniajoyfjane who seems to have a fair bit of spare cash and then they're both friends with freya dowdson (not an instagrammer as such but a photographer with a big following) again she seems to live quite a financially carefree lifestyle. Either way I commend rosie for chasing her dream with two young children. But agree with other posters it does represent an unrealistic view of what most people would experience retraining on bursaries and loans with 2 small children.

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
OMG! No way! I had no idea! 😱I knew things were hard for them but I didn't realise that they were that hard! From what I saw, it only worked for Rosie whilst she was at home. I always felt sorry for Jason. I was shocked about what I've learnt, but when you see behind the curtain the facade was smashed. Online, you only see what people want you to see.
What have you learnt?

Reactions: 2

Rosie878

VIP Member
I like Rosie - her style, and her content... but I’m often left wondering...How does she afford her life?

She’s training to be a midwife so no income there. I doubt she makes much from social media.. and yet she lives in a beautiful, large home in the countryside in the South based on her accent and the places she goes. She is always buying new clothes from Zara (at £50 a pop for a dress)... is she from a wealthy family? Was her ex husband loaded? I don’t get it!
She was about to move house but think her landlord took pity on her (this was on an instastory last year).I doubt they could evict her now even if they wanted to due to lockdown laws.

I don’t think her ex can be loaded if he’s been declared bankrupt? I don’t know much about these things though.

I agree though she seems to have maintained a pretty good lifestyle. I’m sure she is supported by wider family and perhaps receives funding/loans as a student nurse

slugella

VIP Member
Yes I really like her too. I don't usually like influencer content once they have kids but I like her, and is nice to see her pursuing midwifery. I was surprised to see her and her husband split. Some of the things she has said on stories make it sound like it was his decision? I'm so nosey!

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
does anyone know why her and her husband broke up?
She hasnt given details but did talk about being heartbroken / not wanting to leave it behind. If I had to guess her ex didn't like her having her own career outside of the home - she was basically a house wife their entire relationship - this combined with his bankruptcy - standard midlife crisis rubbish from a crappy man. Wouldn't surprise me if he has shacked up with a younger woman with less commitments who can pander to him. But I could be projecting as a child of divorce :p

• Sad

SunshineSally

Chatty Member
Yes I have a really good feeling about her future. Also I know it’s not the be all and end all and her priority is her kids/uni but I think she will meet someone lovely who adores her in the future. Her kids are also adorable.
Oh she has, no pun intended, a rosy future but this is only because she comes across as a lovely, hardworking person who clearly adores her children and living in a kind and caring way.

Rosie878

VIP Member
She used to be Cider with Rosie blog - got married had 2 kids and started studying to be a midwife. She’s not had the easiest time I don’t think - she’s separated from her husband in the middle of her studies and is now a single parent. I just think she’s handling everything with such grace. She obviously has some privileges that others don’t - big house in the country etc although I don’t believe she owns it. She seems to work really hard too - inspirational in the right way!

Rosie878

VIP Member
Does anyone know how Rosie has managed to snag a fashion partnership with luxury French fashion brand Sezane? Where cardigans retail around 130 quid! Practically everything is over 100quid. Obviously good for her, coining it in but
I mean surely there are other fashion bloggers with larger followings who would be more suited or are the brand now trying to recruit NHS staff 😂
I think she does nail it as an aspirational influencer. I don’t know how she manages it with a fairly new midwife’s salary as a single parent. There’s just something very middle class about her isn’t there 🤣 I do really like her. I wonder if she still has a boyfriend. Her ex did a podcast recently and said he has a partner so has obvs moved on…

Rainbow Blossom

I like Rosie - her style, and her content... but I’m often left wondering...How does she afford her life?

She’s training to be a midwife so no income there. I doubt she makes much from social media.. and yet she lives in a beautiful, large home in the countryside in the South based on her accent and the places she goes. She is always buying new clothes from Zara (at £50 a pop for a dress)... is she from a wealthy family? Was her ex husband loaded? I don’t get it!