Rohini Elyse Mauk

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet another travelling influencer Covidiot, except this one doubles down. She's had thread on Reddit blowing up the past couple weeks so I thought I'd start one here in case anyone is following.

She gives a non apology for all her haters that are hurting inside and cyberbullying her for going to Mexico.

I used to like having her chilled vlogs on in the background but I just can't with this chick anymore :rolleyes: 🤦‍♀️

r/BeautyGuruChatter - Rohini Elyse just doesn’t know where to stop

A Tiktoker made a YT video about it all

Her trash apology blogpost:

On Being Cancelled – Rohini Elyse Mauk

What a joy it is to have found myself cancelled yet again! The way I type this might make it seem that I’m saying it in a sarcastic way, but I can assure you I mean that wholly and sincerely.
Upon being reminded of the world’s cruelties, the sickness of our generation, the need to love and be loved- and when that doesn’t happen, to hate to fill the absence of it. Hate to fill the absence of love. That is the conclusion my mind lands on now- after quite a lot of meditating, journaling, tears, anxiety attacks, neck spasms, stress diarrhea and on and on …my mind is now clear and single-pointed, a dedicated detective investigating the cause of all of this pain.
We are lacking in love.
So many of us have such a deficit of love for ourselves and others that spewing violence out of our mouths is the only way to feel better. At least you’re feeling something right? That long-forgotten and powerful friend -dopamine- returns to you once again when you try to destroy a stranger’s life behind the anonymity of your screen. I know it feels good, how could it not? The chemicals flood and it gives a false sense of confidence.
If it feels this good it must be a good thing to do right?
I’m surely making a difference am I not?

Cyberbullying is now an ancient relic of the past, left behind in our middle school textbooks and stern warnings from our parents. It’s disguised in a new and much deadlier mask: “accountability”
Accountability by definition is “the fact or condition of being accountable; responsibility.” Which is without a doubt, a great idea. Imagine if we all held ourselves to such a level of personal responsibility that our neighbor didn’t have to turn us in? Imagine if we stayed in our own lane long enough to observe the ways we as individuals can better serve this planet. How can I be a better friend, a better lover, a better child, a better citizen? Imagine if for a second we turned inwards and took a proper survey of what accountability means for us in our own lives. Where can we show up better?
I would imagine if you and I took surveys we would have very different answers. The beauty of life is that we are all individuals, with different music tastes, hobbies, passions, food preferences, and on and on.
We each have different struggles, triumphs, angels, and demons. What comes easily to you may be so far out of reach for me… what I dream peacefully about may be a thing of your nightmares.
A few ways I need to hold myself more accountable are- time management, financial responsibility, exercise, meditation practice, and making time to write every single day. I know I need to work on these things about myself, and I plan to. I cannot tell you where you need to hold yourself responsible in your own life, because I don’t know you. I do not know your struggles and I do not know your demons. Those are deeply personal things that are a responsibility of you and you alone.
That is the whole point I think… the only way we will better ourselves as a collective is by FIRST and foremost going inwards and bettering ourselves as individuals. How the hell can I properly show up for you if I am tormented by what’s in my own mind? I will be projecting all of my tit onto you, and you don’t deserve that. The level of help and understanding and compassion I can give you is far less if I am coming from a place of distraction, anger, ego, and self-absorption. Easier said than done of course. The great battle in life is trying to figure out how to be present.
The greatest gift my latest internet scandal has given me is forced presence. Forced self-evaluation. I was forced to grab myself by the shoulders and shake and shake and shake until I pulled myself out of a truly terrible, dark, and spiraling hole I found that I was quickly sinking into. And I don’t say this for pity, I say this for awareness. To lay all the cards on the table. To show you the side that made people coin the phrase “social media is toxic”.
Hurt people, hurt people. And so they gave it their best shot.
Tanking reviews for my passion project (my podcast), trying to get my brand deals canceled along with tarnishing brand relationships I’ve had for 4+ years (my source of income), trying to get my friends fired from their jobs, trying to get my management to drop me, finding my home address and publishing it for all to see, flooding my husband’s company with negative reviews so that potential clients will turn away (a company he built from the ground up, working 12-14 hour days for the last four years), bullying and shaming my sweet old parents for their religion, resurrecting my Twitter account from middle school and using my 13-year-old idiocy against my adult self, harassing my friends in a way they had never experienced before, and on and on and on and on.
At the moment when all of this was happening, it felt like I was in a war. Def-Con 1. Batten down the hatches and assume the fighting position. When your livelihood is being challenged your initial reaction is to defend it at all costs. Anger spews up, Disgust, Bitterness, Hopelessness, etc etc. But those feelings put you in a victim mentality. And I do not believe in placing myself in that mentality. It’s easy to do, it feels comfortable, it allows you to place the blame for all of your misfortunes on everyone except yourself.
There is an easy way out of this thinking, say it with me “everyone fucks up!”
“Everyone fucks up!” It is the way of life. We have all been making major errors since we slid out of the womb. That is what is so beautiful about this happening now, so intense, so aggressive. I am getting the chance to grow exponentially at such a young age.
On my 23rd Birthday, I found myself in Mexico, in a house and setting that was larger and more beautiful than anything my broke-mindset 12-year-old self could have ever dreamed possible. It was a dream I couldn’t have dreamed up. It was perfect, I had every reason to be overjoyed and happy and leave my problems at home where they belonged. But yet there I was, at 3:00 am hysterically crying and screaming and hyperventilating on the beach in Mexico because some trolls decided to try and ruin my friend’s life, because she decided to go to Mexico with me.
One of my favorite Lana del Rey lyrics is “they say that everywhere you go you take yourself, that’s not a lie”. I kept thinking about that poetic line. Here I am in the garden of Eden, bawling my eyes out, feeling more miserable than I had in a very long time. Because I let myself fall into a victim mentality, because I allowed the daggers that the hurt people threw past my proverbial “armor”… I let them tell me who I was for a split second and it nearly cost me everything.

Back to reality. Sitting in my office staring at my computer screen.
I’m off the internet for a while because my managers told me “don’t feed the trolls”. It feels good to be off. Very good.

If I’m being honest, my heart hasn’t been in this for a while. How can I feel excited about trying to sell jeans and beauty products when all I want to do is meditate and do oracle card readings learn about nutrition? All I want to do is shout from the rooftops how unique and gifted and special we all are? All I want to do is experiment with healthy recipes, learn about crystals, try different herbs, dance in the kitchen, make love to my husband, walk my dog, spend time with my parents, get drunk on life with my best friend. After spending so much time focusing on the “intangible” – likes, follows, engagement… I find myself desperately craving the opposite.
I need hugs, and kisses, and fresh-baked cookies, and to dance around in my underwear.
I need to fall and hurt myself and feel what it’s like to be wounded on the outside instead of on the inside for once.
I need to be reminded of WHO THE duck I AM. I am not who these hurt people tell me I am.
Don’t you know we are all projecting? What you are pushing on me, you are probably feeling deep inside of you. And for a long time that has been my burden to bear. The number of times I have heard “ You get more hate than anyone else I see online. It’s so wild. You don’t deserve it” or when my managers told me I get the “most extreme negative reactions” out of any of their influencers. My mom told me it’s because of where Saturn and Ketu are in my astrological chart. I attract enemies apparently. In elementary school, it was the mean girls who made up rumors that I stuffed my bra and told my crush in hopes he would ditch me for them, in middle school, it was “friends” who came over to spend the night, then the next day printed out a photo of me to throw darts at (no I didn’t make this up), and now it has manifested as young girls who hide behind their screens and take years worth of anger out on me. You should hear the things they tell me. I would never speak to someone in such a violent, cruel way.
But yet, that’s where we find ourselves.
I don’t blame them though, I have in the past. “Why won’t these people leave me ALONE” used to be a favorite phrase to mutter under my breath.
I see now, they can’t leave me alone, even if they wanted to.
We have conditioned them to believe what they’re doing is acceptable, even worse.. we have conditioned them to believe what they’re doing is HELPFUL. That they are contributing to a POSITIVE outcome.
We live in a world that is very sick. Our priorities are backward, we think ripping apart a life by sheer force and violence will somehow make the world a better place…
Somehow hate…..Will be a force for good.. With hate we …will be working towards a better tomorrow???
We have told these victors that they will “be on the right side of history” the brave and courageous crusaders of the 21st century. Battling the most pointless war, shooting missiles from their fingertips while they lay completely un-tousled in the safety of their rooms. The missiles land though, unfortunately.
Because you aren’t there to see the damage you have caused, you call it a victory. Or maybe you do see the damage and you do it anyway, because like I said, we are sick. This need to cause harm to others is a sickness. Don’t let anyone convince you otherwise.
If you want to inflict harm on someone else so badly that you spend your waking, precious, beautiful energy researching how to do it… we need to have a serious talk.
Let’s sit down, chat for a while. Why do you feel the need to do this? What’s really going on? Where can I help? What can I do to show you another way?
For so long I was vulnerable to their claims. But now, after building my own metaphorical castle, the missiles and the arrows and the bombs are just being thrown at nothing. They aren’t hitting me. I don’t believe what you tell me I am, because I know myself. I know my heart. I will not apologize for believing in the power of positivity and loving people the way they deserve to be loved. I will not be made embarrassed for living by the golden rule. I know what’s important. And it SURE as hell isn’t that little toxic box we both have glued to our hands. We have let people brainwash us for too long. We have let the media tell us how to think, how to feel… We have let social media trends get in the way of our humanity.
Think for yourself. Remove the screens and remember who you really are.
Tap into your intuition, that faint little nudge one way or another.. It is so valuable. It is vital. You need it! Don’t forget it is there to help you.
You are here for a reason. You have a unique and wonderful soul that is meant to be a light on this planet. You are here to uplift.. You are here to experience the greatest pleasures in life, love, happiness, joy, creativity! You are here to love and be loved and I want that for you so badly. You deserve it, we all do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
wow what a nutjob.. she writes ALL that yet can't stay home during a deadly pandemic... these people are really something!

Reactions: 3
wow what a nutjob.. she writes ALL that yet can't stay home during a deadly pandemic... these people are really something!
Totally. I'm really running out of people to follow that vlog with all this pandemic truth coming out.

This chick is really fucked in the head. Its been really nice to see her losing some of her brand deals immediately though since she only cares about those.

I used to watch her back in the day. She seemed quite down to Earth but she’s truly come into her own over the last few years and this is the cherry on the cake!!

So so tone deaf and ignorant.

Reactions: 1
I used to watch her back in the day. She seemed quite down to Earth but she’s truly come into her own over the last few years and this is the cherry on the cake!!

So so tone deaf and ignorant.
Yea her recent behaviour and lack of empathy has been really shocking.

Apparently she's gone down the Q Anon rabbit hole? Her and Sage always gave me strong Maga vibes, I can't say I'm that surprised

I haven’t watched this yet but she’s been uploading to her podcast channel for the past couple weeks.

What's her true age? I watched a video and apparently it's not actually known.
She says she is 23 and bizarrely laughs that people are suggesting she has lied about her age. “Why would I get a 23 tattoo if I was turning 24 HAHAHA?”

She admits to lying about her age in a video title for their wedding or something by saying she was 21 when she was actually 20, because of all the drinking. She had a fake ID for so long she thought she was 21 or something.

I am truly impressed that people got her brand deals cancelled! 👏👏👏 It’s clear that it hurts.

I’m in other threads where influencers have traveled during lockdown or done something controversial most have faced zero consequences aside from losing followers.

Do we know what brand deals got cancelled? I hope Glossier if I’m honest. That’s how I found her and it disgusts me she’s acting like nothing happened over on his podcast insta like seriously... we don’t want your content anymore

Do we know what brand deals got cancelled? I hope Glossier if I’m honest. That’s how I found her and it disgusts me she’s acting like nothing happened over on his podcast insta like seriously... we don’t want your content anymore
No idea. I forwarded through the video since it was unbearable to listen to but they did say the brands run by adults 🙄 stuck by her. Not sure who they were referring to.

She kind of insinuated that alot of brands just put their collabs on hold until everything blows over, really wanna know which brands those are so I can avoid them altogether

How did she get her fenty sponsorship back?
Exxxxxactly!!

Did she not say she wanted to do something different? And that this all came at the right time because ‘influencing’ wasn’t for her anymore? I’m disappointed how she has yet to TRULY understand what she did. She litttterally doesn’t care!!

Had a glance at her IG for the first time in forever and it looks like she's fully gone off the deep end and joined Aubrey Marcus' literal cult Onnit. I think her and Sage are separated as she's travel solo to South America and then moving to Austin.

Had a glance at her IG for the first time in forever and it looks like she's fully gone off the deep end and joined Aubrey Marcus' literal cult Onnit. I think her and Sage are separated as she's travel solo to South America and then moving to Austin.
His company has been doing business in Austin since last year so it’s possible he is just relocating for work and a change of scenery. She tagged along with him on a team trip there in June.

His company has been doing business in Austin since last year so it’s possible he is just relocating for work and a change of scenery. She tagged along with him on a team trip there in June.
ooh! I was sure something was up - She deleted a bunch of photos of her with Sage and doesn't appear to wear her wedding or engagement rings anymore. No sign of their dog either

ooh! I was sure something was up - She deleted a bunch of photos of her with Sage and doesn't appear to wear her wedding or engagement rings anymore. No sign of their dog either
Oh wow, I hadn’t noticed that!

Last edited: