Rightmove gems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mum works in an estate agent and also says at times if there’s no photos it’s because the owners don’t want their belongings being on show and potentially their house being broken into but are happy enough to obviously show people around 😊 doesn’t always mean something bad about the owners or property is a mess
Thats actually a really great point! I’ve never thought of that 😬 Thank you!

Reactions: 7
My mum works in an estate agent and also says at times if there’s no photos it’s because the owners don’t want their belongings being on show and potentially their house being broken into but are happy enough to obviously show people around 😊 doesn’t always mean something bad about the owners or property is a mess
Your mind instantly goes to tit hole first though 😂
But valid point 😂

This is either a bargain or a mistake

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
There’s certainly a lot going on inside… 😬

Hahaha, what hilariously bad taste. Those green floor tiles are pretty much the worst thing I've ever seen. I also notice on the map the house is closer to Oldham than Ashton-Under-Lyne. Presumably it would have ruined the owners delusions of grandeur to have the estate agent describe their house as being in Oldham.

Reactions: 13
Hahaha, what hilariously bad taste. Those green floor tiles are pretty much the worst thing I've ever seen. I also notice on the map the house is closer to Oldham than Ashton-Under-Lyne. Presumably it would have ruined the owners delusions of grandeur to have the estate agent describe their house as being in Oldham.
I was shocked, barn conversion interior it is not! It looks like the Changing Rooms cast have had a go at it!!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I was shocked, barn conversion interior it is not! It looks like the Changing Rooms cast have had a go at it!!! 😂
No wonder it's been on the market since July last year. Still down as offers over :rolleyes:

Its hideous. How can they justify that price. You'd have to change everything
If I was rich I'd probably buy it just to restore the poor building and give it the interiors it should have as a period barn conversion

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The phrase to note is "non-traditional construction". Usually code for a type of construction that wouldn’t get a mortgage. The land will be more valuable, no doubt.

I'm a maximalist but that's giving me hives.
I just think of trying to dust in there!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Without outing myself, I've been in that house. Was 10+ years ago and it wasn't like that but I didn't like it then either.. Was very footballers wives, all black, white, chrome and crystal

• Sick
Reactions: 9
This pic has my health and safety lights blaring. I just imagine someone potentially falling off the treadmill and going backwards through the glass.

1643414316360.png

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Where are you finding these? If I was being nice, you could perhaps salvage the kitchen by painting the walls plain white. Maybe not salvage, just make fractionally less awful 😬

This pic has my health and safety lights blaring. I just imagine someone potentially falling off the treadmill and going backwards through the glass.

View attachment 1024457
It's ok, they'd render themselves unconscious on the beam as they went so it would be a painless death.

I feel like I need to add some light hearted emojis now 👍🏻💜🤣😻😳😬

Last edited:
  • Haha
This thread is giving me some relief when I’m getting increasingly angry with house hunting currently 👏🏽 Sadly I didn’t get a screen shot of the one that had framed pictures of Steve Irwin in the living room.
Nothing on your guys level but this below ‘set back from the road’ and ‘well proportioned🤬 kitchen is a hallway, bedroom 2 is 11’6 x 4’8” and the bedrooms lead into each other - £170k madness

7426DF00-2B53-4591-AD6A-82F83CB70695.jpeg
20F7DB9B-C051-46A9-B7FF-BF9B891A14DA.jpeg
78042464-AA9D-46CE-A185-685C87776480.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
There is a new build estate near me that has loads of these style properties.

I just find it weird. They aren't in big wide American streets. They are in top of each other on a new build estate. Who would want to sit out there??
Can ask who the builder is of the new estate? I’m so nosy I want to see more ha x

o_O The acid green and purple combo in the living room is, erm, unusual.
The nicest room by far is that little kitchen at the end. I'd live in there.
This is awful. I got claustrophobic looking at it. Especially the gym/office set up in the roof space. It’s so cluttered and tacky.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.