Rightmove gems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is doing the rounds on twitter.
It looks OK - then you see the 'private courtyard garden' 😂

"compact". Isn't that quite expensive for Sheffield? Not that I know much about the housing market in Sheffield. Why do they always say Viewing essential or viewing advised, it's the same for every bloody property!

Reactions: 4
This is doing the rounds on twitter.
It looks OK - then you see the 'private courtyard garden' 😂

It reminds me of the film Buried Alive.

It’s the marble effect kitchen for me
Low budget Home accounts on insta love vinyl wrapping their kitchens

• Haha
Reactions: 6
"compact". Isn't that quite expensive for Sheffield? Not that I know much about the housing market in Sheffield. Why do they always say Viewing essential or viewing advised, it's the same for every bloody property!
Not really, prices have skyrocketed here across the board due to demand, much more than the national average. Lots of southerners paying silly money for houses, putting deposits down without viewing, it’s daft 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Ahahaha what the hell is going on :ROFLMAO: That's creepy AF.

I love looking at rightmove - especially really huge mansions. One day :p The thing that really bugs me is the amount of estate agents who include in the photographs random close-up shots of things like door handles etc. This is a prime example: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/108904397#/?channel=RES_BUY

The swan tap is... quite something I guess, but the close up of the corner of a unit? The candlesticks 🤷‍♀️ Why is there a close up picture (so close it misses the top of the tap off) of the back of the kitchen tap?
That house is beautiful but the decor gives me Hugh Hefner vibes 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This thread has reminded me of memories of many a flat viewing that I had blocked out of my mind

One flat I went to the tenant had moved out a couple weeks before, I walked into the bathroom to see a filled bath full of brown water? Nobody knew what had went on there. The agent just let the plug out and acted like nothing had happened

There was a flat that was advertised as one bedroom, lounge, kitchen and bathroom. Walked through the door and the ‘lounge’ was just a sofa in the hallway

One flat I asked where the rest of the kitchen appliances were (washing machine, fridge etc), as there was no room in the kitchen, opened a cupboard in the hall to see them all stacked up on top of each other

The best one was I went to see a flat and we got to the front door and the agent just couldn’t get it open. It was at the point she thought she had the wrong keys. I should mention she had let me know before going in that the current tenant was a single male. We finally got in and I stepped one foot inside and did not move anywhere again, partly because I couldn’t and partly because I just didn’t want to. You could see in to every room from the hallway and the entire flat was just so messy and disgusting. The final nail in the coffin was, and I wish I was exaggerating here but I really am not, you couldn’t even see the bedroom floor because there were so many tissues on it. The agent was so so embarrassed, I mean we both knew exactly what had been going on in there, he didn’t have a cold that’s for sure. She ensured me that it would be deep cleaned after they moved out but honestly she couldn’t have paid me to live there

Grim

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I feel sorry for the estate agents who have to walk through some of these homes

Reactions: 11
I feel sorry for the estate agents who have to walk through some of these homes
Estate agents generally seem very unprepared IMO, I went to see various places and they could never answer basic questions ie “what is the nearest station?” So it doesn’t surprise me they have no idea what messes they are walking into. I had nothing but bad experiences with them tbh and ended up finding things myself as at least I had researched into where I was going

Reactions: 8
Reactions: 2
Oh that’s very interesting, thank you! It’s weird though cos I sort of know the area/development it’s in for example so know it’s likely to be fairly decent but I like to see pictures before anything. I just find it bizarre to be advertising something without really actually advertising it if that makes sense? 😂
My mum works in an estate agent and also says at times if there’s no photos it’s because the owners don’t want their belongings being on show and potentially their house being broken into but are happy enough to obviously show people around 😊 doesn’t always mean something bad about the owners or property is a mess

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.