Rich Abandon Ship

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
he is a clueless prick, really thinks he has talent - only in grifting you utter rocket

Reactions: 7
Soul destroying applying for jobs? Welcome to the real world fucko! I was once 1/500 for a job at tesco. Get a grip. So he has a wine and can't be assed (surprise) so begs for jobs through insta...
See also: Im unskilled and haven’t got a great track record. Im under qualified for the roles I’m applying for, in an industry that is extremely competitive. I don’t want to compromise myself the way others do, by taking a job out of necessity so please try and find an opportunity for me that I haven’t found for myself.

Reactions: 15
The creative industry is one of the most competitive markets to get work in. Whether that's Art Direction, branding, design, or illustration. It takes years to build a reputation and establish a network to facilitate working relationships. Part of me feels sorry he's only just realising that his whole "business" thus far has been propped up by social media prats who don't know the first thing about genuinely decent work.

Another, larger part of me, quite likes the idea that he, and his partner, are finally getting found out to be charlatans whose primary talent is self-promotion and a very mistaken idea of their own abilities. I'm not surprised that they needed to run away to the other side of the country to get work as, as far as I can tell, no sensible Scottish creative or brand wants anything to do with them.

Reactions: 9
Soul destroying applying for jobs? Welcome to the real world fucko! I was once 1/500 for a job at tesco. Get a grip. So he has a wine and can't be assed (surprise) so begs for jobs through insta...
How bloody embarrassing. Again am glad now I have a successful career and he looked down at me. If he was that AMAZING he'd have been headhunted.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There’s no shame in starting from the bottom in an assistant role. Better to be on the bottom rung of a ladder you want to climb, than not on the ladder at all.

Still laughing at the delusion of him applying for a Lead role at one of the biggest, most established shoe brands in the world though 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
How bloody embarrassing. Again am glad now I have a successful career and he looked down at me. If he was that AMAZING he'd have been headhunted.
Don’t let Richie Disaster look at you like you’re pond water, you are Fiji water, ok?!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just looked at his stories from today listing all the things he’s great at, and all the industries he’s worked across. You’d think someone with all of those connections wouldn’t find it difficult to pick up some work. It’s almost as if all those people who have worked with him before wouldn’t want to work with him again. What a surprise.

Reactions: 12
Message ‘me’ saying hi on ig and we will see 😂😂
Well??? Did you know each other? I’m invested.
---
Just looked at his stories from today listing all the things he’s great at, and all the industries he’s worked across. You’d think someone with all of those connections wouldn’t find it difficult to pick up some work. It’s almost as if all those people who have worked with him before wouldn’t want to work with him again. What a surprise.
Can you post them here for those of us that can’t watch?

• Haha
Can you post them here for those of us that can’t watch?
Popping them under a spoiler because it’s long.
3BC6074C-AF3D-41DC-84D3-0EC32504DD0E.png

DEBEEA0D-FF28-4634-BA58-709C26102DA6.png

706C438D-7465-4412-B401-19AF7611B5EA.png

644B9DA3-C883-4FFC-9580-F8DFD6969592.png

9CCDEA44-7105-484B-8668-7DFBC6291EB4.png

0629CED9-8B95-4C8E-B4DB-4E645ED860AF.png

“also worked with brands a ridiculous amount of times”. Helpful 🫣
NAME THEM! Name all these brands you’ve worked with or for!

F92DB4A7-5DFA-4475-9CDA-37DF9742131D.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3
You hit the nail on the head. He doesn’t evidence his experience and skills. Name the bleeping brands. And having tagged Dr Martens in your photo coz you’re wearing them, doesn’t mean you worked ‘with’ them 🤣

What charity has he worked with? He better not be meaning Hardship Helps, the charity he started, made money for, then dissolved before filing financials and didn’t post receipts proving the money was even donated!

It’s not enough to say he’s done ‘lots’ or ‘tons’ as it’s not evidenced. Employers can’t just take his word for it. And saying ‘there’s not much about online retail I don’t know’ is incredibly arrogant and won’t be true. I’m at a good level in my job having done it for 15 years, but there is a lot I don’t know. Things change and you need to learn new things every day. Saying ‘my work speaks for itself’ again is an empty phrase and simply not enough when you are trying to convince someone to hire you. He really doesn’t have a clue about what employers are looking for, does he?

I don’t work in that industry, but I think @pan does. Would be good to hear their opinion.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Popping them under a spoiler because it’s long.
View attachment 1995240
View attachment 1995241
View attachment 1995242

View attachment 1995244
View attachment 1995245
View attachment 1995247

“also worked with brands a ridiculous amount of times”. Helpful 🫣
NAME THEM! Name all these brands you’ve worked with or for!

View attachment 1995248
wow all that experience yet he has just a trail of failed businesses behind him and no resounding testimonials from actual real companies :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What a bleeping grifter.

agree with everything that’s already been said above, yes the creative industry is incredibly competitive, but had he not been blowing smoke up his own arse for so long this wouldn’t come as such a shock to him when he’s struggling to even get interviews.

If he’s had ‘so much experience’ with all these brands, name them, share their reviews or testimonials of the so-called work you’ve done for them? I’m sure if they enjoyed working with you they’d gladly supply that.

These bleeping influencers who get by for so long doing duck all and then witch and moan when they have to try and operate in the real world and WEALISE HOW HARD AND TUFF IT WEALLY IS. Boo bleeping hoo you talentless cretin, get in line.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
wow all that experience yet he has just a trail of failed businesses behind him and no resounding testimonials from actual real companies :LOL:
I think this is what confuses me the most about the whole approach - does he think that these companies wouldn't do their due diligence or research? Does he think that swapping the name of his same-old-same-old output every 6 months somehow sponges away the rest? It's alarming how he seems to think the answer is yes.

Reactions: 8
What a bleeping grifter.

If he’s had ‘so much experience’ with all these brands, name them, share their reviews or testimonials of the so-called work you’ve done for them? I’m sure if they enjoyed working with you they’d gladly supply that.
Absolutely this! As I said earlier in this thread, surely with all the experience he has, and contacts he’s made, he’d have no issue getting work (unless he was a cock who added nothing).

• Heart
It's the entitlement and arrogance that get me. His consultancy bollocks ended what a month ago? And already he's whining about how hard it is and essentially asking other people to get him a job.

Why don't you put up another chirpy doc martins post on LinkedIn like you're some innovative creative who doesn't need to confirm to a CV or traditional routes of job application and reinvent that wheel! See how well that works out for you. Write your name and number on a few more toilet walls.

Flakiest noncommittal grifter going, wouldn't give him a job clearing tables, let alone a lead creative role!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Yes, I work in the industry he claims to be some sort of expert in. He, and his wife, are the quintessential examples of the influencer generation. You're not "working" with a brand if they're giving you a free bathroom in return for an Ad. That's a tax-deductible promotion for them, not an admission of a creative partnership or employment. I'd be shocked if either of them could work to a brief or pitch to a client about anything other than their own cliche'd aesthetics. Working in the creative field means putting aside your own ego and helping a client fulfill a vision you both have together. Not nipping into their studio space with a sharpie and writing "good vibes" and "we don't deserve dogs" on the wall with illustrations which were last on trend in 2012.

I could spend hours ripping apart all of his "experience" in the industry but the main issues with his begging for work are what's already been outlined. Someone who has any form of actual agency experience would have built up a portfolio of work that can be shown to potential clients. This would be demonstratable work and outcomes which benefit the brand, right through to completed projects. Show the work, name the clients, demonstate where you have added value to their brand.

The irony is I have helped to art direct campaigns for worldwide brands and I'd not have the arrogance to act like I was some form of svengali who knew it all. Anything that is remotely important in this sphere is a hugely collaborative project and they'd not let someone like Richard near it with his current level of experience. I've literally employed all the professions he claims to be able to work in; Stylists / photographers / brand developers / illustrators / designers / interior architects and art directors. These are all different jobs where folk spend YEARS working hard to get work in the industry, not something you slap on your instagram bio in an afternoon because you've ripped off some artists from pinterest.

I don't know Richard well and I have no idea if he's a "nice guy" or not so this is no attack on his personality but I can comment on what I know. His startling idea of his own self-worth and abilities would be impressive if it wasn't so misplaced. I don't have an issue with the Instagram / TikTok grift - it's not aimed at me and I don't need to see it. I take issue when he paints himself to be an expert in a field where my colleagues and I have spent years working on our craft and constantly upgrading our skill sets.

There's a term in the industry - "fake it 'til you make it" which I think he's been running with for the last decade and a bit. Unfortunately, that only works for so long before you actually need to do the work.

My advice (and, unlike Richard, I do get paid to give this on occasion) would be; Work out what you're good at, what you want to do and work out how you can get clients to pay you to do that. Start off small and pay attention to the pitch, the brief and the exectuion. Take that work and slowly build on it until you have a decidcated, demonstratable body of work you can take to a bigger client / agency and then rinse and repeat.

• Heart
Reactions: 25