Rich Abandon Ship

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
when you click the link from the Abandonship Bar’s Facebook page it opens Mikk Design, owned by Matt Netherington who is now running the clothing brand? Strange.

It’s so incestious and seedy. I don’t believe for a second that Richard isn’t still the owner of the clothing brand. Matt is just the new, more palatable face of it. It’s no coincidence that Rich left social media a day before ASA relaunched.

I looked Matt up on companies house and he started another brand with Rich called Almost Dead last year, and in June this year he started Mikk Group as a clothing sale business. I wonder if the ASA business will quietly be dissolved and the Intellectual Property sold to this new company like what has happened before. Lather rinse repeat. That must be why they have a new ‘simplified’ name for the company. They think we’re buttoned up the back.
This exactly

Reactions: 3
The guys businesses are all badly named

abandon ship
The last rodeo
Hard grind
Chop shop

calls himself a creative, but aptly names his business with disastrous connotations

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Last rodeo's social media has slowed right down too, to the point where it kind of feels like they're hardly trying or just bored of it now. I know they had the same issue as othe bars with a revolving door of staff funny how repeating bad business practices repeats bad results 🤷🏻‍♂️
Does anyone ever see it busy anymore?

Reactions: 4
Last rodeo's social media has slowed right down too, to the point where it kind of feels like they're hardly trying or just bored of it now. I know they had the same issue as othe bars with a revolving door of staff funny how repeating bad business practices repeats bad results 🤷🏻‍♂️
Walked past it on Saturday night. It looked like there was a few people in it but compared to the pubs we were in (which were packed) I would say it was a poor turnout for a Saturday night in southside.

Reactions: 2
The last rodeo was closed on Thursday early evening when I was across the road. Is it dying a death then?

The last thing that was posted on Instagram was on 25th November. Which I suppose doesn’t really indicate anything but I felt like their posts have went down recently. Maybe trouble ahead?

Well nothing changed on company house, still the owner of ASA

funny they quiet on Last Rodeo seeing as it’s Christmas and peak season

has anyone seen the shite they are selling on Abandon ship. They are selling a outdoors trail knife that is illegal to carry outside. They are also selling”flame generators” (to every non-wanker they are generally known as “lighters”.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Well nothing changed on company house, still the owner of ASA

funny they quiet on Last Rodeo seeing as it’s Christmas and peak season

has anyone seen the shite they are selling on Abandon ship. They are selling a outdoors trail knife that is illegal to carry outside. They are also selling”flame generators” (to every non-wanker they are generally known as “lighters”.
A FLAME GENERATOR.

I’’m dead 😂

It’ a bleeping lighter pal.

Why on earth would you ever take on a business and not change the name when it has such a bad reputation? Anyone who hears of that brand and knows the history wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole. I’d want to distance myself as much as possible from him and his brands but oh wait…could it possibly be that he still owns the bleeping business and is getting someone else to be the face because he can’t use his anymore 😂

As transparent as usual I see. Still registered as the director and trying to pull the wool over everyone’s eyes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Everything is for show

I need a social media manager prepared to pay 25k, you get to work with me and come to parties in London. (I smell shite)

oh I’m selling my business (then comes off insta, someone else apparently owns business and it has nothing to do with him….smell shite)

Get tae duck

Reactions: 7
I’m just going to leave this here
The resemblance is uncanny

Considering his wife is a “social media manager” or whatever she calls herself, they aren’t very good at the socials and getting people in the door!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
*outside the pub in the smoking area*

“excuse me mate, can you borrow your flame generator”

• Haha
Reactions: 12
His slimy face popped up on my LinkedIn the other day! He’s working as a ‘creative’ for company called Markup. He looks grim.
How is that even a job 😂

*outside the pub in the smoking area*

“excuse me mate, can you borrow your flame generator”
In Glasgow you’d get battered for that sort of patter

I don’t need your £25 flame generator mate. I’ve got my very own!

Does anyone know if he actually runs The Last Rodeo? Like does he work in it with his wife or does he employ people? I can’t actually imagine that he does any sort of graft - especially not pulling pints, he’s too much of a “creative” 🤦🏻‍♀️

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
It’s illegal to sell knives without a license. Penalty includes jail time. https://www.gov.uk/knife-dealers-licence-scotland

What are the ‘checks’ they are doing? Apart from the ‘click if you’re over 18’ pop up window 🤣

It’s just so tone deaf, for a Glasgow based company to sell knives. Knife crime in Glasgow is rife. Why would anyone buy one if they could get done for leaving the house with it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
It’s illegal to sell knives without a license. Penalty includes jail time. https://www.gov.uk/knife-dealers-licence-scotland

What are the ‘checks’ they are doing? Apart from the ‘click if you’re over 18’ pop up window 🤣

It’s just so tone deaf, for a Glasgow based company to sell knives. Knife crime is rife. Why would anyone buy one if they could get done for leaving the house with it.
Exactly! Knife crime is such a huge issue right now and I noticed on the instagram post where they were advertising it, a lady commented on how her son got killed and that it wasn’t appropriate to be selling knives. He replied that most people who buy knives from his shop are “over the age of 30” or something like that so apparently that’s enough justification to sell them. It’s so thick. Obviously the issue is that kids and younger people could very easily get hold of that knife and do a lot of damage. It doesn’t actually have to be the younger people buying the knives, it’s how they get a hold of them.

why would anyone want a knife they can’t take outside without getting arrested for it anyway?! It isn’t worth the risk!

Theres no checks as far as I can see, just a bleeping pop up window 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Aye also lock knives are different to pocket knives and are legally not categorised the same way. In the description on the website they infer you can take it camping. You can’t. It’s illegal to carry one. Anywhere.

Reactions: 4