Rhitrition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she mentioned she was having people over in groups of 6. So it might have looked like a lot but I think she potentially was inside restrictions....although i don’t think she was including children ( OF ANY AGE) in the 6 so actually yes she was breaking the rules
I mention it only as Chessie King raved about catching up with 3 others (+ their 2 children) which makes a group of 6 before you even add Rhi, her little one and her OH.

Reactions: 3
Her latest banana bread post, she looks seriously unwell. So gaunt. She's clearly not coping well

She bakes so much but she can't possibly eat it all? She's so obsessive as well about Zachary's diet.

I feel like a lot of Instagram PTs/nutritions actually just have a really fucked up relationship with food and are actually just foisting their disordered eating habits on vunerable people

Reactions: 6
Her latest banana bread post, she looks seriously unwell. So gaunt. She's clearly not coping well

She bakes so much but she can't possibly eat it all? She's so obsessive as well about Zachary's diet.

I feel like a lot of Instagram PTs/nutritions actually just have a really fucked up relationship with food and are actually just foisting their disordered eating habits on vunerable people
Can’t remember the exact percentage but a very large percentage of people who study nutrition have , or have had poor relationships with food

Reactions: 2
Can’t remember the exact percentage but a very large percentage of people who study nutrition have , or have had poor relationships with food
I’m going to struggle to make my point coherently but here we go

Rhi sits in a space of being an influencer, your friend who is a mum and just like you but on the internet, someone who frequently has sponsored content and makes recommendations to her followers on products

Except she’s different to other influencers as she is ALSO a nutritionist with a paid private clientele who she treats for serious things like eating disorders, health conditions, weight loss etc.

Therefore the issue I have with her is that by having an Instagram profile that covers the personal and professional parts of her life she is blurring the lines between the two. The average woman following her because of Zachary is being bombarded with posts about in depth studies of specific nutrients or diets, weight management, why we should all eat more almonds etc. No average person (eg someone not actively managing their diet with the help of a nutritionist) needs to think about these things that much, just eat a balanced diet and exercise sometimes and you’ll be fine! And she’s therefore normalising having a scientific and diet based relationship with food, not everything you eat is going to be nutritionally optimum but that’s ok

TLDR - by combining her nutritionist posts with her personal ones she’s exposing potentially vulnerable followers to content that could cause them to overthink their relationship with food and move it into a dangerous place

Hope all that made sense!

Reactions: 11
I wonder how long she’s been having a nanny 2 days a week? Nothing wrong with that of course but she’s always saying how she’s squeezing things in while Zachary naps and how’s she’s juggling everything all the time but actually she has a nanny!

I wonder how long she’s been having a nanny 2 days a week? Nothing wrong with that of course but she’s always saying how she’s squeezing things in while Zachary naps and how’s she’s juggling everything all the time but actually she has a nanny!
Probably since the beginning, she’s probably got a Norland nanny who does overnights aswell!
I’m going to struggle to make my point coherently but here we go

Rhi sits in a space of being an influencer, your friend who is a mum and just like you but on the internet, someone who frequently has sponsored content and makes recommendations to her followers on products

Except she’s different to other influencers as she is ALSO a nutritionist with a paid private clientele who she treats for serious things like eating disorders, health conditions, weight loss etc.

Therefore the issue I have with her is that by having an Instagram profile that covers the personal and professional parts of her life she is blurring the lines between the two. The average woman following her because of Zachary is being bombarded with posts about in depth studies of specific nutrients or diets, weight management, why we should all eat more almonds etc. No average person (eg someone not actively managing their diet with the help of a nutritionist) needs to think about these things that much, just eat a balanced diet and exercise sometimes and you’ll be fine! And she’s therefore normalising having a scientific and diet based relationship with food, not everything you eat is going to be nutritionally optimum but that’s ok

TLDR - by combining her nutritionist posts with her personal ones she’s exposing potentially vulnerable followers to content that could cause them to overthink their relationship with food and move it into a dangerous place

Hope all that made sense!
Oh my god. Thank you for this! Genuinely, yes I had not even thought about it this way. She does totally make me overthink my diet and I had never even thought of it in that way!

New here but came in shock after seeing her latest post on Instagram. She looks sooo frail! It's aged her so much. Don't get me wrong, since I've became a mum I look a little older it comes with the territory with lack of sleep and less time to look after yourself. But she looks malnourished and seriously unwell. It is madness she has gotten to this point when she is a nutritionist!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I think she looks fine really. A lot of her older pictures (pre-baby/lockdown) she’s clearly had her makeup done and a nice blow dry for the picture. Her more recent pictures look like she’s just at home with no glam squad. I wouldn’t say she looked malnourished at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I think she looks fine really. A lot of her older pictures (pre-baby/lockdown) she’s clearly had her makeup done and a nice blow dry for the picture. Her more recent pictures look like she’s just at home with no glam squad. I wouldn’t say she looked malnourished at all.
I think people are referencing how skinny and frail she appears to be rather than her not having her hair and makeup done. I agree with the above posters that she doesn’t look well at all and that’s nothing to do with not having a blow dry and a full face of make up. She looks skeletal at times.

Reactions: 7
Rhi posted this story earlier and now she has deleted it 🤔. I know the food at these places are not the best and I wouldn’t let a 1 year old eat it but honestly for an older toddler once in a while it’s going to be fine. Isn’t she always preaching about eating in moderation and intuitive eating but obviously doesn’t practice what she preaches. Guess what Rhi, Zachary is going to eat a chicken nugget in his lifetime and it won’t do him any harm.

Attachments

Rhi posted this story earlier and now she has deleted it 🤔. I know the food at these places are not the best and I wouldn’t let a 1 year old eat it but honestly for an older toddler once in a while it’s going to be fine. Isn’t she always preaching about eating in moderation and intuitive eating but obviously doesn’t practice what she preaches. Guess what Rhi, Zachary is going to eat a chicken nugget in his lifetime and it won’t do him any harm.
She just exudes snobbiness. Pizza and chips isn't going to kill anyone, especially if they're spending two hours running around soft play like mad. Let your boy have some chicken nuggets and just make sure he eats some fruit for afters. BALANCE.

Reactions: 10
Yeah I’d like to see her explain why soup, jacket potatoes, veg and hummus or beans on toast are bad, and like other posters have said any of the rest in moderation is absolutely fine

How will she cope the day Zachary goes round a friend’s house after school and he gets fed something she doesn’t approve of?

Reactions: 8
Some of them are free after school in term time too, not all parents can afford to do both soft play and food. Pizza/nuggets and chips in moderation isn't a big deal

Reactions: 4
I send my 1 year old to daycare that provides food. I can’t say I love what they feed him but you know, he eats well at home so if he has jam on toast at daycare or processed food, he will be ok! 🙄 (also one less thing for me to do not having to pack a lunch ☺)

She is so snobby it’s unreal! She posted the other day that they shouldn’t put calories on menus because 1. It can trigger people with eating disorders (valid point) and also that without a nutrition degree how could you possibly understand the calories

Christ - that poor boy is going to end up bulimic. What’s wrong with having a choice? She could pick some of the healthy options if she wanted to! That post emphasises everything that is wrong with influencer culture!

Reactions: 5
I honestly believe enforcing such strong and obsessive views on kids can only go a negative way. My baby is 8 months and I haven't felt the need to give him a pouch for example with being on maternity leave, but when I go back to work and he is being looked after,there will definitely be days where this is taken out of my hands! The odd more unhealthy meal will do no harm but the toxic mentality restricting your kids will.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.