Rhitrition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone reassure me they don't feed their baby like she does - a huge variety of different things on a platter, way more than he can eat, "so he can pick and choose different bits"

I make sure my baby gets a variety of food because I make him different meals over the week - why does he need so much choice at every single meal?

Reactions: 3
Nope. I have never fed any of my babies like this. In fact I found that putting so much in front of them had the opposite effect and they would be overwhelmed by so much food that they would just throw it all on the floor 😅. I made sure they got variety by offering different things on different days through the week and that worked for us.

Reactions: 2
Could it make them more picky if they get used to such a wide variety at each meal time? I hate to use the phrase ‘rod for your own back’ but...

Yeah I feed my son like this quite often to be honest because he likes "picky teas" with lots of different things and I find it helps him to eat fruit as he can have a bit of various ones. He'll have porridge and a smoothie for breakfast, one hot meal and a meal like this a few times a week. I quite like putting different things on there for him to try (and it's great for when I can't work out what to make from what we have in the fridge!)

Nope. I have never fed any of my babies like this. In fact I found that putting so much in front of them had the opposite effect and they would be overwhelmed by so much food that they would just throw it all on the floor 😅. I made sure they got variety by offering different things on different days through the week and that worked for us.
I basically used to just give my kids whatever we we were eating ( - obviously excluding salt and barring a very spicy curry!) , they're all adults now but were never picky eaters and they now love spicier food than me!

She can feed her kid however but it’s constant complaining about something she brought into the world and how see seems to not have the life before that really troubles me. She comes across as so anxious and desperate to please about everything! The poor little kid is going to pick up on it!

I have just seen Rhi’s Instagram for the first time in ages and my goodness I cannot believe how unwell she is looking. It is clear she is really struggling and I wish she would seek help, rather than spending every waking hour on social media and promoting an incredibly dangerous lifestyle to impressionable girls.
It all seems incredibly fake and disingenuous. I think she is trying to cover up some huge sadness and is performing for the camera all the time. It never comes across as natural or organic. I think she is clearly eating disordered too.

Reactions: 5
I cannot get over how unprofessional this woman is. She works for a nutrition clinic that ultimately deals with eating disorder patients which would mean a majority of her followers are also in this category? yet she is SO thin and malnourished (I am a dietician) and constantly posts videos of her working out in a sports bra and skin tight leggings. Its so triggering for her followers. It shows she doesn't care about them she just cares about her image. We don't need to see her working out anyway, its a nutritional page not a workout page. Stay in your lane Rhiannnon before you lose respect!
If you were a dietitian you would know how to spell it right

Reactions: 4
I'm finding her constant sad posting about the effect of Covid on her baby and birth experience quite difficult and I say this as someone who had a baby a week before she did and also had to stay in the hospital after the birth. Yes, it has been a difficult year, and some people have had truly horrible experiences.

But her previous moaning post was that Zachary is 11 months and never seen the sea. Well 1) there have been times last year when you could legally take day trips away, why didn't they pop down to the south coast then if it was that important 2) babies don't know what the sea is, he couldn't care less. What a weird thing to get all upset about. Of all the things to complain about, she's going on about that?

Not sure if I'm explaining myself well. I'm hugely sympathetic to anyone who had a tough covid birth, and talking about it is so important. One person can be sad about something that wouldn't bother someone else. But she is incessant with her moaning, and there is never any gratitude for the positives in her life.

TL:DR she needs to stop with her sadfishing

Reactions: 6
I really don’t understand her story today. She says she was a week away from her due date when we locked down but she didn’t have her baby til 19/4 (I checked as she is always saying he was born the week of the peak and I didn’t think that was until a little while after we went into lockdown). Mathematically I don’t see how that can be especially as she says she was high risk. 19/4 is 27 days away which means they would have let her go nearly 3 weeks overdue if her due date was 7 days away! I imagine she was high risk due to GD as she has mentioned she has diabetes in her family and I just can’t imagine them allowing her to go nearly 3 weeks overdue.
You are completely right, they could have gone to the seaside if they wanted to at points during the last year. They went away to spas quite a few times so if it meant that much to her they could have gone.
Anyone that has had a baby through this pandemic it must have been so hard but Rhiannon does like to constantly remind people how bad it’s been for her and it’s just a bit boring now.

Reactions: 4
I really don’t understand her story today. She says she was a week away from her due date when we locked down but she didn’t have her baby til 19/4 (I checked as she is always saying he was born the week of the peak and I didn’t think that was until a little while after we went into lockdown). Mathematically I don’t see how that can be especially as she says she was high risk. 19/4 is 27 days away which means they would have let her go nearly 3 weeks overdue if her due date was 7 days away! I imagine she was high risk due to GD as she has mentioned she has diabetes in her family and I just can’t imagine them allowing her to go nearly 3 weeks overdue.
You are completely right, they could have gone to the seaside if they wanted to at points during the last year. They went away to spas quite a few times so if it meant that much to her they could have gone.
Anyone that has had a baby through this pandemic it must have been so hard but Rhiannon does like to constantly remind people how bad it’s been for her and it’s just a bit boring now.
She's definitely muddled the dates before. She told a story once last year that made it seem like Zachary and my baby had the same birthday, and then a few months later said how many months old he was and it didn't add up. Not sure why that's something you'd be wrong about really? Though guess it could be baby brain

Reactions: 1
Totally agree. Some adults have never seen the sea! And yes, a baby doesn’t care...just take them to the bath. But then again she is probably desperate to take him to the sea so she can post “cute” family pictures of him at the sea and get more engagement.

why is her life always so difficult? Even when she does try and share some of the positives it’s always like bleeping Groundhog Day! Or it’s a negative thing and then she tries to put a positive spin on it.

STOP BEING A NARCISSIST

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I understand it’s hard, but agreed, it’s me, me, me without recognising her immense privilege!

Totally agree. Some adults have never seen the sea! And yes, a baby doesn’t care...just take them to the bath. But then again she is probably desperate to take him to the sea so she can post “cute” family pictures of him at the sea and get more engagement.

why is her life always so difficult? Even when she does try and share some of the positives it’s always like bleeping Groundhog Day! Or it’s a negative thing and then she tries to put a positive spin on it.

STOP BEING A NARCISSIST
Nail on head. No wonder her and Alice Liveing are such good friends.

I don’t have kids, but I have plenty of kids around me.

im confused as to why her baby has been teething constantly (literally every other day there is a teething story) for the last 5 months. Is that normal? I have never heard anyone else have it so constantly. Is she sure it’s teething? Maybe there is something else wrong with Him?

He does seem to be teething a lot! I think I got really lucky when mine were teething though as they only seemed to be fussy for the first tooth and then they just sort of got on with it!
My eyes nearly rolled out of my head about her story of Zachary really enjoying tofu though. Of course he does!

Reactions: 1
I felt really guilty but I had no idea when my baby was teething for the first time. One day I put my finger in his mouth and there were two teeth poking through his bottom gum! He hadn't been particularly fussy or upset, it was crazy. He now has 8 teeth and hasn't had much trouble with any of them really.

I do wonder if some mums think there always has to be a reason for them being fussy, so they attribute it to teething. Sometimes it can be other things, they might be doing through a developmental leap or just having a bad day! But there's no way to know that, and I get the feeling that Rhiannon has some control issues, so it's easier to attribute it to teething, which you can do something about.

Reactions: 3
I felt really guilty but I had no idea when my baby was teething for the first time. One day I put my finger in his mouth and there were two teeth poking through his bottom gum! He hadn't been particularly fussy or upset, it was crazy. He now has 8 teeth and hasn't had much trouble with any of them really.

I do wonder if some mums think there always has to be a reason for them being fussy, so they attribute it to teething. Sometimes it can be other things, they might be doing through a developmental leap or just having a bad day! But there's no way to know that, and I get the feeling that Rhiannon has some control issues, so it's easier to attribute it to teething, which you can do something about.
100% has control issues!
I feel bad because I know mums feel they get judged a lot and I didn’t mean my comment in a bad way, I have just never seen a baby have so many teething issues!

Does anyone genuinely believe that is her real accent?
I think it’s her accent when she wants to talk down to people she thinks are stupid. I.e. most people.
God she seems to think she’s the only one who gives a balanced view on nutrition. But is it a balanced view? Is it really?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.