Rhitrition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also notice she tagged a photographer in her post. Can you imagine the conversation at her newborn photo shoot saying to her ‘can you get a photo of me with this tommee tippee bottle so I can use it for an ad in a few weeks?!’ Her grid post about it was ok but her story was so rushed it kind of seemed like she was cut off I was expecting another story but nope!

Also edited to add - I don’t think that these kinds of posts ever achieve anything whether they are well intentioned or not. If someone posts about breastfeeding, people in the comments will be like ‘not everyone can breastfeed and shouldn’t be made to feel bad because they can’t’. If someone posts about using formula then in the comments it will be ‘breastfeeding is nutritionally better’ And the argument goes on and on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Her sneaky placement of the word ‘ad’ is annoying me. Also hate anyone who has been a mother for five minutes thinking they are an oracle. Also sick of breastfeeding influencers constantly posting pictures of them feeding (not against breastfeeding but why does it always need to go onto Instagram-you can feed your child and enjoy the bond without posting a photo you know!)

Reactions: 6
Also notice she tagged a photographer in her post. Can you imagine the conversation at her newborn photo shoot saying to her ‘can you get a photo of me with this tommee tippee bottle so I can use it for an ad in a few weeks?!’ Her grid post about it was ok but her story was so rushed it kind of seemed like she was cut off I was expecting another story but nope!

Also edited to add - I don’t think that these kinds of posts ever achieve anything whether they are well intentioned or not. If someone posts about breastfeeding, people in the comments will be like ‘not everyone can breastfeed and shouldn’t be made to feel bad because they can’t’. If someone posts about using formula then in the comments it will be ‘breastfeeding is nutritionally better’ And the argument goes on and on.
I agree. She’s tried to strike a balance in the caption and reaching out but either be transparent about your journey or not. I got an element of smugness that she Seemingly isn’t using formula (similar to London Paleo Girl) - if it genuinely doesn’t matter then why feel the need to drop hints? I remember Deliciously Ella having quite a lot of flack over this issue too. I admired her honesty on Elizabeth Day’s How to Fail podcast!

Yeah sometimes I can feel like insta mums can be a bit smug about not using formula but I am also aware that that could just be in my head as I desperately wanted to breast feed and couldn’t. I think it’s more of the way they talk about ‘the bond’ it gives them as if formula feeding mothers don’t bond with their baby when they are bottle feeding. But again they could just be how I’m perceiving it and not how it is intended.

Yeah sometimes I can feel like insta mums can be a bit smug about not using formula but I am also aware that that could just be in my head as I desperately wanted to breast feed and couldn’t. I think it’s more of the way they talk about ‘the bond’ it gives them as if formula feeding mothers don’t bond with their baby when they are bottle feeding. But again they could just be how I’m perceiving it and not how it is intended.
It’s bollocks too! Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed breastfeeding but a lot of the time, particularly in the newborn phase with the huge growth spurts, the smell of milk just made my baby really cross and agitated around me! Nature is amazing but it ain’t insta-friendly...hence the over dramatic posed pics and simpering captions. Just makes me eye-roll...

Reactions: 4
I hear you. At the very least there is a lack of sensitivity. BF is bloody hard and it doesn’t work out for everyone for a variety of reasons. I wish some of the insta hunz would come out and actually speak about how and why it’s been difficult, or even come out proudly and say they’ve used formula! I’d respect that so much more personally. Nobody ever really admits to combi feeding which in reality is how the vast majority of babies are fed in the UK.

Exactly! Out of everyone I know that’s had a baby, only one exclusively breastfed and I take my hat off to her because it is HARD. I also feel like sometimes the don’t actually believe that some women can’t breastfeed they just think that women who formula feed ‘gave up’ or didn’t try hard enough.

Exactly! Out of everyone I know that’s had a baby, only one exclusively breastfed and I take my hat off to her because it is HARD. I also feel like sometimes the don’t actually believe that some women can’t breastfeed they just think that women who formula feed ‘gave up’ or didn’t try hard enough.
Yes! BF challenges are so so common and there isn’t enough support for those of us who have Had problems.

Plus there is a real lack of education amongst midwives about things like tongue tie which can make BF almost impossible.

In some ways I agree with Rhi’s post that there shouldn’t be judgment but she still manages to make it so loaded!

Typical Rhi. She’s co-written a book about sports nutrition and yet her co author’s name is not on the front cover! What an egotist!

Last edited:
How is that even allowed?! I’d be fuming if I had co-wrote a book and my name wasn’t even on it! Typical of Rhiannon though but how can she think that’s ok!

Another free pram 🙄 and can’t just put ad on there clearly, has to hide it amongst loads of other dialogue
She always does that! I swear she only writes these long rambling captions and puts ad either at the beginning so that people have forgotten about it by the time they have read it all, or right at the end because she knows most people won’t bother to read the whole thing! She never puts #ad either it’s always just ad because the # draws attention to it!

Reactions: 5
Ok so she reckons she suffered a prolapse and yet was back exercising how quickly after the birth?!

Ok so she reckons she suffered a prolapse and yet was back exercising how quickly after the birth?!
Does that make any difference? I have a prolapse and I don’t think it affects my ability to exercise? 🤔

I think riannon is the very, very, definition of a privileged woman. Her whole life she’s flitted from one upper middle class cultural pursuit to another, woth seemingly no concerns about actually earning money.

in other news she lives really close to me 😂

Reactions: 3
Has she been seen with Alice Liveing since she had bubba? I thought they were really good friends and she would be straight around, obviously a pandemic makes that difficult but I haven't seen anything on her channel about them meeting up?

Reactions: 1
Ha I tried to message her about her prolapse and she gave me a non answer. Id love if she actually went into proper depth on these things rather than just alluding to something (like having a prolapse) but then not actually going into how she is adapting her life or how it is affecting her. Fair it’s not her “job” as a nutritionist but I think she’s already blurred those lines on Instagram

Does that make any difference? I have a prolapse and I don’t think it affects my ability to exercise? 🤔

I think riannon is the very, very, definition of a privileged woman. Her whole life she’s flitted from one upper middle class cultural pursuit to another, woth seemingly no concerns about actually earning money.

in other news she lives really close to me 😂
Agreed. When I had my postnatal check I was cleared to exercise at 6 weeks but was specifically asked whether I’d had a prolapse as this would have delayed getting the ‘ok’ to do exercise apparently!?

Ha. Lucky you. Maybe you could pop round for tea!

Has she been seen with Alice Liveing since she had bubba? I thought they were really good friends and she would be straight around, obviously a pandemic makes that difficult but I haven't seen anything on her channel about them meeting up?
Good point actually, no I haven’t seen them post together but didn’t Alice post about Rhi’s ebook?

Agreed. When I had my postnatal check I was cleared to exercise at 6 weeks but was specifically asked whether I’d had a prolapse as this would have delayed getting the ‘ok’ to do exercise apparently!?

Ha. Lucky you. Maybe you could pop round for tea!

Good point actually, no I haven’t seen them post together but didn’t Alice post about Rhi’s ebook?
I’m 13 weeks PP and don’t have the all clear for full exercise yet, so it’s definitely case by case and some prolapse can be more inhibiting than others

Yeah I never got cleared to exercise (after 2 sections) it just wasn’t something “officially” done. My 6 week checks were more about PND, bleeding, breastfeeding etc.

Reactions: 1
Ummm did she actually just mention having a sore throat and catching up with a friend???

Reactions: 5
Ummm did she actually just mention having a sore throat and catching up with a friend???
Exactly what I was thinking.....time to check your temp Rhi- and maybe a wee Covid test....especially since you've been larking about in the gym 🙄😳

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.