Rhitrition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t get why she’s hashtagged mummy diaries at the end of her post! Her son is what 3 months old and already two ads for two different prams! I have used the same pram for both my children and just a lightweight stroller aswell. Also she never uses it on her stories she always has him in the baby carrier!

Reactions: 1
I first found Rhi through her podcast and followed along for nutrition advice. The more I see the more I question the advice as I’m not sure she has a healthy relationship with food
She absolutely has an eating disorder. She was terrified of gaining weight in pregnancy to the point where she worked out excessively even until the end of her pregnancy. She’s dropped hints about her unhappy childhood and the fact she moved out when she was 16 but clearly she’s a deeply troubled woman.

I genuinely think she thought having a baby would be a breeze and she’s now having a rude awakening.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh look now she’s pushing the sleep consultant that every z list does ads for. I really hate all these influencers preying on sleep deprived new mums because it is all nonsense! Rhiannon’s baby is only 3 months old, and breastfed so it’s normal for him to wake at night. My first baby didn’t sleep through til about 7 months, my second slept through at 12 weeks and then stopped again a month later! I really thought as a nutritionist she would understand her baby’s need to be fed overnight!

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Oh look now she’s pushing the sleep consultant that every z list does ads for. I really hate all these influencers preying on sleep deprived new mums because it is all nonsense! Rhiannon’s baby is only 3 months old, and breastfed so it’s normal for him to wake at night. My first baby didn’t sleep through til about 7 months, my second slept through at 12 weeks and then stopped again a month later! I really thought as a nutritionist she would understand her baby’s need to be fed overnight!
I hate this too, it's normal for babies to wake up every few hours. Mine didn't sleep through 7pm-6am until they were 2.
They have so many growth spurts and development leaps that affect their sleep.

Reactions: 2
She is so privileged she just doesn't see it!....when my eldest was 14 weeks old I had to return to work full time as a nurse in a busy dialysis unit....I'd had a traumatic delivery, resulting in an emergency c section and a stay in SCBU ....we lived in a 3rd floor tenement flat ( no lift) so I had to stay with my mum for 6 weeks until I could drive as husband was on call Junior Dr (working 100+ hrs/week and no parental leave - this was the 90's)
I had a 50 mile drive/commute to work each day , yet managed to continue breastfeeding her for 10months , so had months of broken sleep....what did she think babies did?....it's incredibly unusual for bf baby to sleep through the night until they're weaned....just wait till he starts teething/ growth spurt ....then we'll get all her knowledge about weaning 🙄 ( oh and btw I weaned all 3 of mine by 5months and they're all healthy 20+year olds!) ....wonder how we survived without the internet all these expert instamums 😂

Reactions: 6
I’m not convinced she is exclusively BF (not that it matters). There’s probably something wrong with her baby if he is exclusively breast fed and sleeping that long. I suspect she is combi feeding which is absolutely fine but why not come out and be honest about it!?

Mind you no doubt she would be doing #ads for formula!!

I’m not convinced she is exclusively BF (not that it matters). There’s probably something wrong with her baby if he is exclusively breast fed and sleeping that long. I suspect she is combi feeding which is absolutely fine but why not come out and be honest about it!?

Mind you no doubt she would be doing #ads for formula!!
My 3.5 month old baby does sleep this long and is breastfed but it took a lot of trial and error with naps and feed times to get there. And I’m assuming it will all change soon anyway once he starts teething etc

I haven’t watched her stories in ages because she doesn’t come up for me much... Instagram algorithm.

is she a mummy blogger now then? I thought her Instagram was about nutrition. I don’t follow her for baby content, I’m not a mum.

I follow a lot of mummy bloggers because one day I will be one (I hope) and I love babies but I don’t her for baby content!! Especially if it’s all ads. Not helpful at all

My 3.5 month old baby does sleep this long and is breastfed but it took a lot of trial and error with naps and feed times to get there. And I’m assuming it will all change soon anyway once he starts teething etc
Lucky you and fair play! They’re all so different!

I haven’t watched her stories in ages because she doesn’t come up for me much... Instagram algorithm.

is she a mummy blogger now then? I thought her Instagram was about nutrition. I don’t follow her for baby content, I’m not a mum.

I follow a lot of mummy bloggers because one day I will be one (I hope) and I love babies but I don’t her for baby content!! Especially if it’s all ads. Not helpful at all
Lots of nutrition stuff still but also a good amount of Mummy posts eg the buggy. Genuinely don’t know how she finds so much time to post!

I know! she complains so much about having no time, but yet she has time for extra work such as a photoshoot for the pram ad.. why not just stick to the nutrition work! Her babies like what.. 3 months?

She’s just posted that Zachary was up at 3am last night which proves the point about baby sleep consultants being a bit of a waste of time?
It’s so risky giving this advice in real time, she needs to try it for a few weeks and then look back and share what worked and what didn’t

Reactions: 5
A photo of a borderline underweight person but yet the caption talks about obesity?? Misses the damn mark every time
The fact she can post herself as the image related to this caption but her two previous posts are cake recipes shows the hypocrisy of the obesity discussion in the UK

Reactions: 8
Well she posted a picture of her and her baby for black lives matter so she has form for this kind of thing! On her latest story she says Zachary was ‘late’ for his nap. He’s 3 months old! Babies that age sleep when they sleep! There’s no point trying to have routines and nap times because you will always be disappointed because guess what, the baby doesn’t know it’s ‘time’ for their nap.

Also that cookie looks horrendous!

Reactions: 8
Well she posted a picture of her and her baby for black lives matter so she has form for this kind of thing! On her latest story she says Zachary was ‘late’ for his nap. He’s 3 months old! Babies that age sleep when they sleep! There’s no point trying to have routines and nap times because you will always be disappointed because guess what, the baby doesn’t know it’s ‘time’ for their nap.

30 minutes late for his nap! As you say babies don’t have a schedule at that age. They nap and eat when they want to. She clearly just wants the baby to fit around her life - you could just tell the annoyance that he had messed up her plans!

Instead of scheduling her day she should just have the mindset of I’d like to do this today and I’ll do it when/if my baby sleeps. She would feel much better for it rather than setting herself up for failure when her baby doesn’t sleep at exactly the right time she wanted him to!

I did have to laugh when she said that. How can a 3 month old be “late”. I wonder if she would be getting a nanny if it weren’t for covid

Oh here we go with her entering the baby feeding arena. What pearls of wisdom is she going to give us I wonder.

Oh here we go with her entering the baby feeding arena. What pearls of wisdom is she going to give us I wonder.
Surely with the amount of z list celebs announcing pregnancies this market is going to reach saturation soon 🙄

Using your feeding story to sell stuff really annoys me. It’s such a sensitive subject for so many women, the least you can do is be completely authentic. To use it to sell a bottle via a company known for getting vulnerable women into debt is low. Particularly when one of the main advantages of breastfeeding is that it’s free. (I know that’s not quite true, no way could I have done it without shields but I don’t think you should take payment to sell a particular brand on a subject like this. If something really worked for you then tell people for free without monetising).

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.