Retro Flame #4 Kurry to New Yark; The Great Covid Escape.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Style influencer does not equal stylist…
I hate that outfit, it’s very office-y

Reactions: 4
Honestly I buy the odd thing from M&S because I like simple, classic shirts etc and some of their jeans are decent too, but their linen is awful! Real old-lady cuts and colours.
I'm wearing a cotton sort of peasant blouse from there right now and it's really well made, washes well etc - it's the sort of thing that would suit Erika and that would appeal to a lot of women in their thirties, but instead she's lolling around in trousers with stupid slits and a shirt styled so hard it doesn't even look like itself 😁 and kitten heel mules. Let me tell you, the state of the pavements in NYC, you'd be on your face in minutes walking those streets in kitten heel mules!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So there was a Coldplay concert and fireworks show in NYC for the end of their lockdown. A lot of the people I know from NYC were there or watching the fireworks.
But Erika didn‘t dare venture to Queens or even give us a window pick. it just hammers home that she’d may as well be at home in monochrome manor instead of wasting that visa.

Reactions: 12
So there was a Coldplay concert and fireworks show in NYC for the end of their lockdown. A lot of the people I know from NYC were there or watching the fireworks.
But Erika didn‘t dare venture to Queens or even give us a window pick. it just hammers home that she’d may as well be at home in monochrome manor instead of wasting that visa.

Ah now other than Coachella and maybe the odd token Irish gig we’ve never seen Urika at a live music event. Not really her scene is it. She’d rather pay $100 for some spaghetti in ketchup in the UES than be seen at a FREE event in QUEENS!

On a side note, did the Dorgan’s get the vaccine? I don’t follow them anymore after finding out about their political views. Wondered if they might be classic anti vaxers or maybe I’m wrong and they’ve had it.

Reactions: 7
New Thread suggestion:
Retroflame #5 King Sweets, M&S are funding an apart in the UES

Reactions: 4
The Dorgan's were at the Coldplay gig, it looked class to be fair.
Erica is such a drip, too busy packing up her Saint Laurent bag for another predictable trip away😴

Reactions: 6
I'm still in absolute shock that any Irish person could be a Trump supporter.. so don't follow Laura either.

I'm still in absolute shock that any Irish person could be a Trump supporter.. so don't follow Laura either.
you would be surprised how many Irish support him. i have some Irish NY based relatives that supported him. Mind you they wouldnt have any fears on immigration front as are all either citizens or perm residents for many years so never heard them remark on immigration issues but they were all in favour of his economic and tax policies etc. Im not NY based anymore so i dont keep track of things much over there on politics and tax etc. The dorgans had a lot of difficulty securing visas and work however he may aspire to work for Fox news which tends to have a republican slant. However, yes it is great to see they enjoyed the NY celebrations. Its a huge thing for NY considering this time last year they were in a bad way. Sure Erika wouldnt be bothered celebrating it...nothing changed for her last year over Covid, her "job" was not really affected as she worked from home anyway, continued to hang out with her friends (Kaelin & David) , continued to get free clothes and beauty products sent to her and she visited her family in Ireland despite a travel ban so all in all, she had a pretty normal year !!

Reactions: 8
On another note, any current NYers on here might answer me this...has the rule that dogs cannot travel on subway unless in a carrier type bag been lifted?? Or does that not apply to kaelin and joey because he is appatently a support animal? If so he shpuld wear a special harness to identify him as one. Didnt get to travel over in 2020 but certainly in 2019 people brought their dogs in holdalls etc to get around the rule...

Reactions: 2
Ah now other than Coachella and maybe the odd token Irish gig we’ve never seen Urika at a live music event. Not really her scene is it. She’d rather pay $100 for some spaghetti in ketchup in the UES than be seen at a FREE event in QUEENS!

On a side note, did the Dorgan’s get the vaccine? I don’t follow them anymore after finding out about their political views. Wondered if they might be classic anti vaxers or maybe I’m wrong and they’ve had it.
Why would someone’s political views bother you? Would someone’s religious views bother you?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Why would someone’s political views bother you? Would someone’s religious views bother you?
I know what you mean but at the same time, in the case of the Dorgans, it's a bit like turkeys voting for Christmas...

• Haha
I just find it bizzare because they didn't go through American life growing up, they didn't go through the recession in the states, the downtown in industrial jobs, they didn't experience any of the things that usually caused people to support Trump. It'd be very rare for an Irish person who grew up in Ireland to support Trump's ideologies. They also need fairly open visa policies to stay in the States which Trump was not for. But it just proves what they might be like as people because they probably view themselves as different to other immigrants cos they are white Irish. So yes I think their political views show what kind of people they might be 😅.

Reactions: 21
I just find it bizzare because they didn't go through American life growing up, they didn't go through the recession in the states, the downtown in industrial jobs, they didn't experience any of the things that usually caused people to support Trump. It'd be very rare for an Irish person who grew up in Ireland to support Trump's ideologies. They also need fairly open visa policies to stay in the States which Trump was not for. But it just proves what they might be like as people because they probably view themselves as different to other immigrants cos they are white Irish. So yes I think their political views show what kind of people they might be 😅.
I also know people who grew up in Ireland who now live in NY who are big trump supporters.. it always turns into an argument when discussed so now it’s not discussed among us anymore and Iv learned to accept each to their own

It’s totally different to choose your topics with rl friends/acquaintances for peace sake than to discuss someone with a public life online. I can’t support a Trump supporter and yeah it bothers me that they support someone as disgusting as him. They have no legacy attachment or small town politics to colour their views. It’s a crappy choice to make

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.