Rest in Peace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not trying to put bad luck on him or anything, but I was surprised to learn that Brian Blessed is 85 years old. I hadn't heard about him for a long time, but seems to be going strong still. He's a legend. "BRIAAAN BLESSEEDDD!!!"
My son is obsessed with Peppa Pig and Brian Blessed is the voice of Grampy Rabbit. I hear him on a daily basis and the voice always makes me laugh😂

Reactions: 6
In the late 1980s, I went to see 'Cats' at Blackpool, when it toured. Loved it so much I saw it three times that season. Brian Blessed played the boss cat, Old Deuteronomy. but anyone who has seen the musical knows that he only appears at rarer moments, even though it's a 'big' part. So, to get more time on stage (probably- him being a born show-off) and keep everyone happy during the interval, he would plonk himself on a huge tyre on the stage so people could go and chat to him/ get autographs (what we did pre-selfies). I didn't bother because he was always surrounded but thought it was pretty sweet of him. I like the guy. Some people find him a but much but the mould was broken when they made him.

Also remember him telling a story about how he befriended a wolf or something when he was on one of his expeditions. He described how they would howl together and kiss each other goodnight. Had me chuckling....dunno why that story stuck but it did.

Reactions: 5
I found this on youtube.... LEGO!

Dare I admit this was the first record I bought? (Looks like I just did!) 😳 I remember being in Woolworths with my Dad and buying it. 😁
Although if anyone ever asks my first “proper” chart single was 9 to 5 Sheena Easton. 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I was looking up deaths in 2022 and saw this list:

Reactions: 1
The dad in the Oxo adverts, Michael Redfern, has died aged 79

The Oxo ads were one of the best series of adverts, ever to be shown on television. RIP Micheal, and thank you for keeping us entertained.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh so sad,beautiful voice.https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/19436122/seekers-singer-judith-durham-dies/

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.