Remaining_hopeful #3 Robbie, Ollie & Kim.. is she bright or is she dim….

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I had my first baby I didn't know the handle of the car seat had to be up as if I crashed and car seat was ejected it would be a live saving device and roll and baby wouldn't be trapped under it. When my friend told me I admit I felt so tit in my stomach and stupid that I didn't know this. It wasn't a nice feeling to realise I had put him in danger. I've now told so many of my friends since who didn't know either and I'm glad there all doing the best to keep their kids safe.

I will never under stand people rushing through the baby stages. It all goes so quick. Oh look my big boy weaning, look my big boy sitting in high chair in his big boy pram. Let them be little.

This isn't aimed at Kim, this is in general people rushing through it all as if it makes their kids little genius or something.

Reactions: 11
When I had my first baby I didn't know the handle of the car seat had to be up as if I crashed and car seat was ejected it would be a live saving device and roll and baby wouldn't be trapped under it. When my friend told me I admit I felt so tit in my stomach and stupid that I didn't know this. It wasn't a nice feeling to realise I had put him in danger. I've now told so many of my friends since who didn't know either and I'm glad there all doing the best to keep their kids safe.

I will never under stand people rushing through the baby stages. It all goes so quick. Oh look my big boy weaning, look my big boy sitting in high chair in his big boy pram. Let them be little.

This isn't aimed at Kim, this is in general people rushing through it all as if it makes their kids little genius or something.
So true, I hate when people say my toddler isn't a baby anymore. I know he isn't but I want him to be👶I think it's an old fashioned thing wanting children to grow up as fast as possible. I also only found out about the roll bar stuff on my third baby. That's why I wouldn't be too hard on Kim thinking she knows everything but if I saw my sister on social media like that I'd be so embarrassed and having a polite word. My mother would probably have the psychiatrists at my door.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think it's such a first baby thing to want them to get through the stages fast. I didn't rush weaning or any of the other bits on my first but I remember definitely being thrilled every time we moved up a stage. Now I'm on my second and last baby I get so teary at every new stage and want him to stay little forever because I know now how fast it all goes and how you can't get it back 😭

Kim hasn’t looked happy in a long time. I do feel sorry for some of these first time mothers on Instagram, they’re so caught up with this ideal glowing pregnancy, the magical birth and the sweet baby who just sleeps and eats and then when it inevitably falls short they’re left feeling tit about themselves. Someone in her life must have her feeling like that too because how could you get that defensive that quick. Too much time lying around in her pyjamas and shoving the child into a jumperoo (nothing wrong with them but she seems to have him constantly in it), she seems lonely and could do with getting herself in order

Reactions: 7
I think it's such a first baby thing to want them to get through the stages fast. I didn't rush weaning or any of the other bits on my first but I remember definitely being thrilled every time we moved up a stage. Now I'm on my second and last baby I get so teary at every new stage and want him to stay little forever because I know now how fast it all goes and how you can't get it back 😭
We had a hard road to baby 1 she's genuinely believed she'd be the only so we didn't rush anything. Nope with no. 2, she's definitely the last so we're savoring every moment.

For such a hard road, she really doesn't seem to appreciate having a baby. She seems to always have him in containers, doesn't anywhere with him etc. I genuinely believe she had this insta perfect picture of motherhood in her head and it's harder than she thought it would be.

Kim hasn’t looked happy in a long time. I do feel sorry for some of these first time mothers on Instagram, they’re so caught up with this ideal glowing pregnancy, the magical birth and the sweet baby who just sleeps and eats and then when it inevitably falls short they’re left feeling tit about themselves. Someone in her life must have her feeling like that too because how could you get that defensive that quick. Too much time lying around in her pyjamas and shoving the child into a jumperoo (nothing wrong with them but she seems to have him constantly in it), she seems lonely and could do with getting herself in order
I'd take issue with the junperoo. Overuse can cause so many issues for them. Both my girls had hip dysplasia, varying degrees, and we were told even if their hips were fine, never put them in anything like that.

Reactions: 2
I'd take issue with the junperoo. Overuse can cause so many issues for them. Both my girls had hip dysplasia, varying degrees, and we were told even if their hips were fine, never put them in anything like that.
Like a lot of these devices, they’re absolutely fine in small doses. He shouldn’t be spending a significant portion of his day in it though!

Reactions: 2
Hopefully one of the women she’s with today will talk some sense into her about the car seat. Surely one of them knows the dangers of it.

Reactions: 3
Hopefully one of the women she’s with today will talk some sense into her about the car seat. Surely one of them knows the dangers of it.
Maybe early yet but surely she’s wondered so far how none of the other instahuns have come on to defend her? Didn’t see date with a mate or aul solo mom Lisa coming on saying go girl, no because you can’t defend forward facing a baby at this age..

Reactions: 6
She said her mother wanted to get it, but could she not have thrown in a bit herself and got a much better seat for him. 🙄
Her mother bought the milk frother aswell 😂 and she made sure to show us all the price and point out it wasn't an Aldi one!!

On a serious note though, I wouldn't offer to buy someone a car seat unless I was willing to pay the money for a good one, i couldn't have it on my conscience. I doubt Kim would be the type to worry about how much something cost when someone else is paying, but if she did as you say she could have put money with it to get a better one.

She’s very quiet today is she punishing us by not coming on?😂 or contemplating what a dick she was

• Haha
Reactions: 1
That’s what I’m hoping. Surly the rant was brought up in conversation, I find it hard to believe out of 3 of them 1 didn’t say anything.
I hope Kim puts her pride a side and put her baby’s safety first.
It pissses me off big time because obviously her brainless followers are supporting her, she has 11K+ people watching her, there could be some unfortunate new mothers watching who haven’t a clue thinking that it’s ok.

You can guarantee Kim will talk about it and everyone there will nod in agreement that all those messages were just trolling witches. I doubt that group is close enough yet to say what they really feel. I'd be half scared of Kim in a group, she's quite aggressive and rough.

Reactions: 7
Also who are these kids who she’s been minding all her life? Surely she’s not on about the aul friend with a son, she disappeared mid way through the pregnancy and has been seen maybe once since? Kim is definitely the type to think she’d be a great mother and that she knows kids because she babysat as a teenager or has a niece and nephew or two. Nothing prepares you for your own and nothing, not even being a mother yourself, makes you an expert

Reactions: 5
Also who are these kids who she’s been minding all her life? Surely she’s not on about the aul friend with a son, she disappeared mid way through the pregnancy and has been seen maybe once since? Kim is definitely the type to think she’d be a great mother and that she knows kids because she babysat as a teenager or has a niece and nephew or two. Nothing prepares you for your own and nothing, not even being a mother yourself, makes you an expert
So true. I babysat up to my 30s, worked in a Creche. Have a Montessori diploma and was hugely involved with my nieces and nephews. Having your own kid teaches you how little you actually know! We’re all just doing our best.

My son is almost 4 and rear facing all his life. Zero issues. Obviously we all know Ollie is an absolute giant of a child (🙈🤷🏻‍♀️) but I’d be fairly confident my son’s legs are longer and he’s never objected to rear facing. Kids bones are far more flexible than ours and they know no different.

I was shocked at Kim’s reaction. It makes me very curious to the other side of what happened in her work dispute. To whoever said she’d be worried about her having PND and never leaving the house.. it’s not for me to comment regarding her mental health and I’d have sympathy for anyone struggling, be it PND or otherwise. However, she has had no issue leaving the house for nights out.. influencer nights out, weddings etc.

My friend just pointed out he’s not even 6 months old yet. What the duck. Never in my life have I heard of a 5 month old forward facing. Don’t care if he’s 18 foot he is 5 months old, on solids ages and forward facing. Poor little boy.

She kept shouting she’s not stupid but she clearly really really is.
Stupid and careless.

Feel so sorry for poor baby Ollie sitting on her lap while she’s roaring shite into the phone, and he just sits there as if it’s normal, must see it often, he’s been on my mind today between that and the car seat

Reactions: 13
I’d say there’s more to her being ‘emotional’ in work and being sent home, than to be told never return. The real Kim stood up last night.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.