Remaining_hopeful #2 Eat, sleep, scan, repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m the opposite. I’ve been supported by my partner and professionals in breastfeeding but my female relatives, even those who have bf themselves have told me to ‘just give formula’ I don’t know how many times! Every little thing that’s wrong they suggest it. I’ve been told ‘don’t be a hero’, ‘baby doesn’t care’, ‘you’ve done long enough now’. I started to combi feed only when advised by professionals for weight gain (didn’t work!)
I know my relatives are only looking out for me and saw how much I struggled, how exhausted I was etc but I still can’t believe the way given formula has been thrown at me for every little thing. Last month baby started randomly biting me, ‘oh yeah that happened me, so I stopped nursing’. ‘Oh it’s probably time to stop nursing now’… I thought to myself why the f did I say anything to them! Baby stopped after a few days, a few raised ‘no’s’ from me and let him see he hurt me.
I’m Going to feed him till he’s 5 now to piss everyone off! 🤣
Petty, I love it 😂

Reactions: 3
I’m the opposite. I’ve been supported by my partner and professionals in breastfeeding but my female relatives, even those who have bf themselves have told me to ‘just give formula’ I don’t know how many times! Every little thing that’s wrong they suggest it. I’ve been told ‘don’t be a hero’, ‘baby doesn’t care’, ‘you’ve done long enough now’. I started to combi feed only when advised by professionals for weight gain (didn’t work!)
I know my relatives are only looking out for me and saw how much I struggled, how exhausted I was etc but I still can’t believe the way given formula has been thrown at me for every little thing. Last month baby started randomly biting me, ‘oh yeah that happened me, so I stopped nursing’. ‘Oh it’s probably time to stop nursing now’… I thought to myself why the f did I say anything to them! Baby stopped after a few days, a few raised ‘no’s’ from me and let him see he hurt me.
I’m Going to feed him till he’s 5 now to piss everyone off! 🤣
Sounds like my mum. Bf both. Second most recently and only a few weeks stopped. My milk did not agree with whether baby. 1st had dairy intolerance and 2nd had awful wind and my milk ran through him, presumed lactose overload. Anyway mum harping on … just give formula day in day out. If only they knew how stressful that is when you’re exhausted feeding around the clock and trying to do your best.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’ll be shot, but fair play to her admitting it’s bloody hard! No matter what way you feed, those newborn days can be tough. I never got to breastfeed my kids so I can’t say, but 5hrs of non stop feeding sounds very rough. I hope she has her village ready 🫣

Reactions: 10
I’ll be shot, but fair play to her admitting it’s bloody hard! No matter what way you feed, those newborn days can be tough. I never got to breastfeed my kids so I can’t say, but 5hrs of non stop feeding sounds very rough. I hope she has her village ready 🫣
Hopefully he's just cluster feeding and it'll calm down for her soon. I've only ever pumped and given my babies bottles of breast milk and formula, so neither really went through that feeding constantly thing. I'm quite proud of her for admitting it's difficult. Too many people do all sunshine and rainbows around BFing and we all know it's hard and exhausting.

Reactions: 6
Ah I feel sorry for her too, been there. Tearing ur hair out trying to passify baby, sore nips, feeling totally touched out and over whelmed. It's very hard to cope with in the height of exhaustion

Reactions: 5
3 weeks old and apparently has 2 teeth… is that actually possible
I mean, There’s no way. Is there? How did she notice that but your one noticed? Wonder are they just visible under the gum… my baby has had the tiniest bit of tooth poking out since 2.5 months, we were convinced it would cut soon after. Everyone said it. Well he’s now 10 months and toothless!!

Probably just visible tooth buds , my daughter was 20 weeks when she actually cut her bottom 2 but they were visible under the gum for a while before that.

Reactions: 2
he’s clearly a very hungry baby why doesn’t she top him up with a bottle of formula there’s no shame in it she’s always saying a fed baby is a happy baby or whatever why is she putting so much pressure on herself when there’s an alternative there to make it easier

3 weeks old and apparently has 2 teeth… is that actually possible
Tooth buds. My daughter has the same lip tie and her teeth were very obvious under the gum. They didn’t cut until 9 months. She’s almost 16 months and has all her teeth now! 😂

he’s clearly a very hungry baby why doesn’t she top him up with a bottle of formula there’s no shame in it she’s always saying a fed baby is a happy baby or whatever why is she putting so much pressure on herself when there’s an alternative there to make it easier
Jesus don’t let the breastfeeding brigade hear you say that! 🫣😂 I’d say there’s a few in her ear about it, I know I had several with “good intentions” pushing me on but ultimately it’s her decision 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Why is he a hungry baby? It's cluster feeding. Very normal breastfeeding behaviour

Reactions: 11
Why is he a hungry baby? It's cluster feeding. Very normal breastfeeding behaviour
I know but I mean why put such pressure on herself there’s nothing wrong with giving a bit of formula on top of breastfeeding sitting under a baby for 5 hours isn’t good for a new mam no matter what the benefits she’s saying she’s drains and exhausted so take a break and give him a bottle

I know but I mean why put such pressure on herself there’s nothing wrong with giving a bit of formula on top of breastfeeding sitting under a baby for 5 hours isn’t good for a new mam no matter what the benefits she’s saying she’s drains and exhausted so take a break and give him a bottle
Babies will still cluster feed even after having a bottle of formula. It’s normal breastfeeding behaviour. Often to increase supply.

Reactions: 5
Her supply.probably.dropped because of the night(s) of going the 6 hours without feeding/ pumping where Robbie was topping up with the hakkaa letdown milk so now the baby is cluster feeding to reestablish it. Of course there's nothing wrong with formula but if her ultimate goal is to be breastfeeding exclusively she just needs to push through the exhausting but very natural behavior. The first 6-8 weeks with breastfeeding is tough going and then for the majority of people it becomes much easier as supply settles.

Reactions: 7
Her supply.probably.dropped because of the night(s) of going the 6 hours without feeding/ pumping where Robbie was topping up with the hakkaa letdown milk so now the baby is cluster feeding to reestablish it. Of course there's nothing wrong with formula but if her ultimate goal is to be breastfeeding exclusively she just needs to push through the exhausting but very natural behavior. The first 6-8 weeks with breastfeeding is tough going and then for the majority of people it becomes much easier as supply settles.
Babies cluster feed at around 2-3 weeks and around 6 weeks due to growth spurts. Completely normal.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.