Remaining_hopeful #2 Eat, sleep, scan, repeat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I absolutely agree, you take advice where you want to and all I saw was someone saying how they were coping. If you were easily 'influenced' you may take that as advice but maybe it's just me, I only take an opinion as just that... an opinion, not advice or gospel.
The reason these people are called influencers is because yes, there are some people.. in fact lots of people who are influenced by them.

The influencers are paid to advertise products. No company would throw money at them for endorsing their product if it wasn’t having the knock on effect on increasing sales.

As I said in my comment, I know nothing about breastfeeding so I’m not referring to that. And as I also said, Kim isn’t making major money off insta but she does have 10k followers. There’s every chance there are people who are influenced by what she says and does.

Reactions: 2
Ah I get how that can look, but I dont think anyone realistically is asking her how to do it!

Interestingly, u never see mom influencers doing a formula feeding Q&A.....
Unfortunately you’ll be tarred and feathered for taking about it. If it’s seen as promotional or advertising you’ll have the breastfeeding brigade out for your blood 🙄

Reactions: 5
If the q and a is to be believed you had one follower worried that because she couldn't harvest colustrum, that she would have no milk. Kim did nothing to assure that woman .

There’s nothing wrong with giving any baby formula, but surely we are all adults and can admit it’s scientifically proven that breast milk is better for a baby.
But so is safe sleeping etc, not everyone does that either. It’s like you’re not allowed talk of the benefits of breastfeeding now because you’re shaming people that didn’t do it. So silly. You can talk about breastfeeding without even mentioning formula feeding, doing one isn’t shaming the other, but the fact is one is better for the baby. There’s no shame, it’s just a scientific fact.
If you’re happy in your decision to feed your bay whatever way you feed them then don’t be minding what anyone else does.

Also, as much as she drives me absolutely mad, she seems to be doing great, but yeah I agree she definitely shouldn’t be dishing out advice after 2 weeks, I’m nearly 3 months in and still don’t know what I’m doing half the time

• Heart
Reactions: 3
There’s nothing wrong with giving any baby formula, but surely we are all adults and can admit it’s scientifically proven that breast milk is better for a baby.
But so is safe sleeping etc, not everyone does that either. It’s like you’re not allowed talk of the benefits of breastfeeding now because you’re shaming people that didn’t do it. So silly. You can talk about breastfeeding without even mentioning formula feeding, doing one isn’t shaming the other, but the fact is one is better for the baby. There’s no shame, it’s just a scientific fact.
If you’re happy in your decision to feed your bay whatever way you feed them then don’t be minding what anyone else does.

Also, as much as she drives me absolutely mad, she seems to be doing great, but yeah I agree she definitely shouldn’t be dishing out advice after 2 weeks, I’m nearly 3 months in and still don’t know what I’m doing half the time
I disagree with ur sentiment about there being any shame around talking about the benefits of breastfeeding. I think its the approach a lot of breastfeeding moms take that irks people (and I breastfed for 6 months). There is no shame whatsoever online around breastfeeding. But formula feeders are automatically told they aren't giving their baby the best. Even the start of this post u talk about the fact we can "admit breastfeeding is better". Why does it need to be said. Like regardless, formulas are also nutritionally sound when it comes to feeding ur baby. They are literally tailored to babies needs also, but some people seem to think giving formula u may as well be pumping chemicals into the baby

Reactions: 6
I disagree with ur sentiment about there being any shame around talking about the benefits of breastfeeding. I think its the approach a lot of breastfeeding moms take that irks people (and I breastfed for 6 months). There is no shame whatsoever online around breastfeeding. But formula feeders are automatically told they aren't giving their baby the best. Even the start of this post u talk about the fact we can "admit breastfeeding is better". Why does it need to be said. Like regardless, formulas are also nutritionally sound when it comes to feeding ur baby. They are literally tailored to babies needs also, but some people seem to think giving formula u may as well be pumping chemicals into the baby
Ya I agree I was asked by loads was I breastfeeding or formula feeding ....always wondered why to be honest because I never ask that question to any mother before .... anywho this isn't a breast,/bottle feeding thread....but can we all just appreciate the fact how adorable baby Ollie is oh my god he's so cute I think Kim and Robbie as first time parents as we all were at one stage have loads to learn but I do hope they remove that cocoon thing out of the basket that is definitely not safe

Ya I agree I was asked by loads was I breastfeeding or formula feeding ....always wondered why to be honest because I never ask that question to any mother before .... anywho this isn't a breast,/bottle feeding thread....but can we all just appreciate the fact how adorable baby Ollie is oh my god he's so cute I think Kim and Robbie as first time parents as we all were at one stage have loads to learn but I do hope they remove that cocoon thing out of the basket that is definitely not safe
The amount of shame heaped on me over my inability to breastfeed and supplementing my babies was excessive.

They definitely have a lot to learn. The cocoon thing terrifies me, especially because the sides are so high and he was so close to them. I hope they remove it from the Moses basket and use it as intended.

I’m delighted her bfing journey is going well for her and she seems to be really enjoying it so far.
But she’s a brand new parent. I’m in the same boat and I wouldn’t be hosting Q and A’s about *any* aspect of parenting just yet!

I’m delighted her bfing journey is going well for her and she seems to be really enjoying it so far.
But she’s a brand new parent. I’m in the same boat and I wouldn’t be hosting Q and A’s about *any* aspect of parenting just yet!
I'm 2 kids in and still feel like I haven't got a clue most of the time 😂 I swear we're all just winging it!

• Heart
Does anyone else hate the talk of breastfeeding v bottle feeding 🤔 does anyone really give a duck how anyone else feeds their baby..

Reactions: 17
I'm 2 kids in and still feel like I haven't got a clue most of the time 😂 I swear we're all just winging it!
I’m expecting my 4th and still learning every day! 😂 it’s never ending, anyone fancy a q&a!? 🤣🤣

• Haha
Does anyone else hate the talk of breastfeeding v bottle feeding 🤔 does anyone really give a duck how anyone else feeds their baby..
Trust me. People do. I got a lot of it when I hadn't the supply to breastfeed. People really care. My general attitude has always been that it's none of my business how someone else feeds their baby as long as baby is fed.

I’m expecting my 4th and still learning every day! 😂 it’s never ending, anyone fancy a q&a!? 🤣🤣
It doesn't help that every kid is so different. Second baby has been so different to first that I feel like a brand new parent all over again 😂

Reactions: 1
The amount of shame heaped on me over my inability to breastfeed and supplementing my babies was excessive.

They definitely have a lot to learn. The cocoon thing terrifies me, especially because the sides are so high and he was so close to them. I hope they remove it from the Moses basket and use it as intended.
I get what you mean I chose not to breastfeed either of my babies and I was asked why by loads simple answer was because I didn't want to but don't understand why we are made to feel ashamed because it definitely happens

I hate it to be honest I couldn't give a flying duck how anyone feeds their child like who cares so much about that stuff I never understand it .....but I do think some of the instahuns/mammies just do it to outdo each other .... breastfeeding week. ...what is that all about what about bottle feeding week are us mother's as important to 🤣
The reason these people are called influencers is because yes, there are some people.. in fact lots of people who are influenced by them.

The influencers are paid to advertise products. No company would throw money at them for endorsing their product if it wasn’t having the knock on effect on increasing sales.

As I said in my comment, I know nothing about breastfeeding so I’m not referring to that. And as I also said, Kim isn’t making major money off insta but she does have 10k followers. There’s every chance there are people who are influenced by what she says and does.
But she has said loads through that q&a that she is just going of her experience....she's not shoving it down anyone's throat to be fair ....

Trust me. People do. I got a lot of it when I hadn't the supply to breastfeed. People really care. My general attitude has always been that it's none of my business how someone else feeds their baby as long as baby is fed.

It doesn't help that every kid is so different. Second baby has been so different to first that I feel like a brand new parent all over again 😂
Second born child definitely hit different here to 🙈 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Unfortunately people care way too much how you choose to feed! I've bf all mine and tbh I only talk about it when asked as I couldn't be listening to peoples shite. I have always found that most who ask have a judgement in their back pocket ready to duck at you.. I deliberately don't ask people!

I got tit sick of being asked, then saying I bf and being told it's a waste of time, why bother, you'll never get any sleep.. like duck off!

I would never say to a formula feeding parent "why wouldn't you bf? It's a pity baby won't get the antibodies"

Why wouldn't I say that? Because it's an asshole thing to say and also because I really don't feckin care how other people choose to parent once it's safe. I've enough tit going on under my own roof to worry about!

Reactions: 15
My baby was allergic to the lactose in the breastmilk, developed colitis and everything, and the amount of shaming and false smiling I got from the district nurse until I told her that my baby had started to produce bloody stools was crazy. I was insane as far she was concerned, or not trying hard enough, but the second she realized that there was something wrong she changed her tune completely. They had no problem with my baby developing rashes and pustules and crying everytime they came near me though. I find the "breastfeeding at all costs" brigade very annoying. I don't think Kim is in that camp but I worry that people can get brainwashed into thinking that anything other than breastfeeding with a perfect latch is a failure. Even when I tried to use the bottle with my breastmilk initially, and told them I was using a pump after the first week they told me off. At a certain point I remembered I was a grown woman and told them to back off, but I'm ashamed to say it took me a long time, and I think we're all in a very vulnerable state as new moms, so any influencers should be very careful about what they put out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My baby was allergic to the lactose in the breastmilk, developed colitis and everything, and the amount of shaming and false smiling I got from the district nurse until I told her that my baby had started to produce bloody stools was crazy. I was insane as far she was concerned, or not trying hard enough, but the second she realized that there was something wrong she changed her tune completely. They had no problem with my baby developing rashes and pustules and crying everytime they came near me though. I find the "breastfeeding at all costs" brigade very annoying. I don't think Kim is in that camp but I worry that people can get brainwashed into thinking that anything other than breastfeeding with a perfect latch is a failure. Even when I tried to use the bottle with my breastmilk initially, and told them I was using a pump after the first week they told me off. At a certain point I remembered I was a grown woman and told them to back off, but I'm ashamed to say it took me a long time, and I think we're all in a very vulnerable state as new moms, so any influencers should be very careful about what they put out there.
I had a similar issue with a phn as well. I was the exact same as in I remembered I was a grown woman and told them to back off ! But your feeling so vulnerable after getting birth , it’s hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I had a similar issue with a phn as well. I was the exact same as in I remembered I was a grown woman and told them to back off ! But your feeling so vulnerable after getting birth , it’s hard.
I was very lucky with ours. My supply was terrible and I was pumping, taking supplements and medications to try get it up. Her exact words to me were 'Remember, you need to enjoy her too. If it's stressing you out too much to keep doing all this and take care of her, you need to assess how worth it it is'. She was so right. I was killing myself because I felt guilty about not having a supply and had a bunch of pressure from MIL and all I was doing was taking hours a day away from spending time with my baby while attached to the pump for very little breast milk.

I’m grateful that I haven’t faced any backlash in my choice to bottle feed- it’s mainly down to my having MS and deciding that the toll of Bfing was too great on me.
I’d rather be well and healthy for my son and he be bottle fed!

• Heart
I’m the opposite. I’ve been supported by my partner and professionals in breastfeeding but my female relatives, even those who have bf themselves have told me to ‘just give formula’ I don’t know how many times! Every little thing that’s wrong they suggest it. I’ve been told ‘don’t be a hero’, ‘baby doesn’t care’, ‘you’ve done long enough now’. I started to combi feed only when advised by professionals for weight gain (didn’t work!)
I know my relatives are only looking out for me and saw how much I struggled, how exhausted I was etc but I still can’t believe the way given formula has been thrown at me for every little thing. Last month baby started randomly biting me, ‘oh yeah that happened me, so I stopped nursing’. ‘Oh it’s probably time to stop nursing now’… I thought to myself why the f did I say anything to them! Baby stopped after a few days, a few raised ‘no’s’ from me and let him see he hurt me.
I’m Going to feed him till he’s 5 now to piss everyone off! 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.