Rebekah Vardy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's not learned her lesson has she? Becky, Becky, Becky, we all know you're a bleep, it was played out in court.

Reactions: 9
I don’t get it ? Just because she sent a message doesn’t mean anything she is saying is true
The message above is ignored

She is proper disgusting

Reactions: 4
Am I missing something? What has Annie Kilner and her life got to do with Rebecca Vardy? She’s a has been WAG married to a footballer whose career is pretty much over. How embarrassing she’s a mother?!? Why does she keep posting stuff I honestly don’t understand?

Reactions: 8
Rebekah is fronting a Channel 4 documentary exposing Jehovah’s Witnesses as she grew up in the cult. It’s on at 10pm on 16th May.
No matter your feelings on her I really hope the audience appreciates the programme as it deals with child sexual abuse & suicide.

Reactions: 2
That’s the most cynical PR move ever imo. Saying she was sexually abused does not make her morally virtuous and does not negate all the wrong she has done to others.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
That’s the most cynical PR move ever imo. Saying she was sexually abused does not make her morally virtuous and does not negate all the wrong she has done to others.
No it doesn’t but the article & programme aren’t all about her. It’s aim is to expose the wrongdoings & cover ups of the Jehovah’s Witness religion in relation to child sexual abuse & shunning.

Reactions: 1
I do believe it happened and it is right that justice was served to her on that particular case however the documentary and the newspaper articles are a damage control PR stunt from her imo to get the public back on side. She knows how much she is hated and probably needs the money. Doesn't negate her lying / slandering and meddling in other people's business though. She's still a nasty piece of work in my eyes

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I'm reading a lot of comments online about how awful Rebekah Vardy is and who can believe her, and people wishing it wasn't her fronting the documentary about the Jehovah's Witnesses covering up child abuse.

Regardless of whether you like Vardy or not, and regardless of whether she should be defined as a good/bad person because of what's she's known for, it shouldn't impact the sympathy we feel for any victim of abuse.

Vardy did experience sexual abuse as a child, and was shamed for it, and was stopped from getting support and stopped from talking to the police. This is horrendous and has been deeply traumatic for her.

She is deserving of our sympathy and of our support.

We don't get to choose victims we like, victims who are nice, and victims who fit the perfect picture we think of when we think of a victim. Sometimes victims of abuse are unkind, unlikeable, and are everything else any human can be. Because abuse can happen to anyone. And abuse can deeply impact how you interact with others for the rest of your life.

As human beings, everyone who has been abused should have the right to not be abused, to be believed when they ask for support, and to be supported. We should never supplement that with 'but only if you're nice and I like you'.

Reactions: 1
I'm reading a lot of comments online about how awful Rebekah Vardy is and who can believe her, and people wishing it wasn't her fronting the documentary about the Jehovah's Witnesses covering up child abuse.

Regardless of whether you like Vardy or not, and regardless of whether she should be defined as a good/bad person because of what's she's known for, it shouldn't impact the sympathy we feel for any victim of abuse.

Vardy did experience sexual abuse as a child, and was shamed for it, and was stopped from getting support and stopped from talking to the police. This is horrendous and has been deeply traumatic for her.

She is deserving of our sympathy and of our support.

We don't get to choose victims we like, victims who are nice, and victims who fit the perfect picture we think of when we think of a victim. Sometimes victims of abuse are unkind, unlikeable, and are everything else any human can be. Because abuse can happen to anyone. And abuse can deeply impact how you interact with others for the rest of your life.

As human beings, everyone who has been abused should have the right to not be abused, to be believed when they ask for support, and to be supported. We should never supplement that with 'but only if you're nice and I like you'.
I do get what you are saying.
But. She is responsible for how she has behaved as an adult and she only has herself to blame for the publics perception of her.
It's like the boy who cried wolf.
She dragged Colleen through a very public court trial. She lost. Even after losing she showed absolutely no remorse for her victim and has never admitted she was in the wrong.
As you really surprised that people are rolling their eyes .... "here she goes again" ? I'm not.
And that's on her.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I do get what you are saying.
But. She is responsible for how she has behaved as an adult and she only has herself to blame for the publics perception of her.
It's like the boy who cried wolf.
She dragged Colleen through a very public court trial. She lost. Even after losing she showed absolutely no remorse for her victim and has never admitted she was in the wrong.
As you really surprised that people are rolling their eyes .... "here she goes again" ? I'm not.
And that's on her.
What happened to her as a child has nothing to do with how she behaved as an adult. There are records of when she told her mother & the church so it can be proved she was telling the truth. Why would she still be telling the same lie more than 25 years later?

Having zero or little empathy for a victim of child abuse, when it wasn’t their fault, is actually quite sickening. We all make mistakes as adults but as children we trust adults to protect us.

I’m actually appalled at some comments I’ve read online today about her. CSA is not acceptable to be trolled over, ever.

Reactions: 2
What happened to her as a child has nothing to do with how she behaved as an adult. There are records of when she told her mother & the church so it can be proved she was telling the truth. Why would she still be telling the same lie more than 25 years later?

Having zero or little empathy for a victim of child abuse, when it wasn’t their fault, is actually quite sickening. We all make mistakes as adults but as children we trust adults to protect us.

I’m actually appalled at some comments I’ve read online today about her. CSA is not acceptable to be trolled over, ever.
I never said she was lying. I never said I have no empathy for her.

What I am saying is I can understand people rolling their eyes with the "here she goes again" story.
After her and Colleen's court case she still tried to play the victim. She had no empathy for her victim. So I can understand why some might not have much for her.
Not saying I don't, I'm saying I can understand people's perspective.

• Heart
Reactions: 12