Real Life Crime and Murder #4 goss

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my love don’t apologise it’s an easy mistake to make! Ch4 news ran his mug shot and it’s in the mail today, I’m putting it behind a spoiler because I don’t think he deserves the attention or notoriety and as always RIP Sarah xx

A weird thing to speculate on so apologies but does anyone else think surely this can’t have been his first murder? I get that he worked for the police so would know how to be forensically deceptive but just struggle to believe you could go from nothing to everything I read yesterday, renting a car out and covering it in plastic etc etc?!
I've been thinking the same thing. It's a terrible thing to say but I strongly suspect there might be other victims of his that got away. If so, then I hope they feel safe now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I read something this morning that Couzens had been accused of exposing himself as far back as 2015.

and that 12 officers conduct is being looked into.

Reactions: 6
Some court evidence, such as CCTV of his movements, has also been made public and will be available for a short period. Not sure if the link is included in that release but I think I may still have it.

Edit
This happened in my part of London so it surprised me that he was arrested in S. London because the open space is not somewhere one would visit at random. Of course, the link was his grandparents house, we now know.

The only other thing I noticed was that the handwriting on the note changes. There looks to be two different styles.
Where did you read this?

Personally I would be surprised if WC had committed other murders but I think there’s probably been stuff like sexual assaults on sex workers and the Eastern European gang story may not be entirely untrue. Not the part about them asking him to deliver a girl but I expect he’s perhaps had run ins at brothels with pimps etc. We also only know about the flashing incidents that are being investigated. There’s probably a lot more that went unreported.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don't know if he has committed other murders, I definitely think he's committed more sex attacks than we know about, particularly now we know about his visits to sex workers, but he made a lot of mistakes which makes me think this was his first time (I do think he would have committed more if he wasn't caught though)

Reactions: 7
Screenshot_20210710-105527_Daily Mail Online.jpg
as I previously said when this came out it implied he had abused her daughter. I'd happily take the sentence she had if this turns out to be true.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
like sexual assaults on sex workers and the Eastern European gang story may not be entirely untrue.
Agree completely. Was speaking about this with a friend this morning and he’d have had access to / known of very vulnerable potential victims like (illegally trafficked) sex workers who aren’t as noticeable when they go missing? I know it’s not the 80s anymore so Karen doesn’t leave Yorkshire for London and mum only raises the alarm when she’s not heard from her 6 months later but if it’s not known someone’s in the country and they disappear, will their pimps go to the police? I know this is very TV but I hope they go over that with a fine tooth comb.

Was glad to hear Cressida Dick saying they’re looking more seriously at police officers who commit DV. Why it’s not an instant suspension is beyond me.

View attachment 656179as I previously said when this came out it implied he had abused her daughter. I'd happily take the sentence she had if this turns out to be true.
Poor woman, I know it’s bad but good on her.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Agree completely. Was speaking about this with a friend this morning and he’d have had access to / known of very vulnerable potential victims like (illegally trafficked) sex workers who aren’t as noticeable when they go missing? I know it’s not the 80s anymore so Karen doesn’t leave Yorkshire for London and mum only raises the alarm when she’s not heard from her 6 months later but if it’s not known someone’s in the country and they disappear, will their pimps go to the police? I know this is very TV but I hope they go over that with a fine tooth comb.

Was glad to hear Cressida Dick saying they’re looking more seriously at police officers who commit DV. Why it’s not an instant suspension is beyond me.

Poor woman, I know it’s bad but good on her.
You say it’s very TV but it’s a sad reality for thousands of trafficked women isn’t it 😔 I dare say he has abused his position of power in the past with things like that. Scumbag.

• Heart
You say it’s very TV but it’s a sad reality for thousands of trafficked women isn’t it 😔 I dare say he has abused his position of power in the past with things like that. Scumbag.
Sorry still going on but even the fact he has land is weird to me? What is that currently used for, I really hope they’re checking it for disturbances to the soil. The fact he left her 100 foot from that land is bizarre - was he interrupted, needed to get home to wife ASAP, cocky, did he want to be involved in the investigation under a legitimate guise of having to give them access to his land, like wtf is that about?!

I don't know if he has committed other murders, I definitely think he's committed more sex attacks than we know about, particularly now we know about his visits to sex workers, but he made a lot of mistakes which makes me think this was his first time (I do think he would have committed more if he wasn't caught though)
Men who murder almost always have a long history of domestic violence. I’d bet money that WC also has a long history of abusing his partners, which then escalated to using/abusing prostitutes, then indecent exposure/sexual assaults, then murder. It’s such a well-trodden trajectory. Opportunities to apprehend him will have been missed. Sickening.

• Heart
Men who murder almost always have a long history of domestic violence. I’d bet money that WC also has a long history of abusing his partners, which then escalated to using/abusing prostitutes, then indecent exposure/sexual assaults, then murder. It’s such a well-trodden trajectory. Opportunities to apprehend him will have been missed. Sickening.
I read an article on the daily fail about the wife and she says he’s never been violent or anything like that. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t been violent outside of the home or with partners prior to her though.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I read an article on the daily fail about the wife and she says he’s never been violent or anything like that. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t been violent outside of the home or with partners prior to her though.
I read an article about a school friend as apparently he was a bit of a bully at school but then got beaten up and ended up in intensive care.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Yep! Pretty sure Peter Sutcliffe’s wife sung his praises as a husband, think they remained married and she remained in the family home & even visited him. I know he claimed insanity at some point though so maybe she felt compelled to stand by him.

Reactions: 3
Sorry still going on but even the fact he has land is weird to me? What is that currently used for, I really hope they’re checking it for disturbances to the soil. The fact he left her 100 foot from that land is bizarre - was he interrupted, needed to get home to wife ASAP, cocky, did he want to be involved in the investigation under a legitimate guise of having to give them access to his land, like wtf is that about?!
The land thing was weird to me too media reports say it’s a small patch and that he and the wife bought it together, for what though?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The land thing was weird to me too media reports say it’s a small patch and that he and the wife bought it together, for what though?
I’m sure I read it was used as a burial plot for family ashes?!

View attachment 656179as I previously said when this came out it implied he had abused her daughter. I'd happily take the sentence she had if this turns out to be true.
It says in that article that her son had milled himself because of sexual abuse he had suffered....then her daughter said both herself and her brother had been abused by the husband which is why she did it. So very sad.

This is the article that mentions the land

Last edited:
  • Sad
I’m sure I read it was used as a burial plot for family ashes?!

It says in that article that her son had milled himself because of sexual abuse he had suffered....then her daughter said both herself and her brother had been abused by the husband which is why she did it. So very sad.

This is the article that mentions the land
Yes I read that but when this first made the news no mention of her son only her daughter.... didn't say it was sexual abuse but implied it. Had a feeling weeks ago she attacked him for serial abuse against her daughter. And tbh hats off her too. I'd probably do the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
His kids had a youtube channel up at the time of the murder (not sure if it's still available). In one of their videos, you can hear the dad RAGING from another room, clearly unaware he was being recorded. I can't imagine being the target. It was proper scary. The kids both paused, said something like, "oh that's just dad", then continued on as if it were normal.

Their normal might not be what we think is normal.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.