Real Life Crime and Murder #4 goss

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished the Sophie: a murder in West Cork doc, they really made Schull look as bleak and desolate as possible 🤣
Terrible crime and very sad for her family. As Irish expats, we had some real belly laugh moments watching it at the sheer ridiculousness of Ian Bailey and the whole investigation. They really dredged the barrel with the people they got on to talk.

By chance I was speaking to my Mum in Ireland who was the same age as Sophie and followed the case intently at the time and she said there’s no doubt in her mind that he did it.

Reactions: 8
Genetic Genealogy is astounding
It's definitely the way forward.

I have to say, and it probably makes me sound like a right twit but here goes - I am so proud that DNA was discovered here in the UK and all the amazing things it's gone on to do.

I highly recommend The Jane Doe Murders which I saw Sky Crime have managed to get hold of (it's an Oxygen show in the USA) It's hosted by of the ladies from Cold Justice, Yolanda McClary - she was involved in the first three seasons and I miss her! She's a former SOCO and has also featured on The DNA of Murder with Paul Holes (seven episodes where he solves absolutely nothing but I still watched it 😂) Anyway, The Jane Doe Murders is an excellent watch. It's a one off but I really hope they make more.

This one made national headlines when it happened last year. What a terrible, terrible waste 😞

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Agree Jane Doe is an excellent watch, very sad example of how families fracture down the generations.

Just finished the Sophie: a murder in West Cork doc, they really made Schull look as bleak and desolate as possible 🤣
Terrible crime and very sad for her family. As Irish expats, we had some real belly laugh moments watching it at the sheer ridiculousness of Ian Bailey and the whole investigation. They really dredged the barrel with the people they got on to talk.

By chance I was speaking to my Mum in Ireland who was the same age as Sophie and followed the case intently at the time and she said there’s no doubt in her mind that he did it.
But what about the gate like how did the guards lose it? And why didn’t they ask the detective that was talking on it about it

Reactions: 1
WTF about losing the gate. My hubby nearly fell off the sofa when he said they thought it must have been a sex crazed farmer who did it 🙈
I thought it was quite interesting that she had been spooked by what she had seen at the ruins that day and the local legends around it. The comment that had she visited an Irish person and told them that they would never have left her go home

Does anyone posting here work within the Criminal Justice System? Or any job relating to crime?

My dream since a teen was to become a Criminal Profiler, and somehow join the FBI and be the next Clarice (silence of the lambs). But obviously, being in the UK that didnt happen. I studied Criminology as my BA, but then did my MA in Social Work and that is my profession. But i would absolutely love to go back and do something related to forensic psychology. I would even love to work as a detective and i saw there is a possible route for this (in the uk).

Sorry if that was a little off topic, i am just nosey and if anyone does work in those fields then i am so jealous!

Also, one of the best books i have ever read relating to the West's is called "Happy like murderers" . It is very interesting and well worth a read if you havent already read it :)
There is the National Detective Programme which by the sounds of it you have all the requirements for - https://www.policenow.org.uk/national-detective-programme/ Check on your local Police Force website, as they advertise quite a lot of expressions of interest/job openings are on there.

I used to work in the police as a Domestic Abuse Caseworker, so Police Staff not Police Officer. I loved the job and due to the wider team I was in, I got to hear all about the in's and out's of crime going on in the city I lived in. I left as I was suffering from PTSD due to it triggering my own abusive relationship over 15 years ago and my manager was very unsupportive. I really miss it but I have to leave for my own sanity.

• Sad
WTF about losing the gate. My hubby nearly fell off the sofa when he said they thought it must have been a sex crazed farmer who did it 🙈
I thought it was quite interesting that she had been spooked by what she had seen at the ruins that day and the local legends around it. The comment that had she visited an Irish person and told them that they would never have left her go home
😂😂😂😂
Apparently pages had been torn out of the book of evidence too
I saw a few comments on Facebook about guards that are now deceased having something to do with it

😂😂😂😂
Apparently pages had been torn out of the book of evidence too
I saw a few comments on Facebook about guards that are now deceased having something to do with it
Oh really! The whole town seemed completely bonkers as depicted in that documentary. It was trending here in Australia last night and I was slightly embarrassed that this was the depiction of Ireland!
There’s just not many murders like that these days hey....is it that 25 years on, people are more concerned about being caught due to technologies in DNA/ phones pinging locations etc that it has become a deterrent.

Did you watch the Netflix one or the now tv/sky one? I feel the Netflix one definitely portrayed him as guilty but not so much the now tv one.. I’m still torn I can’t decide if I think he’s innocent or guilty, a lot of tit doesn’t add up but one minute I’m thinking it had to be him and a second later I’m thinking maybe not 🙉

I've been watching and reading up on Meredith Kercher\Amanda Knox and would love to know what other people think?

Reactions: 2
I've been watching and reading up on Meredith Kercher\Amanda Knox and would love to know what other people think?
I’m very unsure about her having anything to do with it but she acted bizarrely following poor Meredith’s murder. I mean who does a handstand in a police station?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Did you watch the Netflix one or the now tv/sky one? I feel the Netflix one definitely portrayed him as guilty but not so much the now tv one.. I’m still torn I can’t decide if I think he’s innocent or guilty, a lot of tit doesn’t add up but one minute I’m thinking it had to be him and a second later I’m thinking maybe not 🙉
I feel exactly the same

Me too

I feel exactly the same

Me too
[QUOTE="Bomfi, post: 5471237, member: 135654"

Will we ever know.. I don’t think so! Why the hell did he tell some people he did it.. he is a very peculiar man.. he definitely didn’t help himself with his strange ways.. but where did the gate go.. why won’t Maria Farrell tell who she was with that night.. I read somewhere that it was a guard she was with]

Reactions: 2
I’m very unsure about her having anything to do with it but she acted bizarrely following poor Meredith’s murder. I mean who does a handstand in a police station?
In my opinion so much of the evidence points to Rudy Guede, but the Netflix documentary is really biased towards knoxs innocence so would love to watch something impartial.

Reactions: 4
[QUOTE="Bomfi, post: 5471237, member: 135654"

Will we ever know.. I don’t think so! Why the hell did he tell some people he did it.. he is a very peculiar man.. he definitely didn’t help himself with his strange ways.. but where did the gate go.. why won’t Maria Farrell tell who she was with that night.. I read somewhere that it was a guard she was with]
Yeah I read that as well and that’s why she won’t reveal who it is. Like unless it was the local priest why else would she keep so quiet about it. It seems to all point to him until you think about the missing evidence the gate….. a bottle of wine apparently and a hatchet. If as Sophie’s family have said that she was meant to be meeting up with Ian Bailey on that trip….. how did they arrange the meeting? Was it by phone because they were in different countries.

Yeah I read that as well and that’s why she won’t reveal who it is. Like unless it was the local priest why else would she keep so quiet about it. It seems to all point to him until you think about the missing evidence the gate….. a bottle of wine apparently and a hatchet. If as Sophie’s family have said that she was meant to be meeting up with Ian Bailey on that trip….. how did they arrange the meeting? Was it by phone because they were in different countries.
A lot of things don’t add up

bit more info in this story. very complex family background.

She didn’t report the 4 year old missing until 11am?! Something not right there. That poor little Angel, just horrific 😞

The plot thickens.🤔
“Security cameras at the scene have also proved useless as they were either faulty or had no memory cards.”

Hmmm 🤔

Forensics: The Real CSI is on BBC 2 on Tuesday at 9pm for anyone interested

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.