Real Life Crime and Murder #4 goss

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did we ever find out who the pop star accused of domestic violence was??

Also a case that fascinates me I can’t remember his name but the guy that went missing from the airport he was on holiday with friends and they left him he ran out of the airport never seen again

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I am really not looking forward to the day I get called for Jury Service. I would hate to have to see evidence presented. I’m not good with seeing bad injuries/wounds which I assume you’d see if it was a murder/assault case.

Then there’s the obvious pweirdo cases. I really hope they don’t show the evidence as it would be revolting but I don’t know how else they would prove guilt?

Probably off topic so sorry!
Oh, I absolutely loved it. All my other jurors thought I was weird 😅 and just saw it an inconvenience but I felt like I'd been waiting my whole life for the calling ever since I saw an episode of Murder, She Wrote when I was about eight and JB was a juror - it was the first episode I ever watched and it is still my favourite. Honestly, I would be a full time juror if I could 😂 The dream would be to get called again and to The Old Bailey this time. Maybe I am weird 🤔🤣

I think they use a lot of computer generic imagery in murder cases these days.

Not for certain but I think all indications were it was Dizzy Rascal from the little I read on the thread on here about it. What a tragic loss to the music world that would be 😏

Last edited:

Also a case that fascinates me I can’t remember his name but the guy that went missing from the airport he was on holiday with friends and they left him he ran out of the airport never seen again
Yes Kendall rae did the airport guy didn’t she? Really weird

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Tia Sharpe - some children don't stand a chance in a life .

Murdered by her step grandad who was once also her step dad.

I remember hoping that she had run away. I never dreamed it would turn out as horrific as it did.
I remember this one so clearly as it was so close to home for me at the time. He was arrested not far from where I used to live growing up, like roads away. I remember seeing her funeral procession going past my house. She was so young, and I cannot believe how long it took the police to find her body considering they had already searched the loft several times.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
It was also heard that a schoolgirl who had lured Olly to the park where he was ambushed had told him to wear sliders and sent his attackers a voicenote saying she was 'kind of scared'.

Prosecutors today suggested Olly would not have worn such casual footwear if he knew what he was walking into.
That’s such cruelty. He wouldn’t have been able to run away well. What has happened to this girl to think this is the way to behave and treat people and deal with your problems?

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Oh, I absolutely loved it. All my other jurors thought I was weird 😅 and just saw it an inconvenience but I felt like I'd been waiting my whole life for the calling ever since I saw an episode of Murder, She Wrote when I was about eight and JB was a juror - it was the first episode I ever watched and it is still my favourite. Honestly, I would be a full time juror if I could 😂 The dream would be to get called again and to The Old Bailey this time. Maybe I am weird 🤔🤣

Not for certain but I think all indications were it was Dizzy Rascal from the little I read on the thread on here about it. What a tragic loss to the music world that would be 😏
i got called up for jury service moreless as soon as i turned 18 ! I absolutely loved it too..it was fascinating , seeing how the defense and protection teams work and how they question the witnesses and defendants.
That was nearly 30 years I'd love to do it again but havent been called since

• Heart
Reactions: 7
On the note of jury duty I have a close relative who has done jury duty three times
- 1 murder, 1 battery and rape and 1 involving the death of a very young child. That last case broke them as photographic evidence was shown to the jury, along with very graphic statements. No-one on the jury was offered counselling and the judge advised that none of them would be called up again due to the nature of the case.

My relative has very rarely spoken about the case. It was reported on so I was able to read up on it for myself. Personally that makes me *never* want to sit on a jury if I can avoid it.

• Sad
On the note of jury duty I have a close relative who has done jury duty three times
- 1 murder, 1 battery and rape and 1 involving the death of a very young child. That last case broke them as photographic evidence was shown to the jury, along with very graphic statements. No-one on the jury was offered counselling and the judge advised that none of them would be called up again due to the nature of the case.

My relative has very rarely spoken about the case. It was reported on so I was able to read up on it for myself. Personally that makes me *never* want to sit on a jury if I can avoid it.
I would have to refuse jury duty if it was anything to do with children. I'd rather do six months in the clink

Reactions: 2
Are you able to refuse jury duty if it’s about a subject you’ve got past traumatic experience with? I would like to do it but I think I’d really struggle with anything to do with child abuse. A small part of me thinks it would be great to help decide that someone is guilty if they’ve committed that sort of crime but equally I don’t think I’d be able to sit through that sort of evidence having been through it myself.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Are you able to refuse jury duty if it’s about a subject you’ve got past traumatic experience with? I would like to do it but I think I’d really struggle with anything to do with child abuse. A small part of me thinks it would be great to help decide that someone is guilty if they’ve committed that sort of crime but equally I don’t think I’d be able to sit through that sort of evidence having been through it myself.
Well, you go into a big pool of jurors on the first day and then wait for your name to be called. That's when you find out what the case is about that you'd be sitting on. At that point, I believe you could ask the judge to excuse you and you'd have to state why like when jurors know one of the defendants or witnesses. Personally, given your past history, I don't think in all fairness you could be impartial and listen to all the evidence calmly and rationally putting emotions aside (understandably) as you are urged to do in such cases.

I'm sorry that this happened to you ♥

Last edited:
You won’t be allocated your case until you’ve already appeared for duty and wouldn’t be able to refuse because you didn’t like the case. You can get out for a while with an excuse but will probably be compelled to attend eventually

Edited to add you can put forward a reason as to why you can’t be a good juror for that case, but very much based on the effect on your judgement as opposed to not wanting to

I was called up for jury service last year but was cancelled due to the pandemic. I'm so fascinated by the courts/criminal justice system that I am desperate to be called back up again!

Reactions: 8
Is anyone following the case of Noah Donohoe from Belfast? Something is hugely amiss. Noah was 14 years old and went missing last year on the way to meet his friend. He had been seen cycling naked through the city and the police theory was that he’d fallen and hit his head and disregarded his clothes in a disorientated state. After a massive search operation his naked body was found days later in a storm drain. Police claimed drowning as the cause of death and stated no foul play. The family have always been adamant there was more to it and rumours have been flying locally from the start that Noah was murdered.
New info has come out last week that a prisoner has come forward claiming that his cell mate had admitted to abducting and murdering Noah. There seems to be some huge cover up going on.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Wayne Couzens back in court tomorrow according to The Old Bailing listings (this is before what was his next scheduled date of 9th July)

296AEEFB-A604-4E8E-B633-BA85FCB8324C.jpeg

Reactions: 9
What does it mean ‘order made under contempt of court act’? Has he contempted (I know that’s not a real word but I can’t think of the right phrase) the court?
I think in this case it's a reporting restriction - ie the press will be in contempt if they report anything outside what the judge says they can and must report it fairly. But I'm really not sure.

This is the act it relates to:

The other order seems to relate to pre trial hearings from what I can see.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

I am waiting for the day I get called as well with eagerness. Practically everyone I know has done it, some more than once. I think someone must be crossing my name off the list because I actually want to do it! 🤣

• Heart
I listened to the redhanded podcast on the Soham murders in the car earlier and I was surprised (as were the girls) that Maxine Carr was only the 4th person in the UK to be given lifelong anonymity. Since then there’s been a further 2. Not sure I agree with Maxine being granted it though, the other 5 were all children at the time they committed crimes.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.