Real Life Crime and Murder #4 goss

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone watched "I Love You Now Die" about the death of Conrad Roy? I remember hearing about it at the time but the show goes in to a good amount of detail.

Reactions: 8
Has anyone watched "I Love You Now Die" about the death of Conrad Roy? I remember hearing about it at the time but the show goes in to a good amount of detail.
Yes. I found it really interesting because I had watched another documentary prior to that which was very one sided and just made the girl look like a bully. But this one really opened my eyes to the situation and I felt deeply sad for her. IMO she shouldn’t have been found guilty for manslaughter.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes. I found it really interesting because I had watched another documentary prior to that which was very one sided and just made the girl look like a bully. But this one really opened my eyes to the situation and I felt deeply sad for her. IMO she shouldn’t have been found guilty for manslaughter.
I felt the same. That girl was struggling herself and was not equipped to be dealing with his mental ill health as well. Very sad story all round.

Reactions: 4
The case of Bobbie Jo Stinnett is a very hard case.

A woman named Lisa Montogomery had previous history of faking pregnancies with her second husband and she was pretending to be pregnant once again and even going as far as using those bump pads.

She struck up a friendship with Bobbi jo on a dog breeding forum and Bobbi was a well known breeder but was also expecting a baby and they both bonded over being pregnant and their love of dogs. Several members were already weary of Lisa as she had been caught out in lies before, but at the same time who cares?

As the months went on Lisa got worried as she had to produce a baby somehow, so she made a fake appointment under an alias with Bobbi. Told her husband she was meeting Up with friends and family. Drove to Bobbi’s state. Then when she got there she forced her way in, beat up and strangled a heavily pregnant Bobbi until she was unconscious and cut the baby out Bobbis abdomen. Bobbis autopsy showed she was still alive during the csection and even after it.

Lisa took the baby, drove back to her state, told her husband she gave birth whilst she was out of town in a women’s clinic. Her husband was surprised there was even a baby and said before she had a history of faking pregnancies.

The FBI ended up doing an amber alert on the car that Lisa was driving and they traced it back to her. When they found her she was already having the brand new day old baby outside and at church showing the baby off like a toy. They questioned her on where she had given birth (they already knew it was her) and they caught her out because they told her that women’s clinic has no record of you and that we know you’re the woman who was speaking to Bobbi online.

The crime was so horrific that she was the first woman executed by the federal government in 70 years and I think she was executed January of this year.

Even her own kids from a previous marriage agreed with her getting the death penalty.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
It's three years today since Lucy Letby was first named as a suspect over the deaths of babies at a hospital.

Coincidentally, it'll be exactly a year from today before her trial begins.

• Sad
The case of Bobbie Jo Stinnett is a very hard case.

A woman named Lisa Montogomery had previous history of faking pregnancies with her second husband and she was pretending to be pregnant once again and even going as far as using those bump pads.

She struck up a friendship with Bobbi jo on a dog breeding forum and Bobbi was a well known breeder but was also expecting a baby and they both bonded over being pregnant and their love of dogs. Several members were already weary of Lisa as she had been caught out in lies before, but at the same time who cares?

As the months went on Lisa got worried as she had to produce a baby somehow, so she made a fake appointment under an alias with Bobbi. Told her husband she was meeting Up with friends and family. Drove to Bobbi’s state. Then when she got there she forced her way in, beat up and strangled a heavily pregnant Bobbi until she was unconscious and cut the baby out Bobbis abdomen. Bobbis autopsy showed she was still alive during the csection and even after it.

Lisa took the baby, drove back to her state, told her husband she gave birth whilst she was out of town in a women’s clinic. Her husband was surprised there was even a baby and said before she had a history of faking pregnancies.

The FBI ended up doing an amber alert on the car that Lisa was driving and they traced it back to her. When they found her she was already having the brand new day old baby outside and at church showing the baby off like a toy. They questioned her on where she had given birth (they already knew it was her) and they caught her out because they told her that women’s clinic has no record of you and that we know you’re the woman who was speaking to Bobbi online.

The crime was so horrific that she was the first woman executed by the federal government in 70 years and I think she was executed January of this year.

Even her own kids from a previous marriage agreed with her getting the death penalty.
If you search back on these threads, sorry I don’t know exactly where, we talked about this case in depth. I linked the court reports on Lisa that detail her early years. She was mentally very very unwell due to some of the worst childhood abuse you can imagine. She also had her head slammed repeatedly into a concrete floor.
all extremely sad.

• Heart
  • Sad
I hope they have the right person this time, instead of her being wrongly charged as another nurse was a few years ago.
There is another case. Colin Norris. He was convicted of killing 4 elderly women by giving them insulin when he was a nurse. There has recently been a campaign for a re-trial as it has been suggested that the results of the medical tests of their autopsies could have naturally occurred. His case has been referred to the Court of Appeal.

Did LL do it? How did they find out it was her? I haven’t read much into this case
It will all come out at the trial (or sentencing hearing if she pleads guilty)

As I've said before, I suspect, given how long it took to charge her, there's no smoking gun, nothing obvious, and it will come down to her shift patterns and being able to eliminate everyone else. That's my gut feeling.

If there is a trial, a jury will hear all the evidence and they will determine if she did it or not. All we can say right now is that the police and CPS feel there was enough evidence of her guilt to charge her.

• Sad
If you search back on these threads, sorry I don’t know exactly where, we talked about this case in depth. I linked the court reports on Lisa that detail her early years. She was mentally very very unwell due to some of the worst childhood abuse you can imagine. She also had her head slammed repeatedly into a concrete floor.
all extremely sad.

Yes I know I posted about it. She had such an awful childhood herself, I think she just wanted to be loved and to love someone which drove her to do what she did. It was an awful crime but she was mentally ill and had a truly awful childhood where no one protected her and was very damaged as a result. It makes me cry to think of her. I don’t believe she deserved the death penalty. The only solace is that she herself is now free from her demons.

• Sad
Yes I know I posted about it. She had such an awful childhood herself, I think she just wanted to be loved and to love someone which drove her to do what she did. It was an awful crime but she was mentally ill and had a truly awful childhood where no one protected her and was very damaged as a result. It makes me cry to think of her. I don’t believe she deserved the death penalty. The only solace is that she herself is now free from her demons.
I agree. I think we’ll look back in horror at this situation, she was clearly very damaged and unwell. Also don’t like lines like “her children agreed with the death penalty” like that’s a justification. It’s nothing to do with them.

Tia Sharpe - some children don't stand a chance in a life .

Murdered by her step grandad who was once also her step dad.

I remember hoping that she had run away. I never dreamed it would turn out as horrific as it did.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
It will all come out at the trial (or sentencing hearing if she pleads guilty)

As I've said before, I suspect, given how long it took to charge her, there's no smoking gun, nothing obvious, and it will come down to her shift patterns and being able to eliminate everyone else. That's my gut feeling.

If there is a trial, a jury will hear all the evidence and they will determine if she did it or not. All we can say right now is that the police and CPS feel there was enough evidence of her guilt to charge her.
I'm inclined to agree. I believe to charge someone they need to send the case to CPS, which i think (?!) is an independent body which looks at the evidence and has to agree it is enough to lead to a trial. This means that any trial must have quite significant evidence just to get to that stage?

Reactions: 3
I'm inclined to agree. I believe to charge someone they need to send the case to CPS, which i think (?!) is an independent body which looks at the evidence and has to agree it is enough to lead to a trial. This means that any trial must have quite significant evidence just to get to that stage?
Yes - I think the term the CPS use is "realistic prospect of conviction" or, in other words, it won't be a waste of everyone's time and the public's money. However, it is important to remember there are not guilty verdicts all over this country every day for all types of crime - you just don't hear about them unless the case is very high profile.

When I myself did jury duty, the judge ruled, after hearing the prosecution's case, that there was no case to answer and we were instructed to return a not guilty verdict. We never got to deliberate and I have always felt very short changed about that

When my partner did jury duty, he sat on two trials which both resulted in not guilty verdicts, probably because he's a bleeding heart liberal 😂 No, in truth, the first case - the jury didn't believe the main prosecution witness and his friends, who were also witnesses, basically said he was a liar. The second case - they all believed he was guilty but the police didn't collect and/or test the evidence that very well could have convicted him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I am really not looking forward to the day I get called for Jury Service. I would hate to have to see evidence presented. I’m not good with seeing bad injuries/wounds which I assume you’d see if it was a murder/assault case.

Then there’s the obvious pweirdo cases. I really hope they don’t show the evidence as it would be revolting but I don’t know how else they would prove guilt?

Probably off topic so sorry!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.