Real Life Crime and Murder #4 goss

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'In the lock up they found Bernadette’s rucksack.

Ms Wilding said: “The contents were examined, and they tell their own tale.

There were sanitary towels, a book for her overnight stay, spare clothes, headphones, make-up, a watch, a facemask and a notebook.

A note written by Bernadette was found in the notebook.

Ms Wilding said it read: “Told my mum about dad and the abuse. She called me a liar and threatened to kill me if I told police.”

The note continued: “What kind of parent wouldn’t believe their daughter. Its fine, I’m going to pretend it is all OK until I leave home, then I will block them out of my life.”

“If I was brave enough I probably would have already left or killed myself.”

Ms Wilding said: “It is a sad post script of the last thoughts of Bernadette Walker.”'

The poor child. This is absolutely heartbreaking on so many levels. God rest her precious soul.

Reactions: 7

Volunteers are looking for the Milk Carton kids, the two boys who disappeared 25 years ago, including one of their brothers. I can understand why they want to as they just want them found but I hope no evidence is destroyed in the process.

Reactions: 5
There is a new series coming on Crime and investigation called ‘cell mates‘ cant remember whole title but one of the is Casey Anthony one,she admitted to cell mate she had killed her and said ‘nobody knows where she is buried and will never find her.’😢
whether it’s true I don’t know..☹

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 2
There is a new series coming on Crime and investigation called ‘cell mates‘ cant remember whole title but one of the is Casey Anthony one,she admitted to cell mate she had killed her and said ‘nobody knows where she is buried and will never find her.’😢
Her daughters remains were found no?

Reactions: 4
Cellmate Secrets.

Looks like a load of sensationalised nonsense to me.

Her daughters remains were found no?
Yes, she was found. See what I mean? ☝🏼

• Haha
Cellmate Secrets.

Looks like a load of sensationalised nonsense to me.

Yes, she was found. See what I mean? ☝🏼
I’d usually avoid a programme like that with the subjects, in this case, the cellmate… that is blatantly chasing notoriety

Reactions: 3
Saw this on Facebook about olly.

Yesterday's update on Olly's case

This isn't a nice read

A schoolboy sent a sickening voice note bragging about killing a 13-year-old boy hours after he was fatally stabbed, while another claimed it was the 'biggest mistake of my life' in messages seen by a court today.

Oliver Stephens, known as Olly, was killed at Bugs Bottom field near Reading, Berkshire, on January 3 after being lured to the park, jurors were told.

His alleged attackers were said to have left Olly with stab wounds to the chest and back after a short scuffle.

Two boys, who are now 14, were charged with his murder and are on trial at Reading Crown Court. They deny the charge.

Today the court heard that after dumping their bloodstained clothes on a railway track following Olly's killing, Boy B, who has already admitted manslaughter, created a chilling voice note.

He said: 'Boy it was me and my boy innit. I started slapping him up and then my boy backed out and then f****** shanked him.'

In a later voice note, the jury heard how Boy B wasn't sure whether Olly had been murdered before indicating that he was 'trying to go around the longest way' to avoid the police.

Prosecutor Ms Morgan said: 'There is no trace of remorse. No trace of any surprise that Olly might have been murdered.

'Boy B went on to express what appears to be excitement about being wanted by the police and the news coverage of what was going on.'

The 14-year-old defendant also suggested that he was being chased by armed police officers and was trying to get back to his home, the prosecutor added.

Meanwhile on the evening of Olly's death, the then 13-year-old Boy A was scouring the internet for Press coverage of the attack, searching for 'stabbing in emmer green' and 'stabbing in Reading.'

In a shocking set of messages, a schoolgirl friend messaged Boy A asking: 'Did you kill olly - why would you do that?'

In response, the teenage boy replied: 'It was the biggest mistake of my life.' In other messages, Boy A said that he was sorry and claimed the attack was out of 'pure anger.'

Additionally, Boy A said: 'No I did not plan to f**king kill him.....I didn't mean too....I just saw red....I couldn't help myself.'

Today, the jury heard how Boy B mocked Olly in a voice note after his brutal murder, suggesting that Olly's girlfriend 'bends over for me 24/7.'

Ms Morgan said: 'Boy B had been suggesting to Olly that the girl had been having sex with him in order to upset Olly or that the girl was desperate to please Boy B.

'Bearing in mind that by this time Boy B must well have known that Olly Stephens had been killed, this message showed complete disregard for the consequences of his actions.'

The court heard that later on that evening, the 14-year-old Boy B deleted 57 images and 15 video files that linked him to what happened on January 3, which included an image of him holding a knife in his hand.

It was also heard that a schoolgirl who had lured Olly to the park where he was ambushed had told him to wear sliders and sent his attackers a voicenote saying she was 'kind of scared'.

Prosecutors today suggested Olly would not have worn such casual footwear if he knew what he was walking into.

The girl, now also 14, and the older one of the two boys on trial have both admitted manslaughter.

None of the three can be named for legal reasons.

Today, the court was told about the final moments before the attack took place.

Alison Morgan QC, prosecuting, told how the girl sent a voice message to one of the boys before meeting up with them, saying: 'Kind of scared, not going to lie.'

Ms Morgan said: 'This shows she knew of the enormity of what was about to happen.'

It was alleged both the boys were wearing mostly black clothing as they approached the scene as part of a 'group' with the girl and three other male friends.

The court heard that Olly left his house wearing sliders footwear to meet up with the girl, who had been messaging him to do so.

Ms Morgan said: 'It should be considered that had he thought something was going to happen by the way of an organised fight or conflict, whether he would have worn such shoes.

'He had no idea he was unknowingly walking into an ambush.'

Jurors were then told of a witness statement from a woman who was at the scene.

It was said the woman could hear Olly shouting, swearing and 'gesticulating' towards the boys.

Ms Morgan said: 'She described some kind of confrontation in which a boy in black could be seen swinging his arms in a clenched fist at Olly.

'Olly then retaliated with a fist coming back at the boy, which was more of an uppercut.

'The boy then swung back at Olly, making contact with the right side of his face.'

The witness statement described Olly's body moving around, while his face was 'crinkled up and grimacing'.

Ms Morgan said: 'She then heard a metallic sound as if metal hit something hard, and the fight just stopped and everyone disappeared.'

The jurors were told that Olly did not appear to realise he had been stabbed.

The two defendants, the girl and two of the boys with them 'fled the scene', the court heard.

Ms Morgan added: 'Olly could be seen staggering around and almost walked into (the witness).

'She thought that he had taken drugs or had been drinking.'

Olly then began 'floundering around' before falling to the ground, the court heard.

Ms Morgan went on to say of the witness: 'She could see blood coming from his chest and heard sucking sounds, which she knew was not a good sound as air was not getting into Olly's lungs.

'She noticed the shock was setting in and knew he was in cardiac arrest and began CPR on him.

'During this time Olly said nothing that was distinguishable.'

Emergency services were called but Olly had become 'unresponsive' and was 'not breathing', with blood on his mouth and neck.

The jurors were told that paramedics worked to save his life for 30 minutes before he died in an ambulance.

Another witness, who saw the teenagers leaving the scene, said in a statement the girl kept looking back behind her shoulder and appeared to be 'arrogant', the court heard.

Ms Morgan told the court: 'This was not an accident, this was a deliberate attack in which stab wounds were fatally inflicted on Olly Stephens' body.'

The court had previously heard that Olly was 'lured' to the park, before he was stabbed to death.

Both alleged attackers were said to have had 'grievances' with Olly for 'snaking' (deceiving) them, while the girl is said to have described any violence against the boy as 'karma' in the run-up to his death.

The trial is being held in special circumstances, with counsel removing their wigs and gowns due to the defendants' ages.

The younger boy also denies two counts of perverting the course of justice.

The older boy denies one charge of the same offence, and has pleaded guilty to another.

The trial at Reading Crown Court was adjourned until tomorrow.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
The trial is being held in special circumstances, with counsel removing their wigs and gowns due to the defendants' ages.

Personally I don’t think there should have been special circumstances, then maybe the seriousness of it would have hit home.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Personally I don’t think there should have been special circumstances, then maybe the seriousness of it would have hit home.
agreed!

Reactions: 10

Couldn’t agree more! They should be in handcuffs and be flanked by burly police officers too....if they’re old enough to murder one of their peers then they’re old enough to face the consequences!

Reactions: 25
I'm assuming they are being tried as juveniles and not adults? because this screams to me that they should be tried as adults. They knew exactly what they were doing and what the potential outcomes would be.

Reactions: 13
I'm assuming they are being tried as juveniles and not adults? because this screams to me that they should be tried as adults. They knew exactly what they were doing and what the potential outcomes would be.
They are being tried as adults - I don't believe there is any juvenile court in this country that deals with murder because it's too serious. It's not like the USA where they seem to be able to choose whether children are tried as adults or children, which I don't understand, but their justice system is completely out of kilter anyway.

It's just that special measures have been out in place to make the whole experience less intimidating because, in the eyes of the law, they are children no matter what they have allegedly done. It's fairly standard in cases with young defendants.

The trial of danyal Hussain accused of killing Nicole smallman and bibaa Henry concluded today. He didn’t offer a defence but still pleads not guilty. Their poor families

• Sad
Tyler Clementi - 2010 USA

Students Dharan Ravi and his friend Molly Wei on more than one ocassion secretly recorded a private romantic encounter between Ravi's roommate Tyler and another man

Ravi urged friends and Twitter followers to watch the private encounters via his webcam, although the viewing didn't occur

This full story is online if you Google Tyler's name however the incident resulted in Tyler committing suicide by jumping from the George Washington bridge

In 2012 Ravi was sentenced to 30 days in jail, 3 years probation, 300 hours of community service, and was fined $10,000 and had to attend counselling and cyberbullyig workshops. Ravi served just 20 days of his 30-day jail term.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.