Real Life Crime and Murder #4 goss

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if Cannan will be granted parole - he is eligible next year. They gave Colin Pitchfork parole so nothing would surprise me at this point.
The difference is they’ve been clear in the fact that he is their main suspect in Suzi’s disappearance.

Reactions: 1
Vicky Hall was 5 years above me in the other high school in Felixstowe. She was the same age as my sister so I can give some very local background.

Band box to trimley (faulkeners wagl) where Vicky went missing is about an hours walk, possibly more. It's up some steep hills. The murder rocked the town of Felixstowe at the time and everyone that lived in the town were shocked.

Felixstowe is a funny town, everyone knows everyone else. You have connections that you don't realise until something like this happens.

Where Vicky was found was a very small village that even people local to it didn't really know where it was. We often speculated that the person who did it was likely to know the roads of suffolk well.

Steve wright was local to Felixstowe when she went missing. His girlfriend worked at the bingo hall. I thought he had been eliminated already.

I worked in Ipswich when Steve wright was killing. It was an eerie feeling for a town like Ipswich as crime is really low usually.

I have always hoped the perpetrator would be caught and am intrigued about what new evidence has been found. I really hope the police have evidence to charge.

Any more info I can always reply

Reactions: 15
Suffolk Strangler has been arrested.

duck 😮

I apologise @Droosie123 - looks like you were right!

His first two victims in Ipswich - Tania Nichol and Gemma Adams - were found naked in water.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Vicky Hall was 5 years above me in the other high school in Felixstowe. She was the same age as my sister so I can give some very local background.

Band box to trimley (faulkeners wagl) where Vicky went missing is about an hours walk, possibly more. It's up some steep hills. The murder rocked the town of Felixstowe at the time and everyone that lived in the town were shocked.

Felixstowe is a funny town, everyone knows everyone else. You have connections that you don't realise until something like this happens.

Where Vicky was found was a very small village that even people local to it didn't really know where it was. We often speculated that the person who did it was likely to know the roads of suffolk well.

Steve wright was local to Felixstowe when she went missing. His girlfriend worked at the bingo hall. I thought he had been eliminated already.

I worked in Ipswich when Steve wright was killing. It was an eerie feeling for a town like Ipswich as crime is really low usually.

I have always hoped the perpetrator would be caught and am intrigued about what new evidence has been found. I really hope the police have evidence to charge.

Any more info I can always reply
My Friend lived in Manningtree at the time,she used to help people with their garden,one lady she done work for her grandchild was a victim,I can’t remember the name of the girl but she was very well educated.
Also many,many years ago my aunt lived in Felixstowe.I really liked it as her house was very near the sea front.

Last edited:
I didn't realise Jon Simpson, Gemma Adams boyfriend at the time she went missing, died three years ago. Drug overdose. I did look him up on Facebook now and again - his life was still very chaotic unsurprisingly. I wonder what he went to prison for so long for?

They lived together in a flat on the road where my doctor's surgery was at the time. I remember her missing poster in the window. She was the one that fascinated me the most out of the Ipswich victims. Well educated, fairly bright girl from a life of privilege ends up selling herself on the streets to support her and her boyfriend's class A drug habit. How does that happen? Why does anyone, without any real issues they're trying to escape from, think that taking heroin for the first time is a good idea? I know her parents hated him and blamed him 100%. I clearly remember her mother giving evidence at the trial - it was so cold and stark. She basically knew nothing about her daughter anymore.

This interview still breaks my heart 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I was coming here to say there’s no way the girls could have walked from Felixstowe beach front to trimley. As above its definitely a good hours walk, if not more.

I was only a young girl when Victoria died but I was a teen when the Suffolk murders occurred. It was horrendous, so scary and devastating. I remember our teachers sitting us all down to explain how seriously we had to take it and never to be alone. At the height of it, when bodies were being found in the countryside, I’d be absolutely terrified driving along incase I saw something. One night I was being driven home by a male friend. Along the a14 at 1am we saw a man running along, the opposite way to the traffic on that side. I was terrified but my male friend said my mind was being wild and not to report it. I still feel bad now just incase it was possibly linked. I remember when the last two bodies were found, just watching the tv in horror as the police helicopter suddenly spotted the second body while they were scanning the area around the first.

It’s surprising to hear it’s Steve Wright they’d arrested. Although there are similarities, I’d be surprised it’s taken them this long to link him. Although he’s been released pending investigation, I have a feeling it’s because he’s answered no comment to all questions put to him as IIRC that’s what he did in the interviews about the Suffolk murders he was subsequently found guilty of.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I was coming here to say there’s no way the girls could have walked from Felixstowe beach front to trimley. As above its definitely a good hours walk, if not more.

I was only a young girl when Victoria died but I was a teen when the Suffolk murders occurred. It was horrendous, so scary and devastating. I remember our teachers sitting us all down to explain how seriously we had to take it and never to be alone. At the height of it, when bodies were being found in the countryside, I’d be absolutely terrified driving along incase I saw something. One night I was being driven home by a male friend. Along the a14 at 1am we saw a man running along, the opposite way to the traffic on that side. I was terrified but my male friend said my mind was being wild and not to report it. I still feel bad now just incase it was possibly linked. I remember when the last two bodies were found, just watching the tv in horror as the police helicopter suddenly spotted the second body while they were scanning the area around the first.

It’s surprising to hear it’s Steve Wright they’d arrested. Although there are similarities, I’d be surprised it’s taken them this long to link him. Although he’s been released pending investigation, I have a feeling it’s because he’s answered no comment to all questions put to him as IIRC that’s what he did in the interviews about the Suffolk murders he was subsequently found guilty of.
The police update yesterday confirmed the girls walked home. When you're young and (probably) drunk, these things seem like a good idea.

But agreed, I nearly said this earlier - I can guarantee he would have gone no comment because that's what he did last time. And when he did decide to finally open his mouth at trial, it was a bleeping disaster for him.

The police update yesterday confirmed the girls walked home. When you're young and (probably) drunk, these things seem like a good idea.

But agreed, I nearly said this earlier - I can guarantee he would have gone no comment because that's what he did last time. And when he did decide to finally open his mouth at trial, it was a bleeping disaster for him.
Wow thank you! I’m really so surprised they walked, it really is quite a way! But like you say, they probably didn’t think much about the distance. It also surprises me that they never said they’d walked hoke before - surely it might have helped the investigation before? What if someone saw them being followed for example.
Yes you’re right. I don’t understand the no comment situations as it always ends up as being undeniably them. I really do hope for Victoria’s family they get answers and can have some peace, although I read an article earlier that said they’ve accepted they’ll never know who or why she was murdered. It’s so tragic.

Reactions: 3
I remember walking fairly long distances as a teen - and in my early 20s - purely to save on taxi fare. I’d think nothing of it. Especially walking in a pair, you’d spend the time chatting and perhaps sobering up. My designated fare I’d spend on either more alcohol during the evening or a visit to a chip shop!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Just been watching the interrogation of a man called Granville Ritchie, never heard of the case until today & was wondering if anyone else had?
I just cannot get over how brazen he is in the questioning knowing deep down what he’s done

Wow thank you! I’m really so surprised they walked, it really is quite a way! But like you say, they probably didn’t think much about the distance. It also surprises me that they never said they’d walked hoke before - surely it might have helped the investigation before? What if someone saw them being followed for example.
I think they probably did confirm they walked home at the time - it's just so long ago, there's really not a lot out there online from back then.

Anyway, I was just mulling this over when I had a brainwave - I bet the case was featured on Crimewatch back in the day. And so I found it obvs 😂 It's from 2000 and there was a full reconstruction done. It confirms the girls sacrificed their taxi money for chips, as @Treesy19 suggested, and did walk home so it was out there.

The quality isn't great but it's here if you want to watch it - from 9.49 onwards.

They are appealing about a blue van on the reconstruction. I wonder if that was ever cleared from the enquiry? The police were asking about a van and driver that were seen in the CCTV released a couple of years ago but that one looks white.

Last edited:
I think they probably did confirm they walked home at the time - it's just so long ago, there's really not a lot out there online from back then.

Anyway, I was just mulling this over when I had a brainwave - I bet the case was featured on Crimewatch back in the day. And so I found it obvs 😂 It's from 2000 and there was a full reconstruction done. It confirms the girls sacrificed their taxi money for chips, as @Treesy19 suggested, and did walk home so it was out there.

The quality isn't great but it's here if you want to watch it - from 9.49 onwards.

They are appealing about a blue van on the reconstruction. I wonder if that was ever cleared from the enquiry? The police were asking about a van and driver that were seen in the CCTV released a couple of years ago but that one looks white.

Thank you! Is it sad I miss crimewatch?
It’s strange that they wanted to trace what was a distinctive vehicle but never seemed to in the end. I live here so know how quiet those roads can be, so I imagine at that time with fewer vehicles on the road it’d have been even quieter which is why someone would have noticed the van. It’s even more tragic her friend heard screams which presumably would have been Victoria - almost like someone had followed them or was watching, waiting for one of them to be alone. The area around there is very quiet, it’s a village and even now there’s no more than a handful of shops, post office and fish and chip shop. So if someone was hoping to come across a lone female, Felixstowe would have been more ideal than Trimley.
I really hope the case gets solved and will be waiting to see if anything further comes of the recent arrest. I just checked how far creeting st Mary where Victoria was found is in relation to where she went missing (just inland of Felixstowe). It just seems like it must have been someone local or at least with local knowledge. I’m sure they’d have known about the ditch in creeting, not just stumbled across it. They could either have gone on the A14 to get there, or again if they knew the area extremely well gone about all of the back country lanes. I’ve included the map to show the distance (red pin is creeting st Mary and the yellow dot I’ve arrowed to is where Victoria was last seen).

DD8B7758-E0F3-4599-9536-FC6E08E5D8DC.jpeg

Reactions: 2
Just been watching the interrogation of a man called Granville Ritchie, never heard of the case until today & was wondering if anyone else had?
I just cannot get over how brazen he is in the questioning knowing deep down what he’s done
I hadn’t heard of this either, how awful.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.