Real Life Crime and Murder #4 goss

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if it was the man who was cleared previously? Or a new DNA match.
This case has always been quite close to my heart.

Reactions: 2
I don’t know much about this case, anyone else? I wonder who it is they’ve arrested
I know a little from living in Suffolk for a few years. Where she disappeared from is a small place - it's classed as Felixstowe but it's definitely a village I would say. They filmed an episode of Property Ladder there 😂 (either there or the next village - Trimley St Martin) which was one of my favourite ever renovations - yes, I am a sad witch 🙈 And Suffolk is a notoriously safe county, Ipswich serial killer aside.

So, with that being said, I would say the chances of a random abduction there in the middle of the night would be slim. I suspect someone either followed them home from the nightclub they were at in Felixstowe or was laying in wait for her. No sexual assault either so what would be the motive for abducting her? To me, that suggests someone she knew and had maybe previously had a relationship with as I think you tend to find murders committed by exes don't involve sexual assault as they are usually done with that person by that point. Not always but.....

There was a trial in 2001 but a local businessman was cleared very quickly. I really can't find anything much about it online - like what was the case against him, did he know her, etc etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
It says he’s never been arrested before in connection to the case.

I think as more and more people sign up to and submit their DNA to genealogy sites to discover their ancestry then more historical cases will be resolved and that can only be a good thing.

Reactions: 11
The police have said very little but they have confirmed it is someone who has not been arrested in the case before so that rules out Adrian Bradshaw.

Ok, I found a little bit about the trial:

"Adrian Bradshaw, then aged 27, who owned the Felixstowe Flyer free newspaper was charged with murder after one of the biggest ever investigations to be undertaken by Suffolk Police.

He had spent part of the night at the same club as Vicky and was dropped off by a taxi a few hundred yards from where she disappeared.

Other witnesses also heard "horrifying" screams followed by the roar of a "throaty" car exhaust, which prosecutors claimed was from Bradshaw's Porsche 944.

The prosecution also alleged there was a near match between soil samples recovered from his car and the ditch where Vicky's body was found.

But the evidence was undermined when a geologist called by the defence said the sample could have come from elsewhere in East Anglia.

As a result jurors took less than 90 minutes to find Bradshaw not guilty."

Last edited:
She might not have been sexually assaulted but she was found naked so I would say that it was sexually motivated. And girls going missing and being murdered following nights out often have this scenario. It could’ve been someone she rejected that night that was angry. I don’t think people were as forensically aware back then to strip her off clothing because of DNA. Plus she was found in shallow water so who is to say that there wasn’t DNA that was washed away? While her body might not have shown signs, we all know that there’s more that can take place in a sexually motivated crime (don’t think details are needed - we’ve all read things).

Reactions: 6
She might not have been sexually assaulted but she was found naked so I would say that it was sexually motivated. And girls going missing and being murdered following nights out often have this scenario. It could’ve been someone she rejected that night that was angry. I don’t think people were as forensically aware back then to strip her off clothing because of DNA. Plus she was found in shallow water so who is to say that there wasn’t DNA that was washed away? While her body might not have shown signs, we all know that there’s more that can take place in a sexually motivated crime (don’t think details are needed - we’ve all read things).
True. They have never found any of her belongings - clothes, bag, hair clip, nothing. So either someone forensically aware (we're 10+ years since Colin Pitchfork's conviction at this point) to leave her naked and in water a trophy taker or both....?

I thought Felixstowe sea front (where the club is) to Trimley St Mary was a distance and I thought the girls had got a taxi but AA Route Planner suggests it's only a couple of miles and the police statement today said they walked home so they could have been followed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
True. They have never found any of her belongings - clothes, bag, hair clip, nothing. So either someone forensically aware (we're 10+ years since Colin Pitchfork's conviction at this point) to leave her naked and in water a trophy taker or both....?

I thought Felixstowe sea front (where the club is) to Trimley St Mary was a distance and I thought the girls had got a taxi but AA Route Planner suggests it's only a couple of miles and the police statement today said they walked home so they could have been followed.
I love that you’ve done to AA route planner!

The name rang a bell and knew the murderer was still on the loose. After seeing the headline I'm starting to try to read about what the circumstances were again. I’m the same age and don’t remember it at the time but only through it being mentioned in the news every now and then.
Hopefully this will lead to justice for Vicky finally.

Reactions: 3
If it is Steve Wright I'd be surprised that any evidence has only just come to light now - the Norfolk police investigated him for the murders of Michelle Bettles and Natalie Pearman and the disappearance of Kellie Pratt so I would have thought Suffolk police would have investigated him for any unsolved murders of young women (whether they were sex workers or not), especially as he lived in Felixstowe from 2001-2004 and could have been visiting the area earlier.

I'm including links to articles about these other cases as they deserve to be shared/solved

Reactions: 10
If it is Steve Wright I'd be surprised that any evidence has only just come to light now - the Norfolk police investigated him for the murders of Michelle Bettles and Natalie Pearman and the disappearance of Kellie Pratt so I would have thought Suffolk police would have investigated him for any unsolved murders of young women (whether they were sex workers or not), especially as he lived in Felixstowe from 2001-2004 and could have been visiting the area earlier.

I'm including links to articles about these other cases as they deserve to be shared/solved

Yeah, I agree - he's been fully investigated. It's easy to try and lay the blame on serial killer for every murder going. The press do it all the bleeping time and it drives me mad.

I remember on the day of the Ipswich murders verdict, the media were linking Steve Wright to Suzy Lamplugh's murder because there was a very tenuous connection that they'd worked on a ship together, with probably several hundred other people, at one point and despite a prime suspect already being named by the police - John Cannan. The coverage annoyed me so much, I had to go out for a walk to calm down! 😂

Pretty sure I recall that in Natalie Pearman's case, they have the suspected DNA of the killer yet still the media keep linking her to Steve Wright.

Last edited:
It’s the same with Levi Bellfield - it’s easy to assume all murders are committed by serial killers. The more sinister truth is there are ordinary men walking around, living their lives who have committed murder. But with the DNA database- one day the knock on the door will come for them.

Reactions: 12
It’s the same with Levi Bellfield - it’s easy to assume all murders are committed by serial killers. The more sinister truth is there are ordinary men walking around, living their lives who have committed murder. But with the DNA database- one day the knock on the door will come for them.
Exactly, yes, Bellfield's another one.

Pretty certain John Cannan is responsible for Lucy Lamplugh’s disappearance. . They’ve never been able to prove it though.
I take the points about SW….it could just be rumour.

I wonder if Cannan will be granted parole - he is eligible next year. They gave Colin Pitchfork parole so nothing would surprise me at this point.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.