Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LouBug19

VIP Member
I tried looking earlier but couldn't see any articles where they'd mentioned requests to name them, isn't that decision usually made at sentencing? I'd prefer them not be named than the ongoing shambles with Venables/Thompson though.

That pair from Edlington weren't named either.
I think naming happens at sentencing but only if the judge think it's in the best interest of the public I guess and if there's an application for them to be named. Venables was named and then everyone has been trying to find out his new identity and that's cost more money. If they aren't named then it saves the hassle of them potentially being granted immunity at a later date and having protection the rest of their lives basically.

Reactions: 6

Multi-21

VIP Member
I assumed she didn’t know she was being filmed and stopped when she noticed but nope she knew all along. Surly some coercion/blackmail involved?

Itchy of Itchington

I mentioned ages ago I was following the trial of Kennie Carter a 16 year old who was stabbed to death not far from where I used to work and that through my job I had encountered some of the accused.

4 were found guilty, 1 of murder and the other 3 of manslaughter. This is just a week or so after the sentencing of the teenagers who killed Nathaniel Shani about 5 miles away.

The BBC and Guardian covered the verdict but our local newspaper the Manchester Evening News hasn't reported the outcome although it did cover some of the trial.

It's so common for lads to carry knives and machetes (dealt with a lad one year who was picked up by the police after a fight in which he pulled a machete from his pants but claimed he "just found it") and so many of them feel they have to retaliate to stupid fucking gossip and rumours or a shitty Tiktok drill song about each other. They rile each other up in their little groups (usually linked to a criminal gang somehow) and they cannot back down. I genuinely don't know how it can be tackled. They just don't care.

sassmaster3000

Chatty Member
I would think that blood test results must have shown chemical changes which indicated an epileptic fit - things like fits, heart attacks etc release (I think) different electrolytes into the bloodstream which can be identified and tracked.

They won't have just taken her word or it.
There is no blood test for epilepsy. A blood test might show WHY you’ve had a fit - infection, low blood sugar for instance - but there is no blood test to prove that you’ve had a seizure.

You’re right about the heart attack one but that protein (troponin) can also be raised for other reasons, so you can have a high level without having a heart attack.

I don’t know the details of the case so don’t know if it’s likely that she had a genuine seizure or made up the fact later. But like another poster said, unless you catch the seizure on an EEG while it’s happening, there’s not really any way of “proving” it.

Reactions: 5

sushicat

There is no blood test for epilepsy. A blood test might show WHY you’ve had a fit - infection, low blood sugar for instance - but there is no blood test to prove that you’ve had a seizure
They will check if your white blood cell count and neutrophils are higher - they call them seizure markers. But you’re right the blood test alone can’t confirm it!

Tots

VIP Member

From Facebook they are saying he died by suicide and left a note on his instagram. The article says that his girlfriend was seen crying outside the house but I think the DM must have got that wrong as he was dating Lauren Evans who has also died. I have a horrible feeling it could be a murder suicide?

This article says it’s a murder investigation and that the police had prior contact with one of them.
The news today are reporting it as a double murder….yet the articles mention his mental health and allude to suicide with the mention of a “final letter”, very strange.

Honeystar

VIP Member
The Mail's continued coverage of the families of the Nottingham victims is getting really uncomfortable for me, anyone else? It's like the poor relatives are being encouraged to remain trapped in the worst stage of their grief so the Mail can be enabled to push their agenda. It's pretty sick to see people being obviously exploited but too emotionally damaged themselves to realise. :(
The new interview with his brother? It doesn’t sit right with me either, it seems every week the Daily Mail have a new interview or angle for this story, I’m genuinely starting to wonder if they have some sort of exclusive deal with them, which I would not put past the DM for setting up when someone/a family was so vulnerable

Multi-21

VIP Member
Her latest TikTok has 41k views and over 130 comments. Both much higher than her usual videos I wonder why. The account she shares with her husband and the latest video is her rating 10 black guys. Her husband is black. The prisoner is black.

She's got a type and I wouldn't be surprised if her husband knew in advance and gave his blessing as a kink.

Do I want to know what 🍍👀 on their bio means?

• Haha

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Her latest TikTok has 41k views and over 130 comments. Both much higher than her usual videos I wonder why. The account she shares with her husband and the latest video is her rating 10 black guys. Her husband is black. The prisoner is black.

She's got a type and I wouldn't be surprised if her husband knew in advance and gave his blessing as a kink.

• Haha
  • Sick

bubbadabut

VIP Member

This is an awful story. Poor little baby and his auntie. The driver has finally put in a guilty plea, so it spares the family the ordeal of a trial, but the judge also referred to other distressing details which the family have only just been made aware of.

I haven't seen anything dealt with in this way before. Surely if it was something like the driver being on drugs, this would have been known before the trial was due to start? Can't think what else it might be. Maybe he was already banned from driving?

Screenshot_20240701_194646_Sky News.jpg

• Sad

Koalalalala

This is awful. And this monster is a father of 3, his poor children when they find out what their dad did. Turns my stomach.

Six years for that is sickening