Real Life Crime and Murder #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He also cut the telephone wires so she couldn’t even call for help, not that she probably would have been able to after your pen pal stabbed her multiple times in her head, neck, shoulders, and ankle with a fishing tackle knife. This is the same man who made baby blankets that you swaddle your children in?

Why are you doing this? What business of yours is it if she writes to a prisoner?
I don’t get the point of berating her. Why would she care what you think?

Reactions: 47
Jaysus lads you would think the poster was the criminal here! She's not doing anything wrong and is acting with good intentions. It's also really interesting and a great opportunity to learn. She's been very brave to post and doesn't deserve this reaction.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Jaysus lads you would think the poster was the criminal here! She's not doing anything wrong and is acting with good intentions. It's also really interesting and a great opportunity to learn. She's been very brave to post and doesn't deserve this reaction.
Noboby is suggesting the poster is a criminal. Way to go with the sensationalism:rolleyes:

People on the forum are responding with their opinions and how condescending of you to suggest we have an opportunity to learn about a woman who writes to a murderer in prison. Seriously.....

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The thread is about murder and this poser has given a relevant and in my opinion, very interesting insight into her connection to that. I appreciate her honesty 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 43
Noboby is suggesting the poster is a criminal. Way to go with the sensationalism:rolleyes:

People on the forum are responding with their opinions and how condescending of you to suggest we have an opportunity to learn about a woman who writes to a murderer in prison. Seriously.....
Quote where I said anyone called her a criminal.

I'm finding her posts interesting and educational. I couldn't write to a death row inmate but I've worked with violent criminals - no murderers - and actually found some of them to be among my favourite clients.

I've asked the poster a few questions but I wouldn't blame her if she doesn't answer given the pile on she's got for just trying to give an account of her experience. The judging of her is ridiculous.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Can I ask a question? Apologies if it's silly. What do you get out of the relationship emotionally or spiritually. Like do you see it as a genuine friendship or is it something you do purely for faith reasons.
A genuine friendship now, I went into it with zero expectations. It is not something I do just because of my faith (and I have moved countries 4 times away from that church)

I get the feeling that James has one friend in the world who makes no judgement. I think everyone deserves that. Someone to 'sit' with them through good and bad.

I should just say I very rarely share things that are personally about me, our conversations are often about the news, sports, what is going on on his unit, the weather and so on.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
On the channel Dave on a Sunday evening at 7pm there's a programme called Special OPs: Crime Squad UK. It's also repeated fairly often.

Reactions: 4
I can only speak for myself but the poster lost me by posting that if he’d murdered a child she’d not write but to murder an 88 year old was “just different”. Murder is murder.

I can’t say I’ll ever understand but if her and her husband are happy with it then that’s their business.
The poster volunteered the information and would have known it would be a controversial topic so others shouldn’t complain when they have a different opinion. (Not aimed at ordinary jelly, she hasn’t complained about any posts)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Quote where I said anyone called her a criminal.

I'm finding her posts interesting and educational. I couldn't write to a death row inmate but I've worked with violent criminals - no murderers - and actually found some of them to be among my favourite clients.

I've asked the poster a few questions but I wouldn't blame her if she doesn't answer given the pile on she's got for just trying to give an account of her experience. The judging of her is ridiculous.
You find it ridiculous, well you're entitled to express your opinion and we can respond.

However some, well me, find it incomprehensible that not only does the OP communicate with a murderer , feels free, to post about is, as is her right , but feels it is less shocking than if said felon was a pweirdo or child killer. That is beyond my comprehension:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
What reaction does she deserve?

Reactions: 2
I am not a person of faith. I am a mental health professional. I lead with being nonjudgmental and empathetic in my personal and professional lives. I have a history of addiction - I understand how that can affect people. Other people’s opinions of me are none of my business. And I try to see the bigger picture in most circumstances. I have found this discussion educational and thought provoking - thank you OP.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
A mature one
What constitutes a mature one in your opinion?
---
I am not a person of faith. I am a mental health professional. I lead with being nonjudgmental and empathetic in my personal and professional lives. I have a history of addiction - I understand how that can affect people. Other people’s opinions of me are none of my business. And I try to see the bigger picture in most circumstances. I have found this discussion educational and thought provoking - thank you OP.
But why post on a forum where people give their opinions?

Reactions: 1
But why post on a forum where people give their opinions?
I wear big girl panties so welcome the opinions and sensible questions. I do feel like we are going around and round now, though with people say x opinion isn't welcome but y opinion is. Let it go.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.