Real Life Crime and Murder #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Bronson's story is heartbreaking. I hope that he didn't suffer too much.

If anyone is to blame then on the facts available it feels more like the police than social worker tbh, in any instances where I know people have requested a welfare check, the police would normally attend that day/ the next day, not 5 days later. I guess the police considered it a low priority, that it was more like the parent trying to evade a SW visit than anything more sinister. However if the SW had made them aware of his health conditions (assuming they knew) then you'd have expected it to be taken seriously.

However also what was the situation when the SW attended on Jan 2? Did they just knock the door once, get no answer and leave? Could they hear anything from inside the property like Bronson crying, or other noise that suggested occupancy? (as if so I'd say police should have been called then). Also as above presumably the SW would have been aware of the dad's very poor health and potential for him to have been taken ill? (although as has been said, if his health was that bad should he have had sole care of a toddler anyway?)

Nothing changes the outcome for that little boy though :(

• Sad
Reactions: 15
There’s a new BBC3 documentary on Eleanor Williams, the teenager who lied about having been sexually groomed (and inflicted those injuries on herself). Some of the footage is in this article, absolutely insane seeing how she play acted being on drugs. Something seriously wrong with her.

How videos exposed the rape lies of Barrow's Eleanor Williams https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67957726
I am sure there was a case like this on Casefile a while ago where a woman in the US claimed she was being attacked over and over and eventually was found dead, turned out it was an elaborate suicide and she had fabricated the attacks (over years and years across moving house).

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Poor Bronson's story is heartbreaking. I hope that he didn't suffer too much.

If anyone is to blame then on the facts available it feels more like the police than social worker tbh, in any instances where I know people have requested a welfare check, the police would normally attend that day/ the next day, not 5 days later. I guess the police considered it a low priority, that it was more like the parent trying to evade a SW visit than anything more sinister. However if the SW had made them aware of his health conditions (assuming they knew) then you'd have expected it to be taken seriously.

However also what was the situation when the SW attended on Jan 2? Did they just knock the door once, get no answer and leave? Could they hear anything from inside the property like Bronson crying, or other noise that suggested occupancy? (as if so I'd say police should have been called then). Also as above presumably the SW would have been aware of the dad's very poor health and potential for him to have been taken ill? (although as has been said, if his health was that bad should he have had sole care of a toddler anyway?)

Nothing changes the outcome for that little boy though :(
The mother is in the papers too saying it’s SS fault.

We don’t know the full circumstances but was she not concerned by a lack of contact? Did she not try to get in touch etc? Maybe she wasn’t allowed near, I don’t know but by the sounds of it SS did act and went above and beyond when they couldn’t contact the family.

I can’t imagine how the social worker will be feeling and it’s not their fault.

It’s always easier to blame someone though, isn’t it.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

We don’t know the full circumstances but was she not concerned by a lack of contact? Did she not try to get in touch etc? Maybe she wasn’t allowed near, I don’t know but by the sounds of it SS did act and went above and beyond when they couldn’t contact the family.

You do have to wonder where the rest of the family were, especially being over Xmas period.

Reactions: 17
There’s a new BBC3 documentary on Eleanor Williams, the teenager who lied about having been sexually groomed (and inflicted those injuries on herself). Some of the footage is in this article, absolutely insane seeing how she play acted being on drugs. Something seriously wrong with her.

How videos exposed the rape lies of Barrow's Eleanor Williams https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67957726
Just stumbled across this story and thought it might be on here.

Absolutely disgusting.

I have seen first hand (sister) how badly rape affects people but to just lie??!

No mental health issues?? Who the F would lie about rape, there’s something wrong.

Trash.

Reactions: 6
Just came to share the Nicholas Rossi palava. The prosecutor was quick to fill the judge in. He’ll get a shock over there.

Reactions: 4

I know we never get the full story but it blows my mind in cases such as this the other biological parent comes out condemning SS - why do they have to shoulder all the blame? Surely if you’d had no contact from that long you’d be raising the alarm yourself?

It reminds me of Baby Peter whose Dad was dragging all services yet he never reported any concerns - how didn’t HE notice the bruises and marks? It seems unfair Social services shoulder all the blame yet absent parents soon play the victim

(I sound rather right wing here - I know there will be reasons why mum didn’t have custody etc but it baffles me ) you can see why SS struggle the recruit-retain staff when they get so much tit

Reactions: 40

Might be triggering for some just to warn you. Laughing at the victim statement and then telling his lawyer to blame the victim. Utterly vile.

Regarding Bronson there seems to be many failures, I don't understand why police didn't carry out a welfare check sooner and the social worker had to get a key for the property. I think she's done her best against a system and I imagine she will be struggling. Two weeks is such a long time for that poor boy to be alone. Its such a tradegy 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Regarding poor Bronson, I have seen comments saying the mother wasn’t allowed near the house or to contact the father. Any contact was through a visitation clinic but I’m sure more information will come out. I’m a single mum and used to get so scared of something happening to me and my boy not knowing what to do. I made sure to tell him what my phone passcode was (I tried to always turn passcode off when in house though) and before he could read I had the important people (grandparents, aunt, etc) with an emoji next to name that he could relate to them if he needed to phone them. Very heartbreaking for the family.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Might be triggering for some just to warn you. Laughing at the victim statement and then telling his lawyer to blame the victim. Utterly vile.

Regarding Bronson there seems to be many failures, I don't understand why police didn't carry out a welfare check sooner and the social worker had to get a key for the property. I think she's done her best against a system and I imagine she will be struggling. Two weeks is such a long time for that poor boy to be alone. Its such a tradegy 😔
What a ridiculous headline - they could have gone with any number of lines but instead they choose something which is just clickbait and is asking for mockery. Completely detracts from what happened.

Reactions: 9
Regarding poor Bronson, I have seen comments saying the mother wasn’t allowed near the house or to contact the father. Any contact was through a visitation clinic but I’m sure more information will come out. I’m a single mum and used to get so scared of something happening to me and my boy not knowing what to do. I made sure to tell him what my phone passcode was (I tried to always turn passcode off when in house though) and before he could read I had the important people (grandparents, aunt, etc) with an emoji next to name that he could relate to them if he needed to phone them. Very heartbreaking for the family.
Something doesn’t add up though. I wonder what their custody arrangement was. Can we assume that the father had full custody and the mother got occasional contact at a contact centre?

I can’t imagine any other scenario where a mother wouldn’t have seen hide nor hair of her toddler from Christmas and into January and not know what was going on with them.

• Sad
Reactions: 17

He isn’t going to give up pretending he’s someone else is he.
But he will be in for a shock as American jails aren’t the same as Scottish ones.
I just want to know why they are still allowing that fool to use an oxygen mask and wheelchair. Enough of allowing these ridiculous theatrics.

And I do hope they've taken his DNA - match it up with his mommy or daddy and be done with it.

I just want to know why they are still allowing that fool to use an oxygen mask and wheelchair. Enough of allowing these ridiculous theatrics.

And I do hope they've taken his DNA - match it up with his mommy or daddy and be done with it.
Yeah it's annoying that he's still getting away with his gcse acting still. I don't think it will last long at all though. I imagine prison officers over there won't take his tit

Reactions: 1
Is it me or given the grooming stories in the news this week, have the BBC picked an odd time to run a big story and broadcast a doc on the Eleanor Williams case (bare in mind it is from 11 months ago).
Hmmm

Is it me or given the grooming stories in the news this week, have the BBC picked an odd time to run a big story and broadcast a doc on the Eleanor Williams case (bare in mind it is from 11 months ago).
Hmmm
I'm really uncomfortable with the timing of this given a) it's the BBC and they have a dog in the fight discrediting accusers b) someone somewhere signed off the release of the report into police failures for the cases resulting in convictions to coincide with this documentary.

There's not enough convictions for rape to make something as disproportionate as false statements newsworthy. If the landscape was different and rape convictions weren't so rare this "unique" case would be less jarring. Very odd decisions imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm really uncomfortable with the timing of this given a) it's the BBC and they have a dog in the fight discrediting accusers b) someone somewhere signed off the release of the report into police failures for the cases resulting in convictions to coincide with this documentary.

There's not enough convictions for rape to make something as disproportionate as false statements newsworthy. If the landscape was different and rape convictions weren't so rare this "unique" case would be less jarring. Very odd decisions imo.
Must just be a coincidence…….:unsure:

I know this isn't a crime but wasn't really sure where else to discuss it? This is so sad. The dad was vulnerable, ss couldn't get an answer when they went round so contacted the police but the police didn't do a welfare check. The social worker then found them 5 days later after getting keys from the landlord. The mum is blaming social services and said 'If social services had done their job Bronson would still be alive. But they didn't do anything.' But surely they aren't allowed to force entry are they? They reported it to the police multiple times and nothing was done. And the mum had an argument with the dad before christmas and then didn't have any contact with either of them

I read about this today, it made me so sad thinking of that poor little boy being so scared and confused, then hungry and thirsty and dying.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.