Rate my Takeaway on You Tube.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love this guy! I like that he’s singing the praises of many local family run places that have been around for years too. There’s so many glossy Instagram restaurant reviews that just promote where they are paid to, this guy seems genuine.

Reactions: 4
He seems a decent bloke. Just winds me up when he put up his own table next to a table that the restaurant already has put. I know it’s all part of his schtick though.

Reactions: 7
Do we think any of these places pay him (to give a good review)?

Reactions: 1
Do we think any of these places pay him (to give a good review)?
No they don’t. Or they didn’t used to anyway. His followers would recommend places and then he’d just rock up unplanned.

Some very quizical glances from New Yorkers in his latest video made me chuckle, one bloke moved to get off camera. Danny's great.

• Haha
Some very quizical glances from New Yorkers in his latest video made me chuckle, one bloke moved to get off camera. Danny's great.
Saw that in the pizza video! I’ve never seen anyone in any of his videos here so that.

1660501409674.png

If anyone was curious to what the Rate My Takeaway cameraman looks like - here he is!

Reactions: 9
I always read it was his brother that did it. Wouldn't think that was his brother

He must be minted, already in Florida after just getting back from la and New York. How much does YouTube pay 🤣

Rumour has it that he takes payment from the places he eats at
I mean it makes sense, it would be like a form of advertising for the places he goes and eats at. I've always found it weird that they never put the name of the places in the Youtube description.

The last trip to the USA was a promotional trip that someone else paid for. He used to be a lot more honest before he blew up and became huge. He went to a Chinese restaurant that had bad reviews because the owners were so rude and another time went to a kebab place were all the stuff was either over or under cooked.

Reactions: 4
I mean it makes sense, it would be like a form of advertising for the places he goes and eats at. I've always found it weird that they never put the name of the places in the Youtube description.
Surely he's blown up enough that if was taking payment then he'd he to disclose it or it would get out by a takeaway that didn't pay. And at a minimum he'd put the name and address in the description like you say.

YouTube payouts aren't life changing imo, it's all in sponsorships and he doesn't have any of those. The merch isn't exactly a seller either.

Reactions: 2
I find it so uncomfortable how on his Florida trip that he keeps filming his teenage daughter even though she clearly doesn’t want to be on camera.

I also reported them to the ASA because his first set of American vlogs were very obviously sponsored but not declared. They were reminded of their obligations to declare content properly so any future reports will be taken more seriously in the context of already being told what they need to do.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.