Radford Family #5 Sue's given birth to number 22, now surely that'll do?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bleh. It just makes it so hard for the kids. I don't understand why they think it makes it any more unique.

No, Karen. Your Ayva is still going to get confused with the 5 Ava's in her class. Shoving a Y in there does not make it any more unique.

People say my kids names are boring. They're nothing special but they're also not top 10 popular which is what I wanted. And at least they're spelt right. The most out there name we used is Ripley as my daughter's middle. But I sorta regret that now 😅 At least it's in the middle lol
Jude is not a boring name! I love it. Not common but not unusual either. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Agree that I don’t understand why they had to add the extra E to Heidie. My daughter has an Irish name (she’s half Irish), people struggle to spell/pronounce it and even ask me if I made it up because apparently other cultures don’t exist 🤦‍♀️ No idea why anyone would purposefully butcher a common name, an extra E doesn’t make you special!
I have a traditional Irish name, which was fine growing up in the 90s but now due to people not getting the difference in phonetic language is a nightmare. The constant spelling out is a nightmare so why intentionally change a well known name to do this to a child.
Even spelling mine out I have gotten a wide range of variations

Reactions: 6
My son went to nursery with a Thor. I thought how lovely, after the god of Thunder. Nope, you guessed it after the Marvel character.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My son went to nursery with a Thor. I thought how lovely, after the god of Thunder. Nope, you guessed it after the Marvel character.
Don't worry there;s gonna be tons of those sorts of names about now like:
bellatrix
voldemort
aquaman
wolverine
magneto
and the like

• Haha
bellatrix
voldemort
aquaman
wolverine
magneto
and the like
Imagine your kid coming home and saying they made a new friend called Voldemort.

I don't even know what I'd do 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 27
bellatrix
voldemort
aquaman
wolverine
magneto
and the like
I know someone called Thorne and my son goes to school with a lad called tiger, he really doesnt suit the name either, also I worked with a lady called baby. She said her parents couldn't decide on a name and had to register her so as they had spent weeks calling her that they would make it official

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
On the strange name thing I know a girl named storm and she has a brother called blaze. Both these names remind me of a husky dog for some reason. There are so many lovely names out there why this family choose to restrict their girls names by only having ie sounding I don’t know. It’s just ridiculous really. Also a tongue twister to have to call them all down for tea! I really feel sorry for their son if he does have autism. Children with autism don’t cope well with crowds and noise yet this poor child has to live in a house with both. She should be focusing on the children she has not just keep adding to them so very very selfish. A child with special needs has to have twice the time out in so it’s more like having 2 children in that sense. They need lots of support which she is very clearly not able to provide.

My ex wanted to call my son Patrick after his great grandads names I was like hell no

Reactions: 1
My ex wanted to call my son Patrick after his great grandads names I was like hell no
I like Patrick, fair enough if it's not your cup of tea though I'm quite a traditionalist in terms of names

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My son’s friend had a sister who was called Daizy until she had it changed to Daisy pretty much as soon as she turned 16! She had a lifetime of hell explaining she was called “Daizy... with a z” and didn’t care to please her parents by keeping their unique spelling. If Heidie can cope with “Heidie... with an e on the end” for 16 years then she can get it changed too 🤣

Reactions: 11
On the strange name thing I know a girl named storm and she has a brother called blaze. Both these names remind me of a husky dog for some reason. There are so many lovely names out there why this family choose to restrict their girls names by only having ie sounding I don’t know. It’s just ridiculous really. Also a tongue twister to have to call them all down for tea! I really feel sorry for their son if he does have autism. Children with autism don’t cope well with crowds and noise yet this poor child has to live in a house with both. She should be focusing on the children she has not just keep adding to them so very very selfish. A child with special needs has to have twice the time out in so it’s more like having 2 children in that sense. They need lots of support which she is very clearly not able to provide.
They're just lost in all the chaos. Both me and my sister have autism. Autistic people hate overcrowded spaces and lots of noise, as it overwhelms them, so that must be a nightmare for whichever of the boys has it. It is selfish of her to get pregnant again with so many children and some with disabilities, whether it physical or emotional. Am I right in think Tillie got her cage before she fell pregnant or that they knew she would have to have the cage before she got pregnant and were TTC? If so then its even more selfish, as Tillie needed/would need more care and attention and among is it at least 12 of the siblings (though its got to be more) that is hard enough to come by! All children need space and the way some of the younger ones are crammed in their rooms, they're not getting it. It's selfish. Sue doesn't have the mentality of a 45 yr old anyway, more that of a teen as she gets so excited when she's pregnant and about all the things she can get for the new baby! So I think she would struggle to deal with the needs of autistic child anyway, I could be wrong. But to me it all seems like its all about the latest baby and pregnancy all the new baby stuff! So this child just gets pushed out of the way. I mean they wouldn't set up a bed for tillie downstairs and always whine about having to take her to the hospital, even in front of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
We knew a Jorja (Georgia) who went to my son’s gymnastics and, my personal favourite, a stuck-up mum at dance who couldn’t understand why her precious daughter’s school kept calling her Eva instead of Ava... “I know it’s spelt with an “E” but it’s pronounced Ava and they know this!”

🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
My foster sister is called Jorga i like it but no that fussed on the spelling
I personally don't like my name obviously not louise btw if anyone is confused😂(uncommon and Irish) it is constantly spelt incorrectly and I've spent my entire life spelling it or correcting people

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My foster sister is called Jorga i like it but no that fussed on the spelling
I personally don't like my name (uncommon and Irish) it is constantly spelt incorrectly and I've spent my entire life spelling it or correcting people
It’s a perfectly nice name, that spelling just makes me cringe 🙈

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.