Radford Family #5 Sue's given birth to number 22, now surely that'll do?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
:sick:
What happened to normally spelt names?? Alexia would have been fine. My youngest is Jude and the woman who runs the toddler music group at the library asked how I spell it and I was like... what? It's spelt Jude. She said she wasn't sure as she'd come across 'Jewd' before. Like. What.
Sadly I know a 'Zowffe' pronounced Sophie :confused:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Agree that I don’t understand why they had to add the extra E to Heidie. My daughter has an Irish name (she’s half Irish), people struggle to spell/pronounce it and even ask me if I made it up because apparently other cultures don’t exist 🤦‍♀️ No idea why anyone would purposefully butcher a common name, an extra E doesn’t make you special!

Reactions: 9
We knew a Jorja (Georgia) who went to my son’s gymnastics and, my personal favourite, a stuck-up mum at dance who couldn’t understand why her precious daughter’s school kept calling her Eva instead of Ava... “I know it’s spelt with an “E” but it’s pronounced Ava and they know this!”

🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
We knew a Jorja (Georgia) who went to my son’s gymnastics and, my personal favourite, a stuck-up mum at dance who couldn’t understand why her precious daughter’s school kept calling her Eva instead of Ava... “I know it’s spelt with an “E” but it’s pronounced Ava and they know this!”

🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
kerry katonas youngest daughter Dylan's middle name is Jorge.

Reactions: 2
Bleh. It just makes it so hard for the kids. I don't understand why they think it makes it any more unique.

No, Karen. Your Ayva is still going to get confused with the 5 Ava's in her class. Shoving a Y in there does not make it any more unique.

People say my kids names are boring. They're nothing special but they're also not top 10 popular which is what I wanted. And at least they're spelt right. The most out there name we used is Ripley as my daughter's middle. But I sorta regret that now 😅 At least it's in the middle lol

Reactions: 13
Bleh. It just makes it so hard for the kids. I don't understand why they think it makes it any more unique.

No, Karen. Your Ayva is still going to get confused with the 5 Ava's in her class. Shoving a Y in there does not make it any more unique.
I know someone called Shriek!

• Haha
  • Wow
The spelling is just ridiculously silly. Why limit yourself with a silly naming rule?! Especially when you like have so many kids.🙄

Reactions: 4
I watched the vlog and the kids had to find the letters of the name for the baby.
When I saw the letter H I thought that they were going to call her Hattie then I thought they have a Hallie but if they have Hallie and a Hattie it would sound very odd
They could have got away with Hettie over Hattie.

Reactions: 3
Abnormal spellings of names are unfair and wrong. It destines your child to a lifetime of correcting their name and having to explain and spell it. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Heidi.

Reactions: 6
Dylan Jorge for a girl? Interesting!

I know a gorgeous boy called Wolfie. I thought it was a nickname when I first met him 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My ex did want to name our daughter Evenleigh, pronounced like Heavenly w/o the H, after our oldest who is Evan. (He died a few months before she was born)

1) She needs her own name.
2) What the duck. 🤣

• Sad
  • Wow
I quite like Wolfie... 🙈 Not one I'd use though.
It’s grown on me as he’s just gorgeous and it does suit him, like I can’t imagine him being called anything else now. But I also like River and Winter and Piper. I like unusual names but misspelled just make me cringe. I’d totally use Winter, but Wynter? duck off.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.