Racism on TV

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think anybody is telling you what to watch or find funny.
Of course they are, as the programmes that we once watched and enjoyed are all of a sudden rasist and so now been pulled, hence they are telling us what we can and can't watch.

We are on a very slippery slope.

Reactions: 1
Of course they are, as the programmes that we once watched and enjoyed are all of a sudden rasist and so now been pulled, hence they are telling us what we can and can't watch.

They’re not all of a sudden racist, they were always racist.

Reactions: 4

Really? A slippery slope to what? Calling out racism? :rolleyes:
Sorry you feel offended that the shows you watch and enjoy were actually racist all along.

Just 3 per cent of the UK's population is black. What right have they got to tell the other 97 per cent of us what we're allowed to watch or find funny?
Jesus F'ing christ. I can't even.

Reactions: 7

No one is telling you what to watch it’s more that broadcasters/mainstream viewing platforms/channels don’t want to be associated with such shows.

A law hasn’t been passed so no one has told you anything.

Sure you can find your old racist shows on a grainy YouTube channel 👍 while you reminisce about the ‘good old days’

Reactions: 5

But as we've said, you can watch it, just not on that particular platform. Go and buy the dvd.
And whatever you find funny is up to you, the rest of us just might call you racist if what you find funny is blackface. You are still free, but not free from criticism.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
As an aside, anyone else notice that ignorant cunts who post racist shite online often don’t have even primary level spelling skills?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
They’re not all of a sudden racist, they were always racist.
Really! So it's taken 30 years + for people to realise it, or as I have said before it's the bandwagon everyone's jumping on. 🤦‍♀️

When people see Fawlty Towers as rasist we have a problem, a very big problem.

Some good news the BLM have cancelled their protests/riots for this weekend 👍 apparently because people that are proud of this country and its heritage are going to be out protecting our statues, war vetrens included. Guess they will be labelled 'Right wing rasists though' for doing so. 😬

As an aside, anyone else notice that ignorant cunts who post racist shite online often don’t have even primary level spelling skills?
Not quite 'PrincessCharming' with language like that!!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Really! So it's taken 30 years + for people to realise it, or as I have said before it's the bandwagon everyone's jumping on. 🤦‍♀️

Some good news the BLM have cancelled their protests/riots for this weekend 👍 apparently because people that are proud of this country and its heritage are going to be out protecting our statues, war vetrens included. Guess they will be labelled 'Right wing rasists though' for doing so. 😬

I honestly hope you are a troll.

Actually the Protests have been cancelled because they are organised by non violent groups who rather not go up against those threatening the movement with violence. The Riots on the other hand I wouldn’t hold my breath on not going ahead.

So you don't think calling a black person a w*g or N like they do in Fawlty Tower is racist?

That episode of Fawlty Towers contains repeated use of the n-word and "w*g". I honestly shouldn't need to tell you that those words are racist.

Reactions: 5
The episode has the Major complaining to Fawlty about a conversation he had with his wife about the difference between 'Wogs' and '*******'. Are you unable to see that this is just the slightest bit racist?

Reactions: 2

I hope you know you’re a massive racist :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Right I’m going get off here for now to take my mixed race self off get ready to celebrate my anniversary tonight with my Turkish partner. We’re going enjoy a Japanese made sushi take away which I’ll drive to collect in my French made car this evening.
It’s even more special as he got me to hospital in time a couple of weeks ago which could have been fatal but I’m on the mend (I was looked after by nurses and doctors from all over the world. So grateful for them🙏🏼)
Ahhh isn’t diversity wonderful 😍 👋🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I hope you know you’re a massive racist :)
You don't know me, it's so easy to call anyone a racist that doesn't have the same view as you. It's the buzz word atm, anyone dare speak a word about any non white and they are automatically a racist. 🤔

Right I’m going get off here for now to take my mixed race self off get ready to celebrate my anniversary tonight with my Turkish partner. We’re going enjoy a Japanese made sushi take away which I’ll drive to collect in my French made car this evening.
It’s even more special as he got me to hospital in time a couple of weeks ago which could have been fatal but I’m on the mend (I was looked after by nurses and doctors from all over the world. So grateful for them🙏🏼)
Love this. Happy Anniversary ❤

You don't know me, it's so easy to call anyone a racist that doesn't have the same view as you. It's the buzz word atm, anyone dare speak a word about any non white and they are automatically a racist. 🤔
It’s nothing to do with having the same view. It’s to do with you clearly being a racist lmao. And doing so on a public forum

Edited to add that as a white person, you cannot have an “opinion” on racism. It is something you have never experienced and therefore you cannot form an “opinion” on it.

Have a wonderful evening💗💗

Last edited:
Sorry to break it to you, but you are being racist. Everything you’ve said so far on this thread has been racist.

“Why are we pandering to minorities?”

“If they don’t like it don’t look or leave.”

Dress it up however you like, that’s racism and it’s disgusting. Such a backward, outdated view of the world we live in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.