Racism on TV

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You don't know me, it's so easy to call anyone a racist that doesn't have the same view as you. It's the buzz word atm, anyone dare speak a word about any non white and they are automatically a racist. 🤔
Buzz word 🤣 You're so deluded it’s unreal. How about you stop wasting your time here trying to justify your racism and go educate yourself.

Reactions: 4
You don't know me, it's so easy to call anyone a racist that doesn't have the same view as you. It's the buzz word atm, anyone dare speak a word about any non white and they are automatically a racist. 🤔
No hun, you're being called racist because you are a racist.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I love how fawlty towers is the bar you are going by, that's the definition for a slippery slope. You do realise that these racist tears have been shed in the past, when slavery was abolished, when apartheid was abolished, when black people were allowed to vote, when they took off programmes such as love thy neighbour and alf garnett, when people found jim Davidson and Bernard manning odious and offensive.

Look face it, your way of thinking is dying out. We will look back and be aghast that we allowed blackface on tv. There's nothing you can do to stop that.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
If you’re not racist then stop bleeping acting like it.

The sad thing is that no one is actively racist but it's their actions that make them racist. It's also not enough to be not racist but you have to actively be anti-racist. All weekend I have heard people moan and complain how black people should be acting during this movement and what they are doing right or wrong from white people in my family. All I really want to tell them is to keep their opinions to themselves. It's not about them! If you are not affected by a situation and if you have never encountered something in your life before then how the hell do you have the cheek to sit in your lovely cosy home and criticise other people. It's like you have never had a disease such as flu in your life yet you have the cheek to tell someone suffering from flu how to deal with it. Like seriously shut up!

I hope the racist posts being left up are to put a spotlight on the racism rather than reflecting the view of Tattle.

Mumsnet, for example, let racism stand because they are a racist organisation, in my opinion, with close links to the Daily Mail.

I see Tattle as a breath of fresh air and hope it stays that way.

'how anyone dare speak a word about a non white and they are automatically called a racist' well if the 'word' is w*g or N then YES THEY ARE RACIST!

Reactions: 5
I actually had someone very close to me say that ''it is sad what happened to George flloyd but he was no saint'' and this person constantly says they are not racist.

No offence to anyone but alot of white people never realised their privilege! This movement has shown them how lucky they are and make them appreciate them of their privileges in life.

I know so many people who constantly chant they are not racist but their actions are racist! The fact that so many people still think that black people have not suffered that much in their history. I could go on forever but it's just so exhausting.

Reactions: 1
I actually had someone very close to me say that ''it is sad what happened to George flloyd but he was no saint'' and this person constantly says they are not racist.

No offence to anyone but alot of white people never realised their privilege! This movement has shown them how lucky they are and make them appreciate them of their privileges in life.

I know so many people who constantly chant they are not racist but their actions are racist! The fact that so many people still think that black people have not suffered that much in their history. I could go on forever but it's just so exhausting.
Another one is when white people call pakistani's paki's THATS racist! It really boils my blood how people throw the word round so casually.

Thread is being locked as it's not going anywhere good.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.