Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Stella_b

@Poppypops3 suggesting someone is a coke head or might be a traveller have nothing to do with the actions of last weekend those comments are way out of line.

Reactions: 39

TinaGP

VIP Member
I just never understood the howling hysterical laughing at the milky coffee thing , the coddle thing , the salmon balls , the constant laughing at the electrician been knocked over by the dog , like a broken record over and over again . Like once or twice , fine . All those times she said “Lads, I’ve replied to all ye’r messages” “Lads ye have me in stitches” “I’m after gettin loads of messages from ye about me bathroom” “Here’s where I keep me bathroom towels” Who are these people who have her in stitches and who are these mysterious people she replies to , when she is so heartless and ignored all those messages from people who were trying to tell her their heart breaking stories, to offer support , not even a like from her .

• Heart

Columbo

VIP Member
Right that's it. That "apology" is horse shit. I liked her, I've defended her but the mask is slipping and it certainly slipped right off her face in Belfast that night.

Whatever about her wanting to be Insta famous, that's her perogative but to blatantly lie and say she wore her mask all night 🙄 she hadn't got it on on the bus and I'm sure there was a video of her and Denise (another liar) walking through Castlecourt without masks.

Didn't anticipate the crowds 🙄 didn't anticipate the back lash more like. And I'm still annoyed about that paid charity post last week. Why can't these floggers support a charity without needing a pay day.

Hunnybunny5

I’m so upset and disappointed with Rachel. I truly loved watching her stories. I most of sent her a good 18 lovely messages since April and not ONCE have I ever gotten a like or reply. I couldn’t be looking at her anymore. I’m disgusted. I am a heathcare assistant that didn’t see my own grandparents for 6 months just to protect other people’s grandparents. What a fucking kick in the head to see her sitting there with no mask on. Shameful.

• Heart
  • Sad
Well I wouldnt consider what I said to be me "completely dismissing it", however when you put it like that in terms of Rachel pouring her heart out etc on her platform and opening up that side of her life for all to see, i fully agree with your take on why people would question why didnt that extend to raising awareness or funds.

I suppose I was sensitive in terms of vulnerable people grieving and reading the comments about why isnt she fundraising etc, and non influencer/every day people posting about their own fund raising efforts and giving back etc, and I didnt want anybody to feel it is ever expected by those services, regardless of what platform a person may have. However as you pointed out, Rachels platform is very different in terms of she was the one to open up all the discussion on grief and her experience, her platform centred around the services she would be fund raising for, which is very different to even a regular influencers platform. So I actually get it now. Thanks 💓
Look at all us fuckwits having decent conversations.... I'm proud of you all... 💛😁

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Airy-fairy

VIP Member
Try again Rachel.
Change your apology.
Distance yourself as a BA.
Restrict your movements and those of your children for 14 days.
You need to earn respect to get respect.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Stella_b

Some of the comments on here are crazy I’m all for calling influencers out but some of the suggestions being made are absolutely vile I wouldn’t want said about my worst enemy

On another note I know people who have had mobile homes as it means they can save for a deposit for a house without having to go to the bank of Mammy & Daddy or throw rent down the drain doesn’t mean they’re a traveller!

Reactions: 36
Taking time away from social media. Should she not have been doing that as a mark of respect for her hubby being gone 6 months! Ridiculous

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 35

ela87

Chatty Member
I didn't realise there was a thread for Rachel so posted this on the bperfect thread earlier...I'll catch up now.

Rachel Gorrys apology on her story could barely be described as an apology. I like her and really feel for what she has been through but her choice to attend this event in BELFAST was incredibly poor judgement and quite frankly extremely selfish. She of all people should know how illnesses affecrs families and can see how hard it is for people not to be able to hold normal funerals for loved ones having been though it with Daniel her husband. She needs to wise up a bit and not want to be in with the 'cool gang'all the time. I would havr expected more of her by way of an apology than one story on her Instagram....personally i dont care if she left early and went to bed - it shows a serious lack of basic cop on to travel from Offaly to Belfast at a time like this.

• Heart

Socialmediabite

VIP Member
Lads do you think it’s worth it all , are these people ( not just Rachel )really happy ? I came to this site initially to see what was happening about Mrs Hinch( I like her ) never got involved but saw a thread on irish people (lbp) and saw it fester into negativity after negativity to a point they can’t fart right ! How can they enjoy this lifestyle ? It must be really really profitable because no amount would pay you to see such criticism of every single thing you do . I’d love to know if half of you here would trade places with them for a day ( I sure as hell wouldn’t in a million years ) I’m glad she’s apologised, I really liked her but can’t help question if all the people are right about her now , was there really never ever one mention of a cancer support / charity 😢
It was never about Cancer support. Never once has she used her platform to say we need more investment into cures.
Never once had a discussion on the home nursing supports and that the Irish Cancer Society supply this through fundraising.

Wouldn't you use your platform to raise awareness.... Not Rachel the only charity post was #ad. Who takes money to raise awareness for a charity clothes drive in a pandemic

• Sad
  • Angry

dontcome@me

VIP Member
I have to say I’ve been horrified by some of the things she has shown and the overall ambition/strategy to become insta famous/an influencer during the loss of her husband.
How she could leave those poor kids overnight/for a weekend twice in the last month I don’t know.
I also think Denise from Pelo has shown her true colours with this - very cleverly choosing people like Rachel and Shannen the big C and me as brand ambassadors - whoever is flavour of the month for the grief vultures - accessing promotion to their growing audiences when they are not established enough to be charging big bucks - they were probably delighted to be picked for something. It also gives her “good publicity” to be working with people who have had tragic circumstances

• Heart

Princessdippy

Got you all riled up now 😂 Bunch of fuckwits with nothing else to do only bitch about other people. Life must be shit for you. Listing all the grief in your lives, how perfectly you’d run everyone else’s life, commenting on kids and what you think about them, authorities on everything. Have a long hard look at yourselves and imagine how you’d feel if that was your sister, daughter, aunty, cousin. Shame on you for abusing free speech and other women, regardless of whether they’re in the public eye or live down the road.
Btw, my name is Liz, I live in Sligo, I’m 51, a nurse, I’ve had CoVid, I’ve had people close to me pass away but I don’t have the right to judge others or tell them how to live their lives. 🤪
You should retire Liz ya sound wrecked....

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Delboy

Chatty Member
Liz I’m sure your still reading!! Unfortunately we can’t keep carrying the ignorant people
Does anyone remember Rachel's update before Daniel passed, and she was giving out about family members having to look through her sitting room window at him, and then going on a rant about ppl not following guidelines and mixing in crowds? (or something to that effect)

Reactions: 34

tinytots

Denises page is private. I unfollowed Rachel ages ago
Here’s a better one of the ignorance of Rachel. I happened to get into a conversation last night on instagram with someone i follow. It went on for some time as us trolls have nothing else to do i’m like the walking dead in work today 😂. Anyway.....

I had messaged this person some time ago about something she shared online and i was just interested in purchasing. Said person had 2 extra items of what i was looking for posted them to me no charge wouldn’t accept a penny. Which i’m extremely grateful for i’m no instagram person but i did post a story to thank the kindness of the person as it touched my soul at a very bad time. Also sent flowers to person work place to say thanks.

This person out of there own hard cash went had a piece of jewellery made for the fame hungry Rachel with her Daniels the kids names on it. Rachel messaged person said thanks and has ignored them since. No mention on stories person has a small business not jewellery but wouldn’t even tag the business or showcase the jewellery. Now don’t get me wrong i get Rachel don’t owe this person anything but cause the person is just your normal Joe soap i personally think that sums Rachel up to say i’m livid over it is putting it mildly. What a lovely thing to do for someone i’m wondering how many others have been treated the same by Rachel.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

Taylor17

VIP Member
It's mission accomplished for her going on the amount of people who are posting that they feel guilty for writing negative stuff and we should move on etc. I actually couldn't care less if she apologised or not. She wouldn't be my kind of person in real life because I see no depth or character in her. She's very vanilla. She is the merry widow having a ball and raking in the money. She gets told she's a brilliant mom and a stunner every day of the week and she loves it. That apology is so she can go back to normal tomorrow. As boring as she is, she's obviously very driven and determined to be a successful Instagramer. She'll probably end up with a book deal. Then we will see her fans up in arms because they might preach that she's entitled to move on but they only want her to go so far. As far as I'm concerned she was a woman with a plan before her husband died. The necklace in the apology was another blatant attempt at getting sympathy and it worked.

• Heart

Malone

VIP Member
I think a lot of people are having a light bulb 💡 moment since Belfast regarding Rachel .